• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hockey would be sick if you could change the players on your lines on the fly with the controller rather than having to pause the game, go through a series of menus and so on.

Bullza2o

WE'VE ALMOST REACHED WIDESCREEN WALLPAPER SIZES!
Awesome! :D

Rösti;35689164 said:
Nintendo won't have a keynote this year nor is a press conference scheduled (at least nothing has appeared on Nintendo of America's press portal yet). They have two booths (one in the North Hall, one in the Career Pavillion) and two staff members are attending sessions:

Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land
Game Design
Koichi Hayashida (Nintendo)

Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI?
AI Summit
Speakers: David "Rez" Graham (Electronic Arts (Sims Division)), Daniel Kline (Maxis), Chris Jurney (Double Fine Productions), Kevin Dill (Lockheed Martin Global Training & Logistics) and Steve Rabin (Nintendo of America)

The actual expo starts 10:00am PST on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.gdconf.com/attend/hourslocation.html
Oh thanks for the info! I was hoping to watch some live streamed events, but I have finals soon so it's probably best that I can't watch.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
mEngk.jpg

hha, thanks. i like that my av is looking at the deathxstar.

"that's no moon"

Gaborn

I too am INTENSELY hyped for E3. I'm amazingly curious how the games are going to look and more importantly just how huge of a difference the UPad will make

Gisk

Banned
This is now Hype OT| Panic 2012 General

ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

How's everyone dealing with the stress of waiting?

TriGen

See, this thread is what the Debbie downers miss and shit on after events or months afterward. Its the journey there that is so fun and exciting. When anything is possible and just days away!

Anyway, I pre ordered my ticket online months ago. Who do I need to see to redeem it?

I agree, a lot of people think your setting yourself up for dissapointment with this stuff but if you look at it as good fun it can actually be better then real news.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've calculated at present hype levels, GAF will crash in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds.

We will never reach E3, and Wii U will forever remain a mystery.

Nibel

This is the latest version.

I'm pretty much done, too much Photoshop for my brain :lol
I will continue tomorrow if there are any crazy bastards who want do DIE. MAYBE we will reach the legendary Apple asteroid fields..

Sorry to derail the Hype Train for a moment but I'm currently thinking about the U's eDRAM and RAM.

Firstly the eDRAM. IBM confirmed that the CPU would have eDRAM and as far as I remember lherre has also stated that the GPU will also have eDRAM to play with. Do you think we're looking at a shared pool of eDRAM or two sets of eDRAM, one for the CPU and one for the GPU..? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the former option involve some sort of latency or involve conflicts when processing..? And has the GPU actually been confirmed for definite to have eDRAM rather than 1T-SRAM..?

And lastly the RAM. Several sources have stated that the RAM is 'slow'. So could we be looking at GDDR3 with a high clockspeed and larger bus rather than GDDR5 with a lower clockspeed and smaller bus..? And if it is GDDR3 then hasn't the density recently been doubled, or am I remembering things wrongly..? If the density has been doubled then does that mean that more than 2GB of RAM is feasible..?

And if Nintendo have gone for slower GDDR3 will the eDRAM in both the CPU and GPU prevent bottlenecking..?

Apologies in advance for a shedload of questions!

Sorry to derail the Hype Train for a moment but I'm currently thinking about the U's eDRAM and RAM.

Firstly the eDRAM. IBM confirmed that the CPU would have eDRAM and as far as I remember lherre has also stated that the GPU will also have eDRAM to play with. Do you think we're looking at a shared pool of eDRAM or two sets of eDRAM, one for the CPU and one for the GPU..? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the former option involve some sort of latency or involve conflicts when processing..? And has the GPU actually been confirmed for definite to have eDRAM rather than 1T-SRAM..?

And lastly the RAM. Several sources have stated that the RAM is 'slow'. So could we be looking at GDDR3 with a high clockspeed and larger bus rather than GDDR5 with a lower clockspeed and smaller bus..? And if it is GDDR3 then hasn't the density recently been doubled, or am I remembering things wrongly..? If the density has been doubled then does that mean that more than 2GB of RAM is feasible..?

And if Nintendo have gone for slower GDDR3 will the eDRAM in both the CPU and GPU prevent bottlenecking..?

Apologies in advance for a shedload of questions!

It would definitely be two pools.
Intel has stated that he CPU has its own "large" pool of eDRAM, and if the GPU has some, then it'll be separate.
And yes, a larger set of eDRAM will help with any bottleneck issues.

Bullza2o

If the GDC Hype Train is this long after only a couple of days making it, I wonder how long the E3 one will be.

Are there really no other events left between GDC and E3, except for a potential Nintendo Direct in April?

luffeN

Nice work Nibel! For the next carts I guess you need to go down a row as to not make it too wide xD Someone can think of a fancy connection between row one and two.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
If the GDC Hype Train is this long after only a couple of days making it, I wonder how long the E3 one will be.

Are there really no other events left between GDC and E3, except for a potential Nintendo Direct in April?
There are some events Nintendo will be attending before E3. I wrote about the events in an earlier post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35274564&postcount=8451

Most likely of these to bring new information about Wii U is PAX East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom