• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii UNPACKED (by Atomix) (no 56k)

Saoh

searched the launch thread and found nothing. lock if old, sorry :)

Atomix magazine and tv channel in Mexico got their hands on a final retail Wii box.

Source

god, so awesome. only 17 days :D

edit: WE KILLED THAT POOR GUY PHOTOBUCKET!

and now we'll kill Jarosh photobucket >: )

9.jpg

8.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

2-5.jpg

10.jpg

1-4.jpg

ty Jarosh <3

bengraven

Between this and the pre-orders starting, I want one so badly. I wish there was something besides the VC games to get me excited about it.

Saoh

HAL_Laboratory said:
It's a Japanese box, but it's still cool, I guess. I just hope our North American boxes are that cool on the inside.

im pretty sure its an NTSC console/box. the Mii screen says "exit" in spanish.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Wait ... a gray stand?

Was I just imagining that the stand that they've shown was white?

*scrambles to look for older pics*

EDIT: Yup, I guess it always has been grey in past pics. Must just be the lighting, because the stand seems much darker than I had previously imagined. Wii horizontal orientation FTW!

Britprog

HAL_Laboratory said:
It's a Japanese box, but it's still cool, I guess. I just hope our North American boxes are that cool on the inside.

I think its the South American box, just happends to be the same as the jap one. :)

Why don't companies just offer a standard composite + component AV wire set?

It seriously cannot cost that much more, and for Nintendo they're not even offering the wires in store, so they can't be expecting huge sales off them.

luffeN

HAL_Laboratory said:

this may be a stupid question now, but it is a retail box, so no debug unit. then why are the texts not in japanese? i mean, with the japanese ds it makes sense to me cause the system is region free. but why so for wii?

Britprog

HowardMoon said:
Whats that small clear peice of plastic?

I'm guessing thats a stand for the sensor bar, that make me happy. No sticking it to my new Samsung LCD TV.

Edit beaten to it, doh

Mato

That packaging alone makes re-re-consider my decision about whether I'll buy the Wii this year or later. Looks so nice.

Saoh

Wario64 said:
Typing will be a bitch.

Notice the sensor bar attached to the screen

Typing looks fairly easy. At least Matt Cassalalalalala made it look easy on his weekly episode.

and :O and the bar attached to the TV. i wonder if its the sensor bar stand or just tape :lol

THAT IS AN NTSC CONSOLE, and the nunchuck is there in another pic. no idea why they didnt took a pic.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
HAL_Laboratory said:
71pe8.jpg

So I guess proportionatly, the Wii has the biggest power brick.

yep, but realistically, it's slightly bigger than the Wiimote. But that picture is crazy-scale times.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
HAL_Laboratory said:
71pe8.jpg

So I guess proportionatly, the Wii has the biggest power brick.

I just like quoting posts with pics

The problem isnt the power brick but no component cables :|

Top Bottom