• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Anyone try one of those third party "pro controller u " controllers yet?

I see they're out at stores but don't see reviews anywhere.

I liked the Castle Rock level, but if there are only a couple of levels like that I don't think I'm going to get Legends. Now if the whole game was like that I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anyone try one of those third party "pro controller u " controllers yet?

I see they're out at stores but don't see reviews anywhere.

Surely better to pony up the extra cash and get the genuine controller.

You buy items from a catalogue and burn them to earn money to buy more items. It's a bit of a sandbox game in the sense that you can play the game however you like, there's no time limit or specific requirements you have to meet other than burning every possible item. Burning certain item combinations reward you with postage stamps that you can use to speed up the delivery process when buying items and they function somewhat like achievements because the game tracks which item combinations you've burned. You can discover this combination by trial-and-error or deduce it from the 'achievement'-title, for example, the ice-coffee combo is triggered when you burn ice cubes and coffee. There are exactly 100 different combos.

Setting items on fire and watching them burn is somewhat addictive, even though it serves no other point than to be able to buy more items to set on fire. It's an example of procedural rhetoric, the game makes an argument about modern consumerism (and as I pointed out in an earlier post) with not so subtle jabs at
the app-store model
. It's a pretty short game and I completed it in one sitting, but I had a great time for the money I could've spent on watching a movie at the cinema.

I really wasn't a fan of the message of the game. Throughout my time playing, I was completely engrossed by the story. The sense that something wasn't quite right was apparent. But then the end didn't quite capitalize on those feelings it stirred within me.

It may have been my own expectations, but I wanted
a purely fictional story with no bearing on real life. I mean, when I first received that letter in which Sugar Plumps expressed a desire to more closer to the fire, my heart started pumping. I loved when Sugar Plumps told me that the face was watching me. I wanted a sinister plot carried out by the creators of the fireplace.

I cant find the post but isnt Little Inferno on sale for $10? If so for how long? I just got my WiiU but its not set up yet, hopefully doing it tonight or tomorrow.
I only recall it being on sale until around January 3rd. I'd look for the post for you, but I'm on mobile, so it's a little difficult. At that price, I'd say it's worth it. I felt no replay value after the story was over, though, even with several unfinished combos.

I finally got around to playing the Rayman Legends demo and wow, my mind was seriously blown! I have never played the series before so I wasn't too sure what to expect. I kept replaying all the levels with different characters and the Castle Rock level literally made my jaw drop! I am hoping for more levels like that in the full game. I will definitely get the game day one.

I was wondering though as I haven't tried it but can you play local multiplayer now in the Rayman Legends demo?
Yes! It's a lot of fun with local multiplayer. The GamePad user can also switch from Murphy to Rayman on the fly.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just fired up the Rayman Legends Demo

0__o

Wow. It looks super lush. Will probably have to get this when it comes out.

Just hooked up my new 50" boxing day LED Bravia. This prompted me to try the youtube app for the first time - I'm surprised how good it looked! This is easily the best youtube viewing experience I've had, they did a good job setting up the streaming configuration.

You're doing it wrong. When it comes to youtube, just use the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom