• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop deal (Add $50 get $5 back, Add $100 get $10 back in credit)

georly

Just got mine. Was a $10 code.

Same, email

You are receiving this $10 digital code for the Nintendo eShop because you added $100 or more to your eShop account on your Wii U™ console during our special promotion (July 22-July 28, 2013).

Jachaos

Mine says
You are receiving this $5 digital code for the Nintendo eShop because you added between $50-$99.99 to your eShop account on your Wii U™ console during our special promotion (July 22-July 28, 2013).
I definitely added 100$. I have pictures of the receipt on my GamePad and I was charged that amount to my Credit Card. Should've known it wouldn't be simple.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have anything yet...! Should I worry...?

I'm in Canada, so I hope they just sent US first and my turn will come.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've just saw my credit card bill, it was 100 Canadian Dollars, which was 96.91 USD =/

Argh, so I guess I won't get anything since I spent exactly $50 canadian, so it was a little under 50 USD? Wow, great job Nintendo... :/

Subaru

Argh, so I guess I won't get anything since I spent exactly $50 canadian, so it was a little under 50 USD? Wow, great job Nintendo... :/

I know that Nintendo isn't being a great company and doesn't have great PR, but I think this must be just a mistake and they will fix it... =(

Jachaos

Alright, just wrote them. The exchange rate thing makes sense, but I'm pretty sure I was charged over 100$. Must be taxes. Still, I spent 100$ on the Canadian eShop, it's probably just their automated system that didn't take this into account.

DasDamen

Alright, just wrote them. The exchange rate thing makes sense, but I'm pretty sure I was charged over 100$. Must be taxes. Still, I spent 100$ on the Canadian eShop, it's probably just their automated system that didn't take this into account.

It makes no sense either way. It's not like the $5 that Nintendo just gave me is in USD when I added $100 CAD. Also, the promotional details never said USD.

There's a part of me that thinks Nintendo wants to rectify this, but we are talking about NOA. Oh well.

Jachaos

It makes no sense either way. It's not like the $5 that Nintendo just gave me is in USD when I added $100 CAD. Also, the promotional details never said USD.

There's a part of me that thinks Nintendo wants to rectify this, but we are talking about NOA. Oh well.

I know, I'm with you there, it makes no sense and the promotion didn't mention it, but I mean it makes sense that that would be the reason why their system thought we got less than 100$. It's an explanation that makes sense. Now it makes no sense if they don't try and rectify it.

DasDamen

I know, I'm with you there, it makes no sense and the promotion didn't mention it, but I mean it makes sense that that would be the reason why their system thought we got less than 100$. It's an explanation that makes sense. Now it makes no sense if they don't try and rectify it.

Too bad NOA not making sense makes perfect sense.

Looks like I've joined the "canadians not getting their proper credit" club. Sent off an email but really, we shouldn't have to do this.

Haines

Banned
Looks like I've joined the "canadians not getting their proper credit" club. Sent off an email but really, we shouldn't have to do this.

Yeah, It really sucks when a promotion doesnt work right. Always feels ugly. I hope Nintendo is swift fixing it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I'll wait until the end of the day to see if I don't receive anything, then I'll e-mail them tomorrow.

Got my $10 as well. Sorry to all those having to deal with the mishap of getting $5 instead of $10.

Looking forward to downloading Pikmin 3 at midnight on Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

iphys

I fired off an e-mail to Nintendo about only getting $5 for adding $100. I'm sure they'll fix it for us somehow, as I don't even think it would be legal for them to promise us the $10 for adding $100 without following through.

Madao

Nintendo sent an additional $5 code to make up for the missing cash in the first one. they even acknowledged they made a mistake in the email.

looks like they solved this quick. i got my $10.

i'm outside the US using canada eshop btw, so anyone with this same situation can get the fix too.

Penguin

Oh not sure if it matters

But money is usable in either eShop. Redeemed mine on the 3DS to get "Attack of the Friday Monsters"

Missed this because I didn't realize it was three days only. Oh well, I hadn't worked out how I was going to convince my fiance to let me put a hundred dollars in the eshop.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I have a couple eShop for Wii U question, does the Delux Promotion applies to all accounts on the system or just the first one?

If I buy content with Account#1 and Account#2 do they have different "pools" for the accumulated points of the Delux Promotion?

Top Bottom