• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

I could imagine a sanity effect where the uPad appears to be broken, and people would be upset at the idea of spending $75 on a replacement.

File under "hysterical."
That one would be nice and similar with the first game (i.e. deleting your memory card).

But it's definitely a game that one can't even read previews or see pics/videos. In the first one, most of the effects were spoiled in videos, reviews, previews, etc. So "yay my memory card was deleted :D", instead "of WTF? My memory card ?!! :O" was my reaction back then.

HylianTom

Banned
That one would be nice and similar with the first game (i.e. deleting your memory card).

But it's definitely a game that one can't even read previews or see pics/videos. In the first one, most of the effects were spoiled in videos, reviews, previews, etc. So "yay my memory card was deleted :D", instead "of WTF? My memory card ?!! :O" was my reaction back then.

I think that's why I liked the first one ("the first one" - listen to me!) so much - I went into it pretty much blind, off of the recommendation of a friend. In fact, he explicitly told me the bare minimum of what was needed to convince me to buy the game, just so that the surprise would not be ruined.

And thankfully, talent attracts talent, so when they go to replace members, the replacements are usually pretty strong. It's like that in many industries.

And even with their first game, they became a household name and a "hot" name in gaming so yeah, I doubt they'll have any trouble at all recruiting/hiring those to join them if they want/need that.

Metroid might not be Nintendo's biggest property but that alone could have made it one of its most important.

I could imagine a sanity effect where the uPad appears to be broken, and people would be upset at the idea of spending $75 on a replacement.

File under "hysterical."

Building on this I could see something where you have a normal task that you have to screen to do, but the touch capability is disabled when you try to use it.

Also the motion gets reversed at certain times.

fernoca

Or with the camera, that the game randomly records clips of one playing the game..then a few days later at a moment you're supposed to look at the touchscreen, you see one of those clips. :p

lednerg

I think just an edgy(in a classy way) title from Retro would do wonders for the lineup.

The Primes were like that but something new.

Yeah, it's the "edginess" that's needed. I suppose a T-rated game that skates the edges would suffice.

When you get down to it, Retro hasn't really done anything truly original since the first Metroid Prime. They've done fantastic variations on the theme with the sequels, of course. But it's been over a decade since then; they've got to have some really good, fresh ideas amongst them. I think a new IP (or maybe a new take on an old, forgotten IP) is way past due. But it should also try to catch the eye of the dudebros. Not cater to their every whim, mind you, just something that won't drive them away at first glance. Sci-fi may not even be the best bet, either.

dreamahm

Banned
Sometimes human brains became like .........

Imagine consoles (600-300$) release before 6 years in 2006 .

Wii U will release in 2012 will be 300-450$ (weak than last generation!!)

Stop thinking old fashion nintendo change and they show us good graphics in 3ds & big jump from the old DS.

I think Wii U will run Unreal 4 & latest engine , the price 350$.

Everyone will WOWED in E3 after see pikmin,F-zero,Metroid,3rd party game.

lednerg

I think Ace is sticking with a Lupin the Third reference for the title. I would have gone with:

Wii U Speculation Threads: 3, Bones Thrown to Us: 0

I would still use the idea I would have used for this thread.

Wii U Speculation thread of: Speculating the same things over and over till E3.

and at the end.....a small smash bros wii u teaser seals the deal

I was thinking about this earlier. I look forward to the transition.

Ssb-marios.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Sometimes human brains became like .........

Imagine consoles (600-300$) release before 6 years in 2006 .

Wii U will release in 2012 will be 300-450$ (weak than last generation!!)

Stop thinking old fashion nintendo change and they show us good graphics in 3ds & big jump from the old DS.

I think Wii U will run Unreal 4 & latest engine , the price 350$.

Everyone will WOWED in E3 after see pikmin,F-zero,Metroid,3rd party game.

$350 would be a really sweet spot. The Nintendo faithful will make-up a huge part of the console's early sales, so they will much more easily tolerate that price. And a well-advertised price drop in time for the new PS720 (and right before the Wii U's second holiday, when gift-giving becomes more of a factor) would be perfect.

After Reggie's and Iwata's comments about the console being more expensive this time around, I'm more and more convinced that $350 will be it, and that it'll be more powerful than we think.

HYPE!

and at the end.....a small smash bros wii u teaser seals the deal

Either that, or perhaps a glimpse of the next 3D Mario console title?

Antioch

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread in like a month, so has there been ANYTHING worth mentioning? AC 3 was confirmed for Wii U right?

HylianTom

Banned
I haven't really been keeping up with this thread in like a month, so has there been ANYTHING worth mentioning? AC 3 was confirmed for Wii U right?

Not much new. Nintendo is making lots of middleware free to developers. IdeaMan has suggested that the amount of RAM is perhaps surprising. And another source says that Nintendo may be beefing-up the U so that it'll run UE4.

And AC3 is indeed confirmed. :)

Antioch

Not much new. Nintendo is making lots of middleware free to developers. IdeaMan has suggested that the amount of RAM is perhaps surprising. And another source says that Nintendo may be beefing-up the U so that it'll run UE4.

And AC3 is indeed confirmed. :)

Thanks, so they really are saving it all for E3, huh?

Yup. We don't even know what costume Miyamoto is going to wear. The ninjas are working triple-overtime, with additional weekend differential pay.

He'll come out as a Starfish and say in English "Welcome and hello" and then get the rest translated that this is Nintendo's new IP/Friend(some corny silly name) and people will freak out in a negative way and then he'll show footage of the second coming of a genius plaformer.

frostbyte

He'll come out as a Starfish and say in English "Welcome and hello" and then get the rest translated that this is Nintendo's new IP/Friend(some corny silly name) and people will freak out in a negative way and then he'll show footage of the second coming of a genius plaformer.

Return of Legend of Starfy? I wish.

Antioch

I have no idea how Nintendo is going to fit everything into their usual 75 minutes or so. I initially thought they'd use an event like GDC to get any big 3DS announcements out of the way so they don't have to give too much time to those at E3, but outside of NSMB 3D being announced without being shown there hasn't really been any news on the second half of the year as far as the 3DS goes. At least it's guaranteed to be a hell of a show.

Btw, I'm sticking with my prediction that Donkey Kong 3D Land is being developed by NST with Retro supervision while Retro itself is making a Wii U game.

HylianTom

Banned

If he comes out in a Pikmin outfit (perhaps a new color or breed?), I'm going to wet myself.

Sure after i see the hair movement in Nvidia test first trailer in Gametrailers i would like to see more 2d donkey kong on Wii U, go check the trailer hair movement.

A little too fluffy to be DK, but I completely see what you're getting at. With Retro's art direction tech like that could be great.

Instro

I have no idea how Nintendo is going to fit everything into their usual 75 minutes or so. I initially thought they'd use an event like GDC to get any big 3DS announcements out of the way so they don't have to give too much time to those at E3, but outside of NSMB 3D being announced without being shown there hasn't really been any news on the second half of the year as far as the 3DS goes. At least it's guaranteed to be a hell of a show.

Btw, I'm sticking with my prediction that Donkey Kong 3D Land is being developed by NST with Retro supervision while Retro itself is making a Wii U game.

Well Retro is big enough to handle working on a 3DS game and a Wii U game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I can see the headlines.

"Wii U E3 Blowout"
"Our body wasn't ready." Says Don Mattrick and Kazuo Hirai
"This thing is so powerful, it will support Unreal Engine 5!" Says Mark Rein.
"Wow." Says Apple. "Damn right." Responds Satoru Iwata.
"Consider all your names taken." President of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime.

/delusional.

frostbyte

I can see the headlines.

"Wii U E3 Blowout"
"Consider all your names taken." President of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime.

/delusional.

It's good to dream :)

HylianTom

Banned
I can see the headlines.

"Wii U E3 Blowout"

/delusional.

Nah. It's gonna be a great presentation to the faithful, but lackluster to the gaming media and Nintendo's competitors. A random comment or twelve on the level of "a boy's ability to admire Pokemon" will be thrown-out there.

Then the stampedes to the kiosks will return, and the 1Ups and IGNs will stand there observing, dumbfounded.

I can see the headlines.

"Wii U E3 Blowout"

/delusional.

And at the end of the conference.

Retro teaser shown..."Wii U Sports Getaway"

uyfdR.gif

GCX

Well Nintendo hasn't bothered to fit everything in their E3 show for many years. There's always games that are only shown via the media blowout shortly after the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom