• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

Danish
As an actual fan of IS, Pushmo, however good it is, isn't what I asked for.

You are the oddest fan I have ever heard of. IS is a very talented developer. You should want them to push their skills and do different things on occasion.

Box

This is an odd stance to take, They should never do something new or surprise you? Only make things that are already within the realms of your pre-existing expectations of them? And that supposedly makes you an "actual fan" of them?

No it isn't odd. It would be strange if Pushmo satisfied by desire for Advance Wars. And yes, liking their games does actually make me a fan.

Advance Wars stopped existing.
Paper Mario stopped being an RPG.
Fire Emblem took a huge detour after its most ambitious game and now will probably never see a release on an HD console.

And just a few years earlier, they had all been really great.

Gravijah

Don't we all...

Also hoping/praying that secretly Alpha Dreams is working on Mario and Luigi HD for Wii U... more like Bowser's Inside Story.. less like Partners in Time

i don't see mario & luigi moving to consoles, i think they'll just have both games on the 3ds.

Sadist

they need to stop making stuff like femblem and advwars and just make paper mario games for me.
You and I, we are enemies now.
LLShC.gif

Boney

Banned
Didn't Days of Ruin come out like 2009? That's 3 years yeesh

and boy do I have something to tell you regarding the other 2 points.

You and I, we are enemies now.
LLShC.gif
He hasn't even played the series. I don't think he's played AW either but I could be wrong there.

"Release on time for the critical year-end sales season."

That tells me it will be released in time for the Holiday seasons.

Yeah, I see it's rather ambiguous, yet I am inclined to think he's hinting at a late 2012 release.

He could have said something on the lines of "We'll launch WiiU by the end of the year", then why did he mention holidays?

Box

Didn't Days of Ruin come out like 2009? That's 3 years yeesh

and boy do I have something to tell you regarding the other 2 points.
Do you have something to tell me?

Wikipedia says January of 2008 though I wasn't trying to say it was dead.

No it isn't odd. It would be strange if Pushmo satisfied by desire for Advance Wars. And yes, liking their games does actually make me a fan.

Advance Wars stopped existing.
Paper Mario stopped being an RPG.
Fire Emblem took a huge detour after its most ambitious game and now will probably never see a release on an HD console.

And just a few years earlier, they had all been really great.

I'd say wait a bit longer before complaining about a lack of Advance WarsOk actually it's been like 4 years now :(, wow but for a Nintendo franchise thats still not really too long to start getting worried about, I'll give you the other two points, not that I see why it matters that FE wont be on an HD console and paper mario 3ds has been shown to be an rpg again. I just found the whole "actual fan"and "not what I asked for" as if they are obliged only to cater to your tastes to be or never to try new things to be...idk... off-putting. Anyways this is a good deal off topic (not that there is much on-topic to talk about ) and you have every right to be dissapointed in them, so I'll just leave it at that.

ShockingAlberto should just tell everyone, and by everyone I mean me, everything he knows. That would be sweet tits.

All your religion needs is paying rubes man. Homeless people seem to just want somewhere to sleep and that won't make us any money.

Unless... we tag them and force them to do our bidding!

He won't mind being paid in blood money will he?

Box

I'd say wait a bit longer before complaining about a lack of Advance WarsOk actually it's been like 5 years now :(, wow but for a Nintendo franchise thats still not really too long to start getting worried about, I'll give you the other two points, not that I see why it matters that FE wont be on an HD console and paper mario 3ds has been shown to be an rpg again. I just found the whole "actual fan"and "not what I asked for" as if they are obliged only to cater to your tastes to be or never to try new things to be...idk... off-putting. Anyways this is a good deal off topic (not that there is much on-topic to talk about ) and you have every right to be dissapointed in them, so I'll just leave it at that.

Well it might be similar to how a Valve fan would react to the lack of Half-Life. I mean, yeah sure, the other stuff is great, but it isn't Half-Life.

FE9 and 10 were such a bold leap for IS in terms of scope and since I really liked those games, it's a bit disappointing to see them back away and focus on smaller games that have trouble being released in the US.

I've heard of them. But I'm not going to give out any credit until I've actually played them. To my knowledge, there isn't much known about either game.

I've heard of them. But I'm not going to give out any credit until I've actually played them. To my knowledge, there isn't much known about either game.

Nintendo has this weird thing we're they don't start talking about games in detail until close(r) to launch lately (a result of the Brawl fall-out?). At the moment KI, the next 1st party retail release for 3DS, is starting the trickle. FE, which follows, should start getting some love soon.

DCharlie

Banned
starting to expect we'll get Wii U at an early than expected time.

Given porting is apparently easy on the machine, i think Nintendo will want to get the machine out and in the hands of devs so that they can garner 3rd party efforts for 2012 xmas and help establish themselves as soon as possible before we start getting into the NextBox / Playstation+ hype zone.

The spoke in the wheels is if they can somehow get a best-effort out of devs and have games look significantly better than X360/PS3 efforts. With potentially limited info on PS4/X720 then it may push some fence sitters/hardcores to make an early jump.

Said it elsewhere, if Nintendo have got their pieces in place, this could be a tactical master class in terms of timing and hardware positioning.

Hi guys and gals.

New to the forum but loved reading and love the enthusiasm you all have for gaming.

Im really looking forward to Wii U.

What do you realistically think the first party launch games will be ?, and do you think the big multi platform games of winter 2012 like Resident Evil 6, GTA 5 and Blops 2 will be available at launch for it.

Cheers :).

Hi guys and gals.

New to the forum but loved reading and love the enthusiasm you all have for gaming.

Im really looking forward to Wii U.

What do you realistically think the first party launch games will be ?, and do you think the big multi platform games of winter 2012 like Resident Evil 6, GTA 5 and Blops 2 will be available at launch for it.

Cheers :).

Pikmin 3 and Retro's game seems likely for launch.
And yes, those games should be out at the same time, more than likely.

Thanks Ace :).

What do you think Retro's game is ?.

Loved the Wii exclusives Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong ect but im really looking forward to Starfox, F-Zero and maybe Waverace on Wii U, wonder if it's one of those they are working on.

DCKing

A new Retro title announced at E3 for release two months later would be the most amazing thing ever. The hype will know no equal.

Thanks Ace :).

What do you think Retro's game is ?.

Loved the Wii exclusives Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong ect but im really looking forward to Starfox, F-Zero and maybe Waverace on Wii U, wonder if it's one of those they are working on.

I'm going to bet on Metroid, but there's no real telling at this point.

Wait, bgassassin is a Nintendo Ninja?

He has connections, and yes.
Yes he is.

Pikmin 3 seems like it would be a good launch title (doesn't mean it will be though) and NSMBWiiU will be released in November or December like always.

antonz

I imagine Pikmin 3 will be a launch title and it would be a smart move to potentially grow the brand. Being a launch title would get it alot of extra sales it wouldnt get outside the launch window and potentially lead to a larger base of players who know of it and will play more of it.

My guess would be

Sept/Oct - Japanese launch with Pikmin 3
Nov - US/European/Australian launch with 2D Mario & Pikmin 3.
2 week later - Retro's game

Pikmin sold 1.63M WW, Pikmin 2 sold 1.06M. Last game was 8 years ago, on a system with a tiny user-base.
3 needs to be there for launch if they want this to get as much exposure as possible.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Maybe Retro is working on a first-person-vacuumer Luigi's Mansion 3 where the U-pad will act as a vacuum and ghost scanner :D
yogafaceo.gif

On an unrelated note, what is going to happen to the E3 Nintendo Network since that will now be the name for Nintendo's online stuff?
On a related note to E3, I kind of want Nintendo to stream their conference on the 3DS. They could make an app for it!

Hi! New here to Neogaf, real big Nintendo fan! :D Cant wait for Wii U.

Anyone else wish they made a cool Battalion Wars sequel for Wii U with high quality online??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom