• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii&PS3 pre-orders begin 10/29 at TRU

Jado said:
Kmart, dude. You know no one goes in there. Got a DS Lite easily when it was sold out everywhere else I went in Manhattan.

You have to watch out for Kmart though, last year my Kmart received no 360's at launch.

I will be there. Missed out on the GS one but not this time :D. Only a month before Wii comes out and less than a month for PS3. Not much time to get ready heh

SS4Gogita said:
Every store is receiving one half of a system.

and they aren't uniform identical halves, so you'll have to quest all over the country, trying to find the person who has the other half of your ps3.. and then do battle to the death while Ken, Kaz and Harrison watch the bloody duel from the Serect blimp flying high above the carnage :lol

Miguel

Robobandit said:
and they aren't uniform identical halves, so you'll have to quest all over the country, trying to find the person who has the other half of your ps3.. and then do battle to the death while Ken, Kaz and Harrison watch the bloody duel from the Serect blimp flying high above the carnage :lol
That's actually Nintendo's plan. Wiinish Cap

Dannor

Am I going to get the shaft since I preordered my Wii like 2 months ago there? I'm also in Canada... but they stopped taking preorders a few weeks ago... Guess I'll have to go and check it out...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
imgadva9.gif

nice ad :/ :/ :/

Kodiak said:
You shut your filthy mouth. You shut your filthy mouth right now.

We all know Jesus rolls with the house of mario.

Blasphemy! This is America and we know that Jesus was white male American . . . and he would play American . . . xbox 360.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Mejilan said:
NY TRUs are going to be nightmarish. I think I'll pass after all.

Well, you can always come out to Suffolk and hang out with me and my brother while we camp out at the local TRU.
It'll still probably be a nightmare though!

lachesis

Since 29th is Sunday - I fully expect line to form in Saturday afternoon... for pre-order.
Not doing it. I already have my pre-order from Gamestop... and I was thinking of getting a 2nd one, but I just don't think it's worth it.

evil ways

Doesn't sound too hot for those that missed the EB/GS pre-orders,not only will you have to beat fellow gaming geeks to the line, but then take into account the crazy moms, Hot Wheels, WWE, Marvel Legends collectors that wait outside the store 2 hours before it opens.

Crimmy

lachesis said:
Since 29th is Sunday - I fully expect line to form in Saturday afternoon... for pre-order.
Not doing it. I already have my pre-order from Gamestop... and I was thinking of getting a 2nd one, but I just don't think it's worth it.

daaaaaaaayum that early?

looks like ill be leavin work early then

Another factor to consider (though I'm uncertain as to how this actually impacts the pre-order situation):

Their toy catalogue also has the new TMX Tickle Me Elmo featured in it, which means people will be lining up for Elmo as well. When he was released, the biggest lines (in my area, at least :)) were outside Toys R Us.

So, will this cause more confusion? What happens for parents when they open the doors and have to choose between being able to get TMX for their 5 year old or pre-order the Wii for their 12 year old? Common sense would tell me to go for the TMX, since its availability leading up to Christmas is uncertain (whereas you can just line-up for the 19th launch at the same TRU), but you never know.

Anyways - just something else to be aware of.

~Cris

typhonsentra said:
Ugh, I might have to do this as it might be my last shot..... but the only TRU's around me are in pretty bad neighborhoods.
Haha... are the PS3 and the Wii worth getting shot? :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just letting you guys know that there is still a possibility of a retraction (or a limitation at least) on preorders. We still don't know how many PS3's we're getting (that tidbit is coming from corporate) but hopefully all is well.

hyp

so is this confirmed at all in writing? anyone have a scan, image, anything? i'm really considering going early to get this preorder.

no_to_co

GDGF said:
Just letting you guys know that there is still a possibility of a retraction (or a limitation at least) on preorders. We still don't know how many PS3's we're getting (that tidbit is coming from corporate) but hopefully all is well.

any idea how bad the bundles are going to be? last year the 360 bundle sucked, it came with a wired controller and a sports game I did not want.

sspeedy

it's like a dilema...waste that many hours in line? I COULD make some $$ this way though. Would be sweet as hell. What's the worst? I'll easily break even, most likely make a few hundred bucks.

damn. i gotta think on this.

EDIT: Will there be a preorder limit of one like GS/EB?

The person I asked at TRU said there would be a 1 system per person limit. I don't know if that means that you can't pre-order both the Wii and the PS3, or if you are simply limited to one of each.

~Cris

GDGF

Soothsayer
no_to_co said:
any idea how bad the bundles are going to be? last year the 360 bundle sucked, it came with a wired controller and a sports game I did not want.

No clue, but i'll post as soon as I find out.

no_to_co

sspeedy said:
it's like a dilema...waste that many hours in line? I COULD make some $$ this way though. Would be sweet as hell. What's the worst? I'll easily break even, most likely make a few hundred bucks.

damn. i gotta think on this.

EDIT: Will there be a preorder limit of one like GS/EB?

Could you not just buy $700 worth of Tickle Me Elmos and sell those on eBay? Why always try to screw over fellow gamers?

no_to_co said:
Could you not just buy $700 worth of Tickle Me Elmos and sell those on eBay? Why always try to screw over fellow gamers?
There's a limit on how many you can purchase (2 per customer).

~Cris

Tarazet

SHIT, this is the store I was going to visit on launch day. I got a PSP from a little-known TRU the day after launch.

The people at my local store don't know anything about this yet. Though that could change with tomorrow if the new ad thing is true.

sonarrat said:
SHIT, this is the store I was going to visit on launch day. I got a PSP from a little-known TRU the day after launch.

My TRU is quite busy and in a metropolitan area and we only sold like 7 of 50 PSP's at launch.:lol

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
newsguy said:
err... that's a bad thing, a very bad thing. Kids will be lined up cause there's no school. When I did the GS/EB thing it was all adults.

Kids will not be lined up... Because parents with any sense will not allow kids to line outside stores and camp out. You meant the parents will be lined up.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
jetsetmario said:
My TRU is quite busy and in a metropolitan area and we only sold like 7 of 50 PSP's at launch.:lol

Launch day, I went to a popular EB and there were tons on PSP's. I picked one up right there...

Musashi Wins! said:
So, there will be shitloads and shitloads of wii's at launch...right?

Yea, you keep thinking that. Expect them to sell out in less than an hour. 30 Wii's and 8 PS3's per EB I was told.

d58e7

Musashi Wins! said:
So, there will be shitloads and shitloads of wii's at launch...right?
Nintendo has claimed there will be alot of consoles but they will probably sell out pretty quick on release but they will probably also replenish the supply pretty fast. Even if you miss the preorders you will probably manage to get one before christmas. Hopefully there's enough consoles out there to keep the ebay value at retail price :lol

Xdrive05

I'm having my girlfriend stand in line for me, as I have to work that day and they won't let employees do pre-orders this year.

One of the TRU associates on the cheapassgamer forums says there will only be 2-4 units per store. A little suspicious sounding.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
cartman414 said:
One of the TRU associates on the cheapassgamer forums says there will only be 2-4 units per store. A little suspicious sounding.

What DS units? Be more specific please! :D

Top Bottom