• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullza2o

It won't really be random. They'll never let you video chat with people that aren't on your friends list.
Oh right. So it will be a better version of the XBL/PSN party concept. Pretty interesting stuff. I doubt Skype will be in it though because it's a MS company.

KrawlMan

As much as I like the concept of video chatting while gaming, I really don't want to see random people's faces, especially when they rage and stuff.

Not to mention people wont be holding the Wii U controller in the same angle as the 3DS. You would for the most part just see up people's nostrils. Rage nostrils.

HylianTom

Banned
Odd question.. I've googled and found nothing.

Do we know the time, date, and venue of Nintendo's E3 Presentation?

I have some paperwork to file at work tomorrow..

Odd question.. I've googled and found nothing.

Do we know the time, date, and venue of Nintendo's E3 Presentation?

I have some paperwork to file at work tomorrow..

It's June 5th, likely in the Kodak Theater again.
Don't think we know the EXACT time, but it's probably like 12PM PST.

HylianTom

Banned
I suspected as much, but wanted to check with NintendoGAF. If anyone would have their calendars marked, it'd be you guys.

But it seems kinda odd that we don't know. We're relatively close, aren't we?

The floor doesn't open until Wednesday? Here I thought the waiting was over. :(

Kind of strange that we don't know what's going to be shown if there aren't any announcements to be made. Doesn't Nintendo usually announce what's going to be shown ahead of time in these cases? Like Comic-Con, for instance.

You know what Nintendo gotta do with the Wii U? Finally make a fucking console Pokemon game. I've never really gotten into the franchise, but they could definitely take advantage of the touch-screen controller. Like, the TV screen can display the game from a behind the back perspective, and the controller can show it from a top-down point of view, that way everybody is happy. They could even make it function as a map or Poke-Dex or something too. I dunno.

The floor doesn't open until Wednesday? Here I thought the waiting was over. :(

Kind of strange that we don't know what's going to be shown if there aren't any announcements to be made. Doesn't Nintendo usually announce what's going to be shown ahead of time in these cases? Like Comic-Con, for instance.

Here's my guess:

Kid Icarus Demo
Mario Tennis Open Demo
Zelda U Demo
Chase Mii
Battle Mii
Luigi's Mansion/Animal Crossing/Paper Mario video/demo

You know what Nintendo gotta do with the Wii U? Finally make a fucking console Pokemon game. I've never really gotten into the franchise, but they could definitely take advantage of the touch-screen controller. Like, the TV screen can display the game from a behind the back perspective, and the controller can show it from a top-down point of view, that way everybody is happy. They could even make it function as a map or Poke-Dex or something too. I dunno.

GameFreak barely wants to move past sprites.
No way will we see a mainline Pokemon console game.
Maybe another Battle game with an RPG side story or something.

If Nintendo announced a 3DS Zelda that doesn't have a forced touch screen gimmick ala the DS games and features a nice set of graphics I might have to run out and grab a 3DS.

GameFreak is a puzzling company to me.

Game Freak makes millions of dollars doing what they do. It's not that puzzling.

I doubt we'll see much in the way of a new Zelda here or at E3, we'll likely see something by next E3 or perhaps beyond.

For the Wii U? I can imagine we'll get a tease this year, with a trailer 2013 and a release for holiday 2014 (or at least, I can imagine that's what they're planning).

For 3DS? I would say an announcement isn't too far off.

If Nintendo announced a 3DS Zelda that doesn't have a forced touch screen gimmick ala the DS games and features a nice set of graphics I might have to run out and grab a 3DS.

IIRC, they said they were learning from console Zeldas for the new title.

Game Freak makes millions of dollars doing what they do. It's not that puzzling.
not referring to their success, I'm not a retard.

I'm just referring to their creativity, lack of it, or lack of interest in doing so. I've never seen a company so content with releasing the absolute possible smallest increment every time, sometimes going backwards.

I mean this from a developer standpoint. I understand the need to retain the accessibility of the series, but it's just odd. Do they not wish to do more? Or are they simply content to pump out what they've been pumping out.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it. But it's just weird. I wonder if they're being limited from the powers above, or if they are truly fine with what they are doing, or if maybe they do want to do a little more, but aren't being allowed.

not referring to their success, I'm not a retard.

I'm just referring to their creativity, lack of it, or lack of interest in doing so. I've never seen a company so content with releasing the absolute possible smallest increment every time.

Although you could hardly call Gen 5 the smallest possible increment in the franchises history, given that they are so successful what incentive is there for them to 'improve'?

I mean this from a developer standpoint. I understand the need to retain the accessibility of the series, but it's just odd. Do they not wish to do more? Or are they simply content to pump out what they've been pumping out.

More? Like the Dreamworld, Entralink, introducing 3D cutscenes for the first time, the C-gear, video chat, new battle types, new battle-camera system, the series' first numbered sequel, new type combinations, more complex plot. Not a terrible start.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it. But it's just weird. I wonder if they're being limited from the powers above, or if they are truly fine with what they are doing, or if maybe they do want to do a little more, but aren't being allowed.

A lot of those changes seem to have been pushed by Masuda, the director.

Although you could hardly call Gen 5 the smallest possible increment in the franchises history, given that they are so successful what incentive is there for them to 'improve'?
once again, I'm not talking about it from a business standpoint, just from the standpoint of them being developers/artists/whatever. Developers generally want to push boundaries, evolve, breathe new life, try new things, whatever you want to call it with their games after a while. All really popular series do it every bunch of games.

But the pokemon series hasn't done it. They've done some new things but nothing I think that fits into the category above, and they've released a lot of games. Not saying it's bad either way since I'm still enjoying it, just wondering out loud whether they are satisfied as developers to do this, or if they have pressures from above to do it.

once again, I'm not talking about it from a business standpoint, just from the standpoint of them being developers/artists/whatever. Developers generally want to push boundaries, evolve, breathe new life, try new things, whatever you want to call it with their games after a while. All really popular series do it every bunch of games.

But the pokemon series hasn't done it. They've done some new things but nothing I think that fits into the category above, and they've released a lot of games. Not saying it's bad either way since I'm still enjoying it, just wondering out loud whether they are satisfied as developers to do this, or if they have pressures from above to do it.

Try new things?
Like the Dreamworld, Entralink, introducing 3D cutscenes for the first time, the C-gear, video chat, new battle types, new battle-camera system, the series' first numbered sequel, new type combinations, the most amount of new Pokemon since the first gen, more complex plot. Not a terrible start.

Try new things?
ehhh like I said they've done some things, but I feel the core things about the game have never drastically changed. They seem to not want to touch the game as a whole.

I'm not saying they need to turn it into an FPS, but it would be nice if Nintendo gave the greenlight to take the series to the next level. And lets not act like adding cgear or new types or new camera system is taking things to THE NEXT LEVEL.

I think the WiiU is a perfect opportunity because of the controller. Keep the handheld versions pumping out with the same pace and the same increments and whatever, but try something new with the console. Maybe they're afraid of it failing, but my theory is they just don't want to spend the time, because it's easier not to.

I can totally see this at E3, whatever it is.
I mean, it's been two years since DKCR.

I want something like the Gamecube sizzle reel, but more awesome. lol

ehhh like I said they've done some things, but I feel the core things about the game have never drastically changed. They seem to not want to touch the game as a whole.

I'm not saying they need to turn it into an FPS, but it would be nice if Nintendo gave the greenlight to take the series to the next level. And lets not act like adding cgear or new types or new camera system is taking things to THE NEXT LEVEL.

Like Zelda, I think Pokemon is a franchise that everybody thinks they can fix by making it MOAR AWSUM and/or changing the core of the game.

Like Zelda, I think Pokemon is a franchise that everybody thinks they can fix by making it MOAR AWSUM and/or changing the core of the game.
but zelda can be made or awesome? And I'm not saying the series needs fixing. But lets not sit here and deny that Zelda can be more awesome, and Pokemon can be more awesome.

Aunoma genuinely sounds like he is interested in taking Zelda to a new level. I don't see that from the pokemon devs.

None of this is real, but wouldn't it make more sense to call the next Batman game Gotham City?

I mean, that seems like the natural progression from Arkham City. Plus, it would lend to them changing the game enough so it didn't feel like sequel fatigue, while also keep some core elements like the hand to hand combat intact.

I was thinking about this after completing Arkham City the other night, great game.

Gotham City would be the full city with the Batwing and Batmobile to get around :).

Aren't Rocksteady making a TMNT game before that tho ... ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom