• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

That sounds awesome. Just tap the map to set a waypoint and go.

NeoRausch

Could Batman Arkman City become the rumored
Arkman World
?
But it does't make any sense... How can a city be a world?

batman world, ok, i can let that one fly, but arkham world....that's like denver world, minisota world or even disney......

ach...fuck it, i'm out!

Izick

None of this is real, but wouldn't it make more sense to call the next Batman game Gotham City?

I mean, that seems like the natural progression from Arkham City. Plus, it would lend to them changing the game enough so it didn't feel like sequel fatigue, while also keep some core elements like the hand to hand combat intact.

None of this is real, but wouldn't it make more sense to call the next Batman game Gotham City?

I mean, that seems like the natural progression from Arkham City. Plus, it would lend to them changing the game enough so it didn't feel like sequel fatigue, while also keep some core elements like the hand to hand combat intact.

Nah, it should be based on JL Doom.
You play as Batman and have to take down super heroes around the world.

royalan

Galaxy...not shocking? What do you want, Mario to stop being a platformer and start being a Star Wars dance game? :p

LOL - I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just...well, we always know we're getting a new Mario game. And we know it's going to be great.

I can't wait until Nintendo gives us another outta-left-field, "what the fuck am I looking at but I must BUY IT!" moment with something completely new.

That, and I'm one of those weird fucks who preferred Mario Sunshine XD

DCKing

"...you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date."
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/05/first-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-trailer/
mybodyisready.jpg

fernoca

:O!

Ee05X.gif

:p

Well if they've the first screens on 23rd March then Nintendo will surely be showing stuff off before that as Magazines aren't the best medium to show off first screens.....

Anyway looking over the specs on wiki of Wii vs 360 vs ps3.
If Nintendo deliver Mario Galaxy on something so underpowered, then I fear what they will deliver on WiiU.
I have faith based Tokyo EAD gods.

NeoRausch

Maybe we can take small steps?

arkham country
arkham land
arkham....arkham.
arkham world
arkham universe
arkham time
arkham infinity
arkham brotherhood
arkham at war
arkham 3D Land
arkham of the tentacle
arkham modern batfare
arkham wal mart
arkham eXtreme
arkham pro skater
arkham bases (that belong to somebody else)
arkham hülsbeck
arkham jim II

I NEED TO SLEEP! YADDA!

We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

Fuck me.

Everything else is good, though.

fernoca

Fuck me.

Everything else is good, though.
It is just "some puzzles", probably the "Subject 16-like" puzzles and heck, some of those would've played better with a "Wii U like controller"; since some required you to: scan over an image to find something (can be done with the Wii U by moving the controller around the screen), rotate a sphere to look for numbers (i.e. rotate it with the touschreen); mix and match numbers (again touch screen)..and some more.

Guess we'll know by next week...if that magazine brings some actual details..

Nice, they also mention this:

I'm pretty sure they "know" this in the same sense that IGN "knew" there would be more than two third-party characters in SSBB.

They're an unofficial Nintendo magazine. The odds that they're getting the world's first look at a proper game running on Wii U hardware are not high in my book.

StevieP

Banned
LOL - I didn't mean it in a bad way. Just...well, we always know we're getting a new Mario game. And we know it's going to be great.

I can't wait until Nintendo gives us another outta-left-field, "what the fuck am I looking at but I must BUY IT!" moment with something completely new.

They did plenty of that this past gen, too. Sometimes it was for us, sometimes it wasn't.

Well if they've the first screens on 23rd March then Nintendo will surely be showing stuff off before that as Magazines aren't the best medium to show off first screens.....

Anyway looking over the specs on wiki of Wii vs 360 vs ps3.
If Nintendo deliver Mario Galaxy on something so underpowered, then I fear what they will deliver on WiiU.
I have faith based Tokyo EAD gods.
Why are you afraid of that? I'm positively giddy at the thought of it.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
So EA opens a new studio yum yum yum... !

The Studio was formed on the initiative of Patrick Söderlund, EVP of EA’s Games Label, who appointed former DICE Executive Producer Marcus Nilsson to build and run the studio. Marcus has led development on a number of AAA games including Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 3 and most recently Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed. The Studio will focus on developing a new generation of games, and the engine of choice is Frostbite 2.
(source: official website)

A special battlefield for the Wii U ? om nom nom nom !

HylianTom

Banned
Scribblemauts?

If true.. so.. happy..

The creator was asked about a Wii version back in 2009, and said that it was something he would consider.. and now we're looking at this?

The pad would be perfect for scribbling! Heeeeee!

Anth0ny

"...you’ll want to check out issue 74 of Nintendo Gamer magazine, which has an exclusive first-look at Assassin’s Creed III Wii U. We’re the only Nintendo magazine in the world to see the game, so you won’t be able to read about it anywhere else. The magazine is on sale 23 March but we’ll have a reminder nearer the time so don’t worry about whipping out your diary to mark that date."
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/03/05/first-assassins-creed-3-wii-u-trailer/

New news? NEW NEWS?!?

rjOMK.gif

2012..... Maybe.
I'll be dead by 2112

And yes I fear other revs will be shamed.
They got Mario Galaxy out of a box powered by finders.
Mario Galaxy 3 will destroy mankind. . . .

As much as I loved Galaxy 1 and 2, please. Something new.
No more New SMB, as well.
New experiences. New ideas. New gameplay.
Like with 3D Land.

Sadist

From the same article:

We do know that Ken Levine of BioShock fame has got something planned for the new machine (BioShock Infinite looks most likely, which suits us just fine, as you can see from our Bioshock Infinite Wii U feature here) as has Warren Spector, of Junction Point and Disney Interactive. With a third-party line-up like this already and the machine still waiting for its first finalised design debut, the future is looking very bright indeed. Bring on E3 2012!

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/02/20/22-wii-u-games-in-development/4/

I'm calling bullshit. Levine kind of said they have nothing in the works yet. Junction Point seems plausible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom