• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Rocked

Super Mario 64 on Virtual Console. Hope you can play it without the updated graphics. o_O

1.jpg

Mason

PantherLotus said:
You are making it damn near impossible to not click on that link. Can you describe non-specifically what it spoils? Is it a boss? Is it a location? Is it a protaganist character not yet revealed officially?

There aren't any spoilers. It's a Star Wars-esque painting collage looking thing of characters but nothing you don't already know about.

PantherLotus said:
You are making it damn near impossible to not click on that link. Can you describe non-specifically what it spoils? Is it a boss? Is it a location? Is it a protaganist character not yet revealed officially?

Well, there are two previous images we've seen (Midna over Link and Link over Epona), like showing the two different stages of Link (man / wolf), but in the background of the image, one on each side, you can see two characters... I recognized only one of them, I don't know who the other one is, and I'm not sure I want to know.

1.jpg

o_O
Is this real? Or... what?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mason said:
There aren't any spoilers. It's a Star Wars-esque painting collage looking thing of characters but nothing you don't already know about.

Thanks, and yeah--it's freaking beautiful. I want a much larger version to love on. Again: there are no spoilers on that link. It just shows the three main faces in the center, Link on a horse, wolf and rider, and then a couple of those enemies. Nothing we haven't all seen from the first official releases.

AND WTF AT SM64 PICTURE?! Get that fake shit out of here.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
PantherLotus said:
Thanks, and yeah--it's freaking beautiful. I want a much larger version to love on. Again: there are no spoilers on that link. It just shows the three main faces in the center, Link on a horse, wolf and rider, and then a couple of those enemies. Nothing we haven't all seen from the first official releases.

AND WTF AT SM64 PICTURE?! Get that fake shit out of here.

there's the whole manual too... makes it seem like lure fishing is limited to one fishing hole, hope that's not true.

Enkidu

The Super Mario 64 picture is from an emulator. There are several different texture packs you can download, this is one of them. Of course, it won't look like that when you play it on VC but that was never claimed either. All Rocked said was that it will be hard to play the original version after you have played it with upgraded textures.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Enkidu said:
The Super Mario 64 picture is from an emulator. There are several different texture packs you can download, this is one of them. Of course, it won't look like that when you play it on VC but that was never claimed either. All Rocked said was that it will be hard to play the original version after you have played it with upgraded textures.

No, he said exactly the opposite, while suggesting that it was from the VC.

GET THAT FAKE SHIT OUTTA THIS THREAD

PantherLotus said:

It depends, if you don't know
Zelda
is in the game, it IS a big spoiler :p

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
__Andrea__ said:
It depends, if you don't know
Zelda
is in the game, it IS a big spoiler :p

We're going to have to start calling it "Legend of
Zelda
: Twilight Princess" if that's the case.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Xdrive05 said:
Would anyone here be interested in the Wii offering alternate texture packs, content, etc., for VC games?

Oh hell yes. The possibilities are endless. I'm thinking of the way that Super Mario All-Stars cleaned up the textures and added some different things to the older games.

But how much? I can't imagine spending more than a couple bucks (after having already spent 5-10) for seriously old games.

PantherLotus said:
We're going to have to start calling it "Legend of
Zelda
: Twilight Princess" if that's the case.

Yeah, well... Oracle of Ages/Seasons DOESN'T have Zelda and still they are Legend of ZELDA games :p

And what about the other character? I have no idea who that is.

Varjet

__Andrea__ said:
Yeah, well... Oracle of Ages/Seasons DOESN'T have Zelda and still they are Legend of ZELDA games :p.

Zelda does appear in the Oracle games. :p
However, she is not in LA, and only in a flashback in MM.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Why does link look so damned retarded when he fishes in this game!?!??! In OOT he used 2 hands? So now he throws it out there and pulls the fish out (no reeling involved) but with just one hand? It's looks obsurrrd. That's my one complaint about the game and I won't have it until Sat night at midnight!?!?

vumpler said:
Why does link look so damned retarded when he fishes in this game!?!??! In OOT he used 2 hands? So now he throws it out there and pulls the fish out (no reeling involved) but with just one hand? It's looks obsurrrd. That's my one complaint about the game and I won't have it until Sat night at midnight!?!?

IIRC, that's from early in the game with what is effectively a "practice" rod. Later he will get a full rod & reel that requires both hands, so consider your one complaint moot...

cicero

PantherLotus said:
Given your repeated spoiler Zelda posts in this thread, why would you care?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Necro-Nesia

This is supposed to be a really scary game. Looks like they got the scary-LOOKING part right. ;) Seriously though. It could be fun? I love the reactions that this game gets. Oh well here goes:

This is actually pretty cool:
Necr-Nesia Wallpaper

scr_056.jpg

scr_057.jpg

scr_058.jpg

scr_059.jpg

scr_060.jpg

scr_061.jpg

scr_062.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Bit-Bit said:
I have no idea why. But I am now compell to at least rent Necro Nesia to see what exactly is it.

I'm with you, 100%! Seriously. Something about it reminds me of playing Friday the 13th on the NES, and not just the graphics. The image with him finding the bloody bat or whatever it is underneath that giant leaf makes me think--"hey, maybe there's something to this?"

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
silenttwn said:

Gotta love that drawing. :lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding. I'm willing to bet that Ubi has their interns working on this game.

Rule #1: Don't put ugly chicks on your promotional materials.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
God damn, somebody needs to fire the interns working on Necro-Nesia, that shit would be unacceptable on the N64.

Mason

scr_060.jpg

What in the freaking hell. What in the ****ing hell.

This looks like a character from a freeware game in 1997 or something.

Also, is it a sad statement about the Wii's library of games or a testament to the power of the innovative controller that I'm considering playing games I would never otherwise glance at (see: Open Season) simply because I think it will be fun with the Wii controller?

cicero

PantherLotus said:
edit:
Don't be stupid.
Stupid? uh huh. You are all apprehensive about Zelda spoilers until it is you posting them in your own thread. How...stupid of me to come to a completely rational, and reasonable, conclusion.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The Black Brad Pitt said:
I cant wait to see what developers can do graphically once they get used to the new hardwares!

look at the difference between open season and the other games that are obvious ports. and i doubt that ubi soft has put much muscle behind open season.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Wow at Open Season. If I had to guess I would have probably said the 3rd screen shot was from the 360, with all that 3d grass. Pokemon looks pretty damn good too.

Nintendo have better have started on the next Zelda, ground up for Wii.

Xristot

man, pokemon looks awesome. The fact that you can add clothing and accessories to your character should add a good amount of lifespan to this title. I'm sure some wii connect 24 updates will add some more over time.

Also, I think I'm gonna rent necro nesia just to laugh at how bad it is. Sometimes the worst games can be awesome...through their suckyness.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pokemon Battle Revolution

Haven't seen the whole set yet, so here goes. And no imageshack shots, eh? From the source, the small ones are apparently what will appear on the DS screen during play.

l_ki_pokemonbattle01.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle02.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle03.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle04.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle05.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle06.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle07.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle08.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle09.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle11.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle12.jpg

l_ki_pokemonbattle13.jpg