• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 Specs leaked: To be innards of TI-83 Calculator, comes with packet of crisps!

HUELEN10

Bluemercury said:
This is fake probably just because of blu-ray...they invested in that holographic format remember....
I doubt they will use that next gen, gen after next at the very earliest realistically. Besides, BD means Panasonic, and you know how far back they and Nintendo go...

Still, I don't want the Wii 2 in the rumor, I want my Wii HD!

Seriously, HVDs cost about 150 USD per disc.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bluemercury said:
This is fake probably just because of blu-ray...they invested in that holographic format remember....
Do you expect them to release a console with holographic cubes next year?

How expensive would a slim 360 level power upgrade be for Nintendo nowadays? Im sure the R&D for something that isnt trying to be cutting edge would be comparatively minor

Jocchan said:
Do you expect them to release a console with holographic cubes next year?

The idea is to develop something based on that tech, not necessarly exactly the same, and going back to their latest R&D 300 million feat, maybe that's what it was used for.....

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bluemercury said:
The idea is to develop something based on that tech, not necessarly exactly the same, and going back to their latest R&D 300 million feat, maybe that's what it was used for.....
But next year would still be too early for that, considering we haven't heard anything practical about that technology.
Honestly, if they're indeed going to release new hardware next year (and, at this point, I would be really surprised if they didn't), I doubt it would feature that tech. Especially considering it would still need an optical drive for backwards compatibility.

Whatever nimtendo release next, the jump from Wii to WiiHD will be significantly clearer than the HD twins jump to next HD console.

You can also bet that they'll have Mario Kart and Smash Bros, and a new Wii Sports type game at or in launch period.

DefectiveReject said:
Whatever nimtendo release next, the jump from Wii to WiiHD will be significantly clearer than the HD twins jump to next HD console.

You can also bet that they'll have Mario Kart and Smash Bros, and a new Wii Sports type game at or in launch period.

Na. They will spread those out a bit. Retros next game though....launch title. I have a feeling.

[Nintex]

DefectiveReject said:

Super Smash Bros. was the most popular GameCube game by far and this gen Nintendo went all out for the sequel. With Mario Kart Wii being as popular as it is, I guess that'll be the launch game for Wii HD. I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda HD showed up for launch. Maybe that's the reason why we haven't seen the game yet. They've been working on it since 2005/2006 and not even a screenshot. Considering the fact that Nintendo build TP in just 3 years, I expect they'll use the extra year to work on the visuals.

sinxtanx

Jocchan said:
Especially considering it would still need an optical drive for backwards compatibility.
You do realize that holo-discs use optical drives?
But I agree, next year is too fucking early (games would cost like $200)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
sinxtanx said:
You do realize that holo-discs use optical drives?
But I agree, next year is too fucking early (games would cost like $200)
I thought the holographic technology Nintendo has been linked to had nothing to do with discs?

Top Bottom