• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjRoomba

Banned
I don't understand the excitement around W101.

cmonson.jpg

MarkusRJR

Does NoA's stream work on the Wii U's browser? If so will it let me open a second tab to view GAF while watching the stream on the TV like YouTube?

Hopefully we see what Monster Games, NST, or Retro Studios are up to.

predictions

Pokemon X/Y Ports
Bayonetta Trilogy simultaneous release
Brawl Kerfuffle
Super Mario Universe
Donkey Kong: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You III: It's Kong Time
Advance Wars U
Earthbound 3D
Starfox x Metroid Prime

Monolith Soft RPG + Pokemon tie-in

well my expectations are never going to be met now, thanks a fucking lot

30 minutes remain until meltdowns. Final legit predictions.

- Wii Fit U stuff. Nobody cares, why is it taking up time in a Nintendo Direct when the target market isn't watching, and it will sell shitty anyway.
- Virtual Console somewhat detailed. The usual high prices and uninspired schedule. GamePad support for GCN games.
- The Wonderful 101 trailer, finally. No concrete date, like Pikmin 3.
- Wii U specific eShop title(s) from Nintendo's internal studios.
- A Nintendo published port.

Expectations are low, as always. I just want a The Wonderful 101 trailer. Anything interesting on top of that is a bonus. Open to surprises.

1358698446755.gif

:p

so seriously (and taking advantage of the baby sleeping again) a few predictions (no particulate order):
-Wii fit U of course
-wonderful 101 trailer and perhaps Bayonetta 2 trailer
-a date for pikmin
-apologies for technical issues (slow os, hardlocks...)
-yoshi's land??
-DLC for NSMBU

and Iwata staring at a watermelon

ASIS

Expecting nothing.

That way, disappointment will be avoided, and any pleasant surprises will become that much sweeter. It's a win-win.
That is not true, by hyping something you are putting yourself on the line (contextually speaking of course). So the disappointment may seem bigger but the rewards far better, not only are we getting the things we wanted and asked for, but we are also took a risk that paid off in the end. "pleasant surprises" can't compare to the taste of fulfilled prediction and anticipation.

In other words, HYYPE!!!

noffles

Banned
I don't want a Darksiders/Dark Souls/Skyrim game, I want a Zelda game. Not many people do.

'fraid you're not a Zelda fan then, my friend. Us real fans don't want a typical Zelda game, we want Zelda games that are actually a lot more like other games. Maybe you can call yourself a fan when you think a bit more like us, but for now I'm afraid you're just not a fan.

I'm sorry.

Javier

Suelta la bomba, Iwata!

Final Predictions:

- Yoshi's Land Wii U first trailer
- Dates for W101, Game & Wario, and Pikmin 3
- New game: Mario Kart U
- New game: Star Fox U
- First trailer for Bayo 2
- Wii U VC. Games bought on Wii can be upgraded at no cost.
- First Smash Bros. Teaser Trailer
- MEGATON: NINTENDO VS. CAPCOM

Brera

Banned
Nintendo don't know anything about their franchises!

Fan's begging for a new Yoshi game and a new Fzero and all they give us is Pikmin and Nintendoland!

If they announce WiiSportsU today, I'm gonna be pissed!

I'm up! I expect a few new game announcements and clarification about the virtual console. If I get those things I'll be satisfied, especially if Nintendo works some magic with the VC and lets us redownload the games that are tied to our Club Nintendo accounts.

like HELL, but here's hoping.

DaBoss

Fan's begging for a new Yoshi game and a new Fzero and all they give us is Pikmin and Nintendoland!

Yup, fans weren't begging for Pikmin.

Ocarina of time 2? Was that not Majora's Mask?

give me a WiiU: Metroid, Mother, Starfox, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong or Kirby title so I can start bragging to my friends about having a WiiU.

;/

Ah well..Rayman in a month I guess I should be happy...this is Nintendo after all.

I don't understand the excitement around W101.

Hideki Kamiya has one of the best track records in the industry, period.

Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, Okami, Bayonetta, it would be a bigger leap to assume his next game is bad than it would be to assume it will be great.

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny

I'll take a new Wii Sports, personally.

Sakurai tweeted something. What does it says!!???

23時からのニンテンドーダイレクト待機中…。

'fraid you're not a Zelda fan then, my friend. Us real fans don't want a typical Zelda game, we want Zelda games that are actually a lot more like other games. Maybe you can call yourself a fan when you think a bit more like us, but for now I'm afraid you're just not a fan.

I'm sorry.

):<

Suelta la bomba, Iwata!

Final Predictions:

- Yoshi's Land Wii U first trailer
- Dates for W101, Game & Wario, and Pikmin 3
- New game: Mario Kart U
- New game: Star Fox U
- First trailer for Bayo 2
- Wii U VC. Games bought on Wii can be upgraded at no cost.
- First Smash Bros. Teaser Trailer
- MEGATON: NINTENDO VS. CAPCOM

Fuck you. If this happens, I blame you. I blame you your whole life.
Since it won't happen, I will still blame you because Nintendo and Capcom didn't deliver this.
Blaming you will be my hobby from now on. I will always say "This all wouldn't have happened if Javier didn't hype me so much".
You lose. Good day, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom