• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop deal (Add $50 get $5 back, Add $100 get $10 back in credit)

zroid

Banned
Add 100$ , use the 10$ extra, call your bank and chargeback the 100$?
Win?

Lol seriously i guess its better than nothing but theres not much on there , certainly not enough to justfiy adding 100$ in funds for a measly 10 bucks of credit.

Smh

I'm sure it's worth it if you were actually planning on using the funds in the coming weeks or months. I'm buying all my games at retail though, and generally only get VC games on the eShop, many of which are just Wii upgrades -- so it's not really worth it for me. Although,,, if my $30 credit from SMT/FE had counted, I'd have probably dropped another 20 bones to get an extra 5. Alas.

Would it be dumb to add credit in preparation for Mario Kart 8? (April 2014)

I mean, some better deals might show up by then...

If you plan on buying more from the eShop in the future, adding credit never hurts as it never expires - it's money.

And if you plan on buying more in the future, then you can stuck future promotions on top of this credit. Otherwise, a retail promotion would work as normal and you'd still have this credit for things you had already lined up for later.

Having this promotion plus digital deluxe is totally swaying me to buy these games digitally. I might have to fork over some money to get an external HDD now.

That's not bad of a deal, I like that Nintendo is pushing their online stores quite well!
If only they had a unified account system that ensures you don't lose your purchases :(

Soooooooooooo I can add the $20 worth of DDP codes I have plus another $30, to get an additional $5?

Which I can then use to buy Splinter Cell: Blacklist and get an additional $5 in DDP codes back?

AzaK

Are Nintendo that desperate to raise cash? I guess Iwata needs to hit profitability this FY or he's outta there.

Isn't this basically the Digital Deluxe promotion? It's good to hear that they are advertising it more and hopefully making it available to non-deluxe buyers.

The Deluxe promotion is for buying games, and you get points that you can use for a code. This is for adding funds and you receive the respective code. Basically, you'd get double the rewards if you're a deluxe user.

Nintendo really needs to do more. If this was a start of bigger things to come, that'd be great. But it seems a little dinky to me. Last thing I bought for my Wii U was that Luigi DLC for NSMB. Before that? Not much. Pikmin coming out soon should will fix that. Still wish there was more that I was interested in that's been released.

AzaK

Nintendo really needs to do more. If this was a start of bigger things to come, that'd be great. But it seems a little dinky to me. Last thing I bought for my Wii U was that Luigi DLC for NSMB. Before that? Not much. Pikmin coming out soon should will fix that. Still wish there was more that I was interested in that's been released.

Yeah it's pretty sad. There are games but realistically most people don't buy most games that are released. So even though Nintendo are releasing a game a month for the next several months, there's nothing I'm getting until maybe WW HD (Maybe). The only definite will be Mario Kart next year.

Same goes with the eShop. 1-2 VC games a week is pretty pitiful. Not just because there's only 2 games, but because they are both VC. Nintendo needs to be releasing indie games regularly to so that the hit rate is high. I think my store went 4-5 weeks with nothing but VC games (which I'm not a great fan of to start with) and then we got Pinball of which I have no interest. Now I'm back to waiting again. There's just nothing for me that I really want on the system.

jzg293offj91v.PNG

"No worries"

Darmik

Buying Pikmin 3 on eShop grants you 30 percent off W101. Only in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRaunKQAN0Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=694s

Europe is doing the deal so of course NOA isn't doing the deal. NOA sucks.

I thought this was a good deal until I realized in the Australian eShop Pikim 3 and W101 will probably be $99 each. Would still be much cheaper to get them online unfortunately.

Game and Wario being $80AUD on the eShop is ridiculous. Hopefully they price these a bit better but I doubt it. They're much cheaper on OzGameShop.

Totally picking up $100 in eShop cash now. Hopefully we get some cross game promotions in the US as well in order to really take advantage of this.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Well, since this has been confirmed for the US, I am gonna go home and load up $100 on my eShop account as soon as I get off work. No reason not to since I already spend a good deal on digital games.

Its a bonus on top of the DDP program!

I'll get $10 for my $50 when its all said and done. :)

Was going to buy pikmin3 digitally anyways. sweet.

EDIT: Like get ZeldaWW this way too... definitely day one games I'll never want to resell. So might as well put up $100.

If Nintendo had their shit together and had a unified account system between the 3DS and Wii U then I'd bite. Between the two systems I'm sure I could find something to spend $100 on.

Dude,... get a Club Nintendo account. I get 3-4 free games a year from this. Granted all VC games, but awesome free VC games at that.

Yeah, the VC games for 3DS are nice. Hopefully they start giving VC codes for Wii U games soon. At least you can use the codes for Wii VC and upgrade for cheap later, though.

bumpkin

If Nintendo had their shit together and had a unified account system between the 3DS and Wii U then I'd bite. Between the two systems I'm sure I could find something to spend $100 on.
Same. There are VC games that have recently came out on the Wii U VC that I would buy in a heartbeat at the "upgrade" price if they merged the two shops (I already bought them for the 3DS VC).

sakipon

Wish they'd do this in Europe. The Pikmin/TW101 promotion does nothing for me as I never buy full retail games digitally.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
strongly debating getting Pikmin 3 with this.. I still have like $88 in there, plus this (if it comes today) would be $98. I have P3 ordered at Amazon for like $56, so I'd lose out on over $7 (eShop charges me tax), but I DO have this money just sitting in there... and have a feeling without a retail purchase it won't go down incredibly fast..

not sure what to do.

Kid Ying

When that promotion was on the japanese store, it took three days for them to mail the code for the money, so rest assured.

Top Bottom