• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo's not getting RE6 (if I read ShockingAlberto's codespeak earlier in the thread right)

He can correct me, but I'm pretty sure that was just pessimistic speculation on his part. Personally, I find it incredibly hard to believe that Nintendo couldn't secure a timely port of RE6, considering how good their relationship is with Capcom these days, and I'd bet a modest sum that he's wrong on that particular point.

popeutlal

Yeah if Nintendo cannot get Capcom of all people to play nice with the Wii U the system would already be doomed
The doom part will come if COD port for Wii U has unsatisfactory controls due to no click sticks. Not getting a RE6 port is a minor problem compared to crappy COD controls.

AzaK

Be interesting to see what this all means.

Eh. I know they did something similar in europe (skytv, right?) but I can't see nintendo putting much focus on such things. It's nothing I'd personally get too excited about anyway. Is there anything really huge or groundbreaking they could do with content providers?

For me there is something interesting they could do - the (world's first?) region free content delivery service. There's so much stuff on US and UK TV that I would like to watch but of course I have to wait for the good old antiquated media model to deem us worthy of viewing it (Assuming nefarious means are out of the question).

I'm happy to pay for content coming from the US, just let me have it!

Nope. Outside of extraordinarily shitty ports like RE4, the PC version always looks best. Even if it's ported from the 360.

I was talking just about consoles there and it's a given that the PC version should look better with more expansive hw available, but RE4 is not an isolated case of bad Pc ports, the PC version of Mass Effect 3 does seem to look worse than the xbox360 version.

The Wii was a success, and it did "win" in terms of sales, marketshare, and mindshare with everyone outside the "hardcore" gamer (ugh such stupid terminology).

Then if the Wii was a succes and it won i don't get why all this people are crying so much if the Wii U will follow the same evolutionary route.

StevieP

Banned
The doom part will come if COD port for Wii U has unsatisfactory controls due to no click sticks. Not getting a RE6 port is a minor problem compared to crappy COD controls.

All the other consoles have crappy COD controls, the Wii U can too now.

I'm positive that Capcom could crap-out an excuse with no trouble whatsoever..

This. It would serve me no surprise if there was no RE6 on Wii U, and no GTA V either.

the PC version of Mass Effect 3 does seem to look worse than the xbox360 version.

The only way this is even possible is if they're playing ME3 PC on an Radeon HD2600 Pro.

I'm expecting a console that will reasonable in price and competitive for 3rd party games. Nothing similar to the current gen HD twins. I'll be disappointed if it's close to the PS360.

Not me, if it's truly next gen and similar to '720', i'll be happy cuz I'll be saving $3-400 dollars next gen. Give me the usual Ninty suspects and things like RE, Batman and COD in HD, on the same system and I'm going 1 console future.

THIS 100000000000 times,,,I'm sick of going between my Wiimote to my DualShock to X360 Joystick >.<*

What if there is no XBox 3, just a console centered around Kinect? Leave the 360 to the core gamers?

Personally, I'd laugh my ass off.

I think there is gonna be no Xbox 3 and you (not me you) can permaban bet on this, they are developing Halo 4 for the 360 and for sure do not want to have attention on anything else.

If it's the one about a publisher not being able to get the devs to work on a version, I read that as Crystal Dynamics or Take-Two, as we've had confirmation by CD and TT (or rather Levine ?) said they'd rather finish their current projects (whereas Capcom didn't really comment Wii U at all). RE6 not making it to Wii U would actually be a bit shocking to me, given how close Capcom and Nintendo seem to be these days.

Yup, I agree. I'd say that he was referring to Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite or GTA V but the latter has a fair bit of dev time to go before it's released and Nintendo would have certainly made sure they were one of the first Western developers to get their hands on a dev kit. And Take Two made a few quid from Chinatown Wars on the DS so it's not as if the GTA franchise is a complete stranger to Nintendo platforms.

And given Nintendo's relationship with Capcom lately combined with the fact that Capcom would port the game to a kitchen toaster if they could get away with it I'd say that Resident Evil 6 for the U is a no-brainer.

Man I just hope that Wii U's GPU turns out to be one of the higher-end RVxxx GPUs, for the sake of developers and gamers alike.

The 360 GPU was based off of an X1900 chipset (correct me if im wrong) and that has since seen BF3, Crysis 2 and Rage among other games. Why are people so skeptical about what can be done with a GPU base that is easily 2-3 generations superior?

Even if it was running off of a 4350 base which i think is actually shittier than the X1900, I can only assume it will see at the very minimum, graphical advancements made within the last 2 years.

I personally expect the worst case scenario would be something as subtle as something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWhKUoz8ww&feature=related (and by this i mean dx 9 - dx11)

He's certainly not the first to suggest it. I think there will be a new system, but I believe it will be far less powerful than many think.

Yes, and people also said that yesterday was a lock to release a redesigned 3DS. People say moronic things daily, doesn't mean we should give such comments any type of valid or serious response. All evidence, including rumors, suggest that Microsoft is indeed reading a new console. How powerful it is or isn't doesn't matter. They're doing it. It will be the third Xbox. To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

DarkChild

Banned
The 360 GPU was based off of an X1900 chipset (correct me if im wrong) and that has since seen BF3, Crysis 2 and Rage among other games. Why are people so skeptical about what can be done with a GPU base that is easily 2-3 generations superior?

Even if it was running off of a 4350 base which i think is actually shittier than the X1900, I can only assume it will see at the very minimum, graphical advancements made within the last 2 years.

I personally expect the worst case scenario would be something as subtle as something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWhKUoz8ww&feature=related (and by this i mean dx 9 - dx11)
You are partly wrong. Xenos had alot of similarities to R520, but the thing that was most important(unified shaders) was different.

You are partly wrong. Xenos had alot of similarities to R520, but the thing that was most important(unified shaders) was different.

makes my argument even more valid considering that was a weaker GPU :p I don't think there is a single RV700 chipset that performs worse than the R520 (the 710 is debatable i think)

Yes, and people also said that yesterday was a lock to release a redesigned 3DS. People say moronic things daily, doesn't mean we should give such comments any type of valid or serious response. All evidence, including rumors, suggest that Microsoft is indeed reading a new console. How powerful it is or isn't doesn't matter. They're doing it. It will be the third Xbox. To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

Dude please listen, i just went back from the future and there was not Xbox3 at E3, this is more evidence for you right here.

They are developing the NEXT ATI generation of GPU for the next xbox, just like they did with the R600 for the xbox360 ATI is getting good money from MS for this, so be patient and you will not be disappointed, unless you are expecting to see the xbox3 at E3.

Dude please listen, i just went back from the future and there was not Xbox3 at E3, this is more evidence for you right here.

They are developing the NEXT ATI generation of GPU for the next xbox, just like they did with the R600 for the xbox360 ATI is getting good money from MS for this, so be patient and you will not be disappointed, unless you are expecting to see the xbox3 at E3.

You mean AMD, Ati brand is dead.

Roo

Nintendo better drop some bombs at GDC
today's ND were totally underwhelming to me.
Not expecting huge announcements but something consistent about
the console would be nice.

EDarkness

I just find it funny that they announced the Wii U last year and we know pretty much the same thing then as we do now. They've released virtually no new information in all that time. I really wonder what the point of announcing it last year was. Hell, they're not even letting third parties talk about it. It's crazy.

I just find it funny that they announced the Wii U last year and we know pretty much the same thing then as we do now. They've released virtually no new information in all that time. I really wonder what the point of announcing it last year was. Hell, they're not even letting third parties talk about it. It's crazy.

I think E3 was more for developers than it was for fans.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.

Welcome to a new Nintendo hardware release, they always do this.

The rumors/leaks probably forced their hand in revealing as much as they did.
Being a public company, Nintendo also has a responsibility to report certain things for its investors so that they can make investment decisions.
Regardless, we likely would have seen it at TGS anyway.

Since the conference we've learnt a few things, though. NFC, account-based on-line, NiN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom