• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii? Non! - Nintendo Land |OT|

By googling I couldn't find anything, but is the freezing issue fixed yet? Might get this soon but not if the freezing isn't fixed. Surely it is by now...?

L Thammy

My Wii's frozen on NetFlix, YouTube, and the Activity Log. Never Nintendo Land (nearly 20 hours when I last checked).

Fighting Kraid

Hope that helps

Here are some general fighting advice:

Specific advice re Kraid's Army:

Sounds like I need to learn how to use the Gunship, then. I might as well complete the earlier missions for practice.

The later advanced missions you guys are mentioning sound really annoying, but damn it, I've come this far already.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
By googling I couldn't find anything, but is the freezing issue fixed yet? Might get this soon but not if the freezing isn't fixed. Surely it is by now...?
I've had four freezes since launch: one in the Settings app (I was fooling around with the locale settings), one in Miiverse while posting a drawing (grrr) and two at the very beginning of NintendoLand loading, before the spotlights appear over the curtains (spotlights mean the game has loaded). That may seem like a lot but keep in mind I have over 110 hours in NintendLand alone, in the course of two months.

Sounds like I need to learn how to use the Gunship, then. I might as well complete the earlier missions for practice.

The later advanced missions you guys are mentioning sound really annoying, but damn it, I've come this far already.
Indeed, practice makes perfect. A very good 'passing grade' test for your mastery of the gunship is a mission called 'On Familiar Grounds' (IIRC) - that one will show you your weaknesses with the gunship, before your go for tougher missions.

javac

Such a good game. Pretty much all of the games annoy you to no end until you complete them, and then at that point you just feel a rush of joy and satisfaction. Metroid blast is so much fun, being able to pick up the gamepad and play some missions without the need to turn on he TV is great! To bad nobody in my household wants to play multi-player with me :(

trixx

Hey guys this probably has been adressed, sorry in advance. But i was wondering how to beat stage 9 of donkey kong crash course it doesn't make any sense to me lol.

5 player luigi's ghost mansion is so gooooood

zigg

Hey guys this probably has been adressed, sorry in advance. But i was wondering how to beat stage 9 of donkey kong crash course it doesn't make any sense to me lol.
Lean into the jumps ever so slightly, tap the shoulders very quickly, and let yourself settle between jumps.

And then practice the hell out of it. I think it took me ~30 tries to get 90% proficient at it. ;-)

OK, I've been away so I've not been on the DK:CC personal best trail recently. Since returning I have been largely occupied with Miiverse and the ongoing campaign to get 60Hz VC games on Wii U (see the Balloon Fight community).

Anyway! I just found out about this on Miiverse: a secret hidden 1-UP on Course 3:

4f8612aa689911e2949722000a1f90e1_7.jpg

And then managed to land the crazy shortcut on Course 3 that I almost landed in one of my other recordings. Sadly, I did not have my capture device running. But here's a screen grab photo:

b9536be0689b11e29bb822000a1f9abd_7.jpg

Let me know if you have any thoughts...

Madouu

haha that 1-up is pretty awesome.

I haven't been able to play these last few days since I'm in a bit of a work rush lately but I do spend a bit of time on Miiverse and I saw you pulled off a 40 seconds run on the first course too, congrats.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I ended up enjoying co-op Zelda a lot more than I thought I would at first for an on rails game. Much better than Pikmin, but still quite up to par with Metroid.

I've played through all Zelda stages, all Pikmin save the last two extra stages and half of the Metroid co-op with my GF. It's been really really fun. My gf isn't used to gaming at all, and eventhough I tried to get her into some of the more gamey stuff on wii, none of the games could hold her attention for long. To present all the Nintendo franchises in these bit-sized pieces is perfect for newcomers, and mastering them is one of the hardest feats I've done in gaming recently.

Right now me and my gf are playing the Cave together as well and she's looking forward to Pikmin 3 as well!

Croc

Banned
Just got a Wii U not that long ago and have been playing a lot of this.

I've been playing it on and off mostly but today and yesterday I've been playing some of these a lot more seriously.

I absolutely love how many unlockable things there are. I didn't even realize you could get those gold stars until earlier today when I beat the first course in Donkey Kong's Crash Course. Just a couple of minutes ago I ended up getting a star for Takamaru's Ninja Castle as well.

I was a bit confused at first when I beat it and nothing happened and then some of the messages at the end said something like "I got to the end and was excited! But then I read the message T_T" and "Throw at the Princess at the end!"
So I figured I missed something, and I went through quickly again and unlocked the harder portion. I ALMOST made it to the 8th round but I died right at the end of the 7th when things got a little crowded.

So far DK's Crash Course is my favorite, I think. I also really like Pikmin, Zelda, and Metroid. I haven't played toooo much of Zelda or Metroid though so I still have yet to really judge those.

Qurupeke

Is this pre final level(advanced) on Pikmin Adventure as impossible to beat as it seems? :(

Also, what's this stamp about the belly of the beast in Metroid?

L Thammy

Is this pre final level(advanced) on Pikmin Adventure as impossible to beat as it seems? :(

I think Pikmin Adventure is easier when you play as a Pikmin. Now, solo mastering the stages, that's impossible.

Had an epic multiplayer session of this last night after the Superbowl got out of hand. We still had the game running on the side but even when San Fran came back people were more into Nintendo Land. It was the first time for most of them and all they kept saying was "this is so fun!" Most were people who couldn't even figure out which way to point a Wiimote so I didn't get into Metroid, but all the other 5 player games were big hits.

I'm not sure why they didn't make Zelda 5 players; I guess there's already a hint of slowdown but it feels like a wasted opportunity. I kind of wish they'd put in 1-5 player modes for everything, even if it was just taking turns.

I'm also not sure why this game hasn't been a bigger hit, I've never been in a room of people playing it who weren't have a blast, and it's super casual-friendly.

Qurupeke

I've mastered all the regular missions on Metroid, and now I'm doing the same on the advanced. Also, I can't pass the pre final mission of pikmin... Just impossible...

maeda

The mechanics in Metroid Blast still amaze me to no end! Nintendo, please turn this foundation into a full-fledged game!
I'm kind of sad I have nobody to play the game with. It seems like all the multiplayer attractions are lots of fun. :(

Fall off the ledge by where the cart is, catch your wheel on the ledge below and keep tilting to the right to drive into the flag.

Don't worry though, it is one of the trickier drops!

L Thammy

I think I know the answer already, but is it possible to get the ending without multiplayer?

If I'm thinking of the right stage, it's actually harder to beat than most Metroid or Zelda stages are to master. Good luck.

Playing as a Pikmin: Hop instead of running. Stick to the normal combo. Get the Whip Seed and keep it. You'll need it when you have to crush all the blocks and it's faster than throwing rocks.

Croc

Banned
@Futureman

For me what works best is just go slooooowly off of the edge. When the cart ends up falling it just does a spin off of the ledge and ends up the right way. The only time that hasn't worked for me was if I went a bit too fast; slower always worked better.

Futureman

@Futureman

For me what works best is just go slooooowly off of the edge. When the cart ends up falling it just does a spin off of the ledge and ends up the right way. The only time that hasn't worked for me was if I went a bit too fast; slower always worked better.

yep, figured that out. Thanks. I've made it to Stage 2 Hard Mode section 3 or 4 I think. I think I'll get through all 4 soon enough. First two levels are such a breeze now.

Donkey Kong, Zelda and Ballon Trip are probably my 3 favorite Nintendo Land games. Wonder if we'll get an DLC? Some new DK stages would be great.

zigg

In DK, how do pass the part in stage 2 where the entire section tilts?
Tilt your pad back and forth to run through it until you get to the bottom, then rotate it 180° and repeat to navigate downward to the exit (which used to be your entrance.)

Took me a couple tries to figure that one out (particularly since I was already low on lives…)

An easier way is to move out of the way and rotate the mechanism clockwise to make the top of it into a ramp you can drive up. Then when on top of it, rotate it counterclockwise and press a bumper to open the door and you'll be passed straight through the opening.

zigg

Fall off the ledge by where the cart is, catch your wheel on the ledge below and keep tilting to the right to drive into the flag.

Don't worry though, it is one of the trickier drops!
I'll say. I still haven't managed it. Maybe break it down a little more? Am I supposed to be kind of driving off the ledge then pulling back mid-drop or something?

Futureman

I'll say. I still haven't managed it. Maybe break it down a little more? Am I supposed to be kind of driving off the ledge then pulling back mid-drop or something?

Just let the cart fall off the ledge as slow as possible. It should hit off the two pegs sticking out and flip right side up.

Madouu

Tilt your pad back and forth to run through it until you get to the bottom, then rotate it 180° and repeat to navigate downward to the exit (which used to be your entrance.)

Took me a couple tries to figure that one out (particularly since I was already low on lives…)

Another (faster) option is to get on the top of the box (don't get inside) and rotate it counterclockwise to go the next section, way easier :p

My girlfriend noticed this shortcut first a while back while watching on the zoomed out view. This is what I truly love about this console, and what sets it apart from the rest.

Just let the cart fall off the ledge as slow as possible. It should hit off the two pegs sticking out and flip right side up.

yup, slow works almost 100% of the time. If you want to do it a bit faster you'll have to tilt the gamepad to the right. You'll often crash, but you'll probably grab the checkered flag before you die.

I can get through the gap on demand, but landing the shortcut is about 50/50 for me so far.

hmm I haven't been able to land it yet but I can finally go through the gap

Madouu

That's a glitch alright... Apparently he max tilts to the right just before the L platform reaches the wheels of his cart...

hmm I'm gonna try this right now.

edit: Is it just me or can you go way faster by always holding the gamepad flat?

Madouu

Flat as in how? With the screen parallel to the floor? Or perfectly at right angles to the floor?

Perfectly parallel to the floor. It really does feel faster, but I need to stop crashing every 5 seconds with this method to compare :D Although now that I've been messing up with this control method a bit, it appears that I always land the shortcut in the middle part of the course, the one where you're getting down in the elevator and need to fly/flip yourself to the other side of the board.

In other news, I tried for about 15 minutes to reproduce the glitch and all I've been able to do, is have my cart hang with one of its wheels on the lower red girder. Good start I guess?

Shahadan

So what's the consensus on new DLC attractions?

Day one!

I just finished Metroid Blast co-op it was amazing. They put quite a lot of content for a Metroid themed attraction.
I see a lot of my visitors having many trophies on the solo games while having less than 10% completion on the co-op ones (zelda,pikmin,metroid). I end up wondering if people realize they can also play these solo.

I mean if you can stomach the awfulness of the fzero ride until you got a golden trophy, you can at least play metroid blast or pikmin adventure...

NickMitch

Soo.....Does anyone here know that you can play Yoshis FC with 2-players?

The other player can use a WiiMote and pick up 1 fruit (not 2 nor a package/gift)...I played with a friend and we enjoyed the hell out of it. Mainly we used 2 methods:

1. The player with the gamepad aims to take all the fruit and the one with the wii-mote acts like a life-saver and can pick up 1 missed fruit.

2. We both made up a plan for the order to take the fruit and the player with the wii-mote chose to pick up the fruit that was the most difficult or furthest away from the straightest path.

Finally played NL last night with my family. Metroid is awesome. So awesome. Other games are great, but that one takes the cake. Pikmin is #2. Animal Crossing #3.

Zelda... wtf damn, we're terrible at it. Much more hardcore than we expected, haha.

Top Bottom