• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lednerg

Rösti;35825598 said:
... Now, what this had to do with Wii U and Nintendo I've been wondering, but I saw the opposition letter and in it the domain u-do.com is listed as in operation by Information Technology Junction. U Local Limited, which is a separate company, is listed under contact. ...

Watch, U-do ends up being the title of the next WiiSports-esque mega hit.

mclem

History of 3D games pictures

6962915193_b4537e0678_m.jpg
6816794590_a82314801a_m.jpg

If there's no I, Robot cab there, they have failed in their job.

guek

Banned
So, there is any new rumor about unreal engine 4 on Wii U or just that French report?

I feel like if that rumor were true, there'd be more positive word of mouth. But then again, whatshisface said on monday that the wii u was getting some hot stuff and not everyone at GDC would automatically be privy to a closed door showing, in which case the dissonance would make sense. Rich from IGN seemed pretty positive about what he saw on monday too. *shrugs*

If Unreal4 was running on Wii U, then wouldn't that solve all of our problems pretty much? Was it said if it was running on the PS360? If Wii U has it and not the PS360, then next-gen confirmed really. The fact that the Wii U would run an engine that is too powerful for the HD twins would tell us everything.

Maybe.

StevieP

Banned
If Unreal4 was running on Wii U, then wouldn't that solve all of our problems pretty much? Was it said if it was running on the PS360? If Wii U has it and not the PS360, then next-gen confirmed really. The fact that the Wii U would run an engine that is too powerful for the HD twins would tell us everything.

Maybe.

UE4 will be scalable.

Luigison

Quiz on sceen: According to Mr. Miyamoto, who needsw to know hardware specs and limitations?

A) Director, B) Programmer C) Entire Staff D) Mario

The answer is Neogaf, Mr. Miyamoto

answer was C apparently

Two possible interpretations:
1) Specs are so awesome you should tell everyone.
2) Specs are so limiting everyone has to know how to design for them.

3) I'm over thinking this...

guek

Banned
Quiz on sceen: According to Mr. Miyamoto, who needsw to know hardware specs and limitations?

you're over thinking it, he's referring to 3DS development

He was talking about the 3DS either way.

guek

Banned
Made some small changes to Nibel's version, just changed BY2K's face a bit, fixed a few small things that annoyed me, added GDC 2012 to the list of things we were hyped for that didn't (presumably) deliver and left out the faces in the sky.

I also tried to get Thunder Monkey and Pyromaniac into the picture, but it seemed a bit too bloated.

1327738092124.gif

fantastic

Made some small changes to Nibel's version, just changed BY2K's face a bit, fixed a few small things that annoyed me, added GDC 2012 to the list of things we were hyped for that didn't (presumably) deliver and left out the faces in the sky.

I also tried to get Thunder Monkey and Pyromaniac into the picture, but it seemed a bit too bloated.

Awesome! Dont think charmander would make sense on there lol

guek

Banned
I wouldnt expect announcements at GDC, unless Iwata is there.

True, but there are a lot of titillating things that could be said without making proper game announcements. This really is a game developer's conference though, so the whims of the consumer aren't really at the forefront for good reason.

AzaK

True, but there are a lot of titillating things that could be said without making proper game announcements. This really is a game developer's conference though, so the whims of the consumer aren't really at the forefront for good reason.

Yeah it's pretty shitty how things are just so dead regarding Wii U info. I mean it seems like 3rd parties can't say a damned thing about it.

Umm did I miss this? We have Wii U UE3 (THREE NOT FOUR) footage? (34s in)

http://kotaku.com/5891433/this-is-why-everybody-and-their-brother-uses-unreal-engine-3

AzaK

It would seem weird that Epic could make a video about UE3 on Wii U and not show Wii U footage when the pop the console name up there. I would have thought Nintendo would castrate them for that.

Instro

Yeah I would think its more like "these are the platforms and games using this engine" sort of thing. I doubt that is footage from the Wii U build of Aliens, doesn't make sense for anyone other than the developer to show actual Wii U stuff.

I'm also doubtful that it's the Wii U version, but at the same time the footage they're showing looks really good. I'm totally ok if the final build looks just like that.

So, uh, would someone be kind enough to give me a small recap of what went down for the past two days?

Been really busy n' stuff.

Nintendo is licensing some middleware engines that cost several thousand dollars together to any developer that's developing (or will develop) a Wii U project. This is an unprecedented move, I believe.

That's the biggest news we've gotten.

guek

Banned
I seriously don't understand why Mike Capps would hype up UE4 if they can't show it yet. Nothing but the most desperate theories come to mind (the UE4 demo shown exclusively on Wii U or other next gen hardware that cannot be openly discussed). What's the point in teasing people who wont get to see it for another 3 months or so?

guek

Banned
Here's a longshot connection (and one that I wouldn't really care about anyway since I'm not a fan of elderscrolls)

does anyone know if this twitter page has any direct association with Bethesda? The only reason I ask is because it seems odd that they'd tweet about nintendo and the wii u specifically.

jmoe316

Here's a longshot connection (and one that I wouldn't really care about anyway since I'm not a fan of elderscrolls)

does anyone know if this twitter page has any direct association with Bethesda? The only reason I ask is because it seems odd that they'd tweet about nintendo and the wii u specifically.

I am guessing not otherwise the description would say something like "official news source of all things Skyrim" or something to state it is official and not a fan account, which is what it appears to be.

hatchx

Banned
Nintendo is licensing some middleware engines that cost several thousand dollars together to any developer that's developing (or will develop) a Wii U project. This is an unprecedented move, I believe.

I'm not in the development game, but isn't this a pretty bold move in attracting third parties?

goomba

Banned

I wonder if theres any clause saying they cant use the tools to develop for sony/ms consoles...

I'm not in the development game, but isn't this a pretty bold move in attracting third parties?

The smaller ones, Yeah. All the big guys probably have years long contracts with those middleware partners already. This may lead to better support for downloadable stuff down the line because it will be easier to convince publishers they can do a Wii U version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom