• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
There.

lriog.jpg

I'm guaranteeing this right now.

Killer Freaks from Outer Space will be visually amazing. The concept art was very intriguing, and if they can match the graphics with the concept art, it will be a great game. Again, A LOT of things can be improved in one full year (between E3 2011 and E3 2012)...and it can be even more improved between E3 2012 and Wii U's launch. What we saw of Killer Freaks last year was a rough beta, and the game shouldn't be judged by a rough beta.

Although Red Steel 1 sucked...believe it or not...the game at launch was better and improved over the version displayed at E3.

Also, Ubisoft got a lot of feedback from Nintendo and Retro on Red Steel's motion controls, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for Nintendo's feedback on Killer Freaks.

If Killer Freaks can go from this beta:

killer_freaks_screenshot_720_wip_002_slash_freaks_1200.jpg

to something closer to this:

killer_freaks_feature-600x300.jpg

That would be pretty sweet.

It wasn't Beta footage, it was Alpha at best. I'd even go as far as to say possibly Pre-Alpha myself, the cars were obvious placeholders imo. And you're quite correct about the eye candy quality too, the LyN Engine is a nice piece of kit. It's the game I'm looking forward to the most. :eek:D

As for what I want to see, I'd sell my soul to Santa for a new Metroid FPA from Retro. Using the U controller as a visor is going to be full of Instant Win with oodles of Awesome Sauce!!!

Fou-Lu

So what do I have to do to get my face on the hype train?

Say something like: A special edition Wii U signed by Miyamoto and with a wig shaped like Iwata's hair will be personally delivered by Reggie to those who attend GDC?

Edit: To get the Wii U you must find one of the golden triforces hidden around the show floor of course.

Too far?... Too far.

Sadly, paint fails for this (I've tried).

nintendohypetrain.jpeg

I was beaten to this badly, but I wanted to include this because I like you better with your weapon wielded. ;P

Also, I'm haunting in the shadows
between the two cars

edit: later on, when the add-ons are less frequent, I will haunt the official image similarly!

Let's go with mine, though. I don't want a dozen version of it.

I concede.

But I still prefer that version that included the reggie "what's wrong with you?" hands in front of the train. Anybody got that one?

Also, do you have an xcf or similar format file that others can work with?

HylianTom

Banned
No photoshop skills.. so I resorted to using Photobucket's editing tool and Paint. :)

HypeTrainJake.jpg

(if anyone can do it better, go for it.. I'd love to see him opacified and watching the train from up in the heavens.. I can't get it to work.) :(

JakeColorYawnAvatar2-1-1.png

edit: he has a great surprised face, watching the train crash into the sun. I love it!

Fou-Lu

I fashioned my ticket out of my previous GDC/E3 broken dreams using the power of optimism aka insanity.

Be careful, it's wet with tears.

Mistle

I have all the original, uncompressed files for that image. So if people want, PM me which face you want in there and I'll put them all together! It'll be more orderly than passing the image on, and everybody can ride the gaf train safely.

I meant everyone, like the previous Reggie thing, haha.

And the Miss A Jia thing, here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8TeeJvcBdLA#t=139s
Watch Jia closely at 2:24. /scarred

Well I didn't change it then!
Hmm, well..I'm not sure. I'm not going to say anything because, well it hasn't been apparent in any other video/picture ever.
As people have said, its possibly lighting or even the pants themselves.
but this isn't the place to discuss this.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh God, Mistle, you'd be a life saver because tonight, I just can't concentrate anymore with the Steam Box rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom