• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikileaks publishes searchable database of hacked Sony documents and emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphier

Banned
Are you serious? You think it's ok for average Joe to have all his private details and exchanges available to the fucking world.

Also news fucking flash, a person salary is no way linked to their right to privacy. That's an absolutely abhorrent attitude.

I am not endorsing or defending this leak, but these exchanges are not personal either. They are company property and in no way private, they do not represent the views of the individuals. It's one of the first things they teach you in business communications. It's called trade secret. Exposed secrets that have been mitigated by now. It sucks, but that's life.

xandaca

Interesting reading a lot of the SPECTRE-related emails, where a lot of problems identified with the script still haven't been addressed in the most recent leaked version (Dec 1st). Despite the general impression that studio interference is always a bad thing, there are actually some interesting notes in there which might not have the script good, exactly, but certainly would've tidied it up a hell of a lot. In fact, the stuff they're pleased with is generally more inexplicable than the stuff they want to change.

it seems that there is no new stuff

the original leak detailed as per:
www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2014/12/a...-of-the-december-2014-sony-hack/#thebeginning

26.4 GB in size, containing 33,880 files

e-mail:
05_01.rar: (Mosko leak)
14,944 sent emails

05_A.rar (pascal leak)
Over 5,000 emails included

10.Dezember
mailcount:
Admin: 56
Alertline: 286
Audit Reports: 28
Calendar: 6,815
Compliance dept: 45
Contacts: 178
Conversation history: 2
Deleted items: 4,296
Designated Employee Notice: 59
Division Head Meetings: 205
Executive comp: 60
Inbox: 41,229
Sec filings: 30
SEC FCPA: 102
Sent emails: 36,586
SPE Board: 19
SPE Subsidiaries Report:3
Legal: 78

december 14:
72,900 emails spread across 7 primary folders

16. december
Inbox: 12,482
Contacts: 7,085
Calendar: 5,433
Deleted: 6,966
Lost & Found: 12,629
Drafts: 77

that makes 227.593 emails over the course of all leaks
and also 33.880 files in the first leak alone, therefore i didnt count how many files there really were

what is on wikileaks:
Sony Archives: 30,287 documents from Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and 173,132 emails,

i also did this quick so i might have missed a lot!
you see, there is no new stuff. you could even say, that they left a lot of it out.

also sorry, i have to leave for the day so i cannot answer any further insults and serious discussions

hokahey

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wAsVciA.jpg[/IMG]

Only on GAF is there sympathy for a multinational megabillions media conglomerate when they get caught with their pants down. I'm sure Pascal with her $3m a year salary will be just fine after this blows over, non-existant attacks using her personal information included. I on the other hand was a victim of the PSN hacks with no idea what happened to my information, but fuck us right we're nobodies.

Poor, poor sony.

What does someone's salary have to do with their right to privacy?

Toothless

i found this hilarious lmao. some unknown-ass director who i can barely even find on google aside from his imdb page literally begging amy to direct ghostbusters 3

ekp9GPm.png

I love how he compares himself to Villeneuve and Kosinski, even though the former directed an Academy Award nominated film and the latter directed freaking TRON. Especially considering Sony probably expects more than Prisoners and Oblivion combined domestically for Ghostbusters 3.

Quotient

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wAsVciA.jpg[/IMG]

Only on GAF is there sympathy for a multinational megabillions media conglomerate when they get caught with their pants down. I'm sure Pascal with her $3m a year salary will be just fine after this blows over, non-existant attacks using her personal information included. I on the other hand was a victim of the PSN hacks with no idea what happened to my information, but fuck us right we're nobodies.

Poor, poor sony.

I think their is a difference between what facebook does and what wikileaks does.

Facebook, google, etc are offering you a service, and the fee is your personal information.

it seems that there is no new stuff

the original leak detailed as per:
www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2014/12/a...-of-the-december-2014-sony-hack/#thebeginning

that makes 227.593 emails over the course of all leaks
and also 33.880 files in the first leak alone, therefore i didnt count how many files there really were

what is on wikileaks:
Sony Archives: 30,287 documents from Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and 173,132 emails,

i also did this quick so i might have missed a lot!
you see, there is no new stuff. you could even say, that they left a lot of it out.

also sorry, i have to leave for the day so i cannot answer any further insults and serious discussions

Are the Leah Weil emails included? IIRC, those were the last batch released before the leaks stopped.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
i found this hilarious lmao. some unknown-ass director who i can barely even find on google aside from his imdb page literally begging amy to direct ghostbusters 3

ekp9GPm.png

Dude's movie Twisted Seduction:
Genius British guy kidnaps a woman and is convinced that by following certain psychological steps and well planned charm, her brain will have no choice but to trigger feelings of love towards him.

Are the Leah Weil emails included? IIRC, those were the last batch released before the leaks stopped.

you have different search options like "mail is form"
https://www.wikileaks.org/sony/emails/
there are 1326 emails from her.

oh and look here:
"Sony doesn't like pirates—except, perhaps, when Sony feels like pirating."
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/sony-pirated-book-pdf/
Sony had pirated ebooks on its servers.[...] Here's another dose of irony for you: The books are educational tomes about hacking, exactly the subject that Sony would now like to be thoroughly educated in since last year's hacks put all this information into the public sphere.

go on and defend this company

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Super Bowl Ad Part 1 Buzz Report

- Oh hell yes (NEOGAF)
- Hyped. Can't wait May 2nd wow. That is coming fast. (NEOGAF)
- Oh yeah, that last scene. That outfit, I better hear a SNAP (NEOGAF)
- Want! (NEOGAF)

you people should be ashamed of yourselves

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/17704 said:
2. What can we aquire? Miramax library eg? Try again with shit head bobby at activision?
I somehow think any possible deals are off now.

A reminder to always remain professional in correspondence that can recorded.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
you have different search options like "mail is form"
https://www.wikileaks.org/sony/emails/
there are 1326 emails from her.

oh and look here:
"Sony doesn't like pirates—except, perhaps, when Sony feels like pirating."
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/sony-pirated-book-pdf/

go on and defend this company

Hypocrisy is a low level offense in the real world.

Real hypocrisy is you pointing this out as an offense and doing it yourself in real life, and don't lie to us -- you have or do.

Hypocrisy is a low level offense in the real world.

Real hypocrisy is you pointing this out as an offense and doing it yourself in real life, and don't lie to us -- you have or do.

im pointing this out because they were pointing it out and calling people criminals and establishing DRMs and so on while doing the same

of course i also did it in my life, but im not going around telling people that they are criminals because they do it or have done it. and im not giving fines and ruin people financially.

there is a big difference, no?

Joni

It would be hypocritical if it was downloaded by someone high enough on the foodchain to actually decide Sony should go after pirates.

davepoobond

im pointing this out because they were pointing it out and calling people criminals and establishing DRMs and so on while doing the same

the actual hypocrisy of the situation would be if they weren't doing it since they have a potential to make money from doing so. And as a business their #1 purpose is to make money.

of course i also did it in my life, but im not going around telling people that they are criminals because they do it or have done it. and im not giving fines and ruin people financially.

there is a big difference, no?

not really, because you don't have a vested interest in the propagation of that content. Their #1 concern is making money, not enforcing copyright. They use copyright laws to make money. Copyright law changes are usually made in such a way that they benefit businesses MORE, not less.

the actual hypocrisy of the situation would be if they weren't doing it since they have a potential to make money from doing so. And as a business their #1 purpose is to make money.

not really, because you don't have a vested interest in the propagation of that content. Their #1 concern is making money, not enforcing copyright. They use copyright laws to make money. Copyright law changes are usually made in such a way that they benefit businesses MORE, not less.

ok... to tell you the truth. I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Why do you think I'm a hypocrite? I'm one of these people who think that everything concerning art/science/education should be for free for everyone on this planet.

Also a company is responsible for its employees. So it doesn't matter who it really was. And I would even go so far and say that that even the higher-ups are getting some of their stuff "for free".

They don't only use copyright laws, there are some real hints that sony is directly influencing the law, according to wikileaks. And they also directly hire lawyers to enforce their "rights".

davepoobond

ok... to tell you the truth. I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Why do you think I'm a hypocrite? I'm one of these people who think that everything concerning art/science/education should be for free for everyone on this planet.

Also a company is responsible for its employees. So it doesn't matter who it really was. And I would even go so far and say that that even the higher-ups are getting some of their stuff "for free".

They don't only use copyright laws, there are some real hints that sony is directly influencing the law, according to wikileaks. And they also directly hire lawyers to enforce their "rights".

they are not suing people for moralistic reasons. they are suing people for $$$ reasons.

Joni

In that case it is good that Sony's actions don't concern art, science or education. It concerns movies. They downloaded an educational book about hacking though.

Also a company is responsible for its employees. So it doesn't matter who it really was.

In most cases, a corporation can be held responsible for the actions of its employees while they are in the performance of their employment-related responsibilities. However, the extent of that responsibility, and any subsequent legal action, is typically determined by the intent of the employee, the scope of the action and the preventative measures taken by the employer. An employer cannot usually be held responsible for the actions of an employee that take place outside of the workplace that are unrelated to the individual’s professional position, or for unforeseeable criminal acts that take place in the business unless negligence can be proven.

And I would even go so far and say that that even the higher-ups are getting some of their stuff "for free".
That is called slander.

In that case it is good that Sony's actions don't concern art, science or education. It concerns movies. They downloaded an educational book about hacking though.

i would argue that movies or even videogames are art. And everyone who cannot afford it should get it for free. Otherwise you're just splitting society into poor and rich. There already was a time where "art" was exclusive to the rich. I don't think we want to go back to these kinda times were the wealthy are telling the poor what they can watch and enjoy and what not.

In most cases, a corporation can be held responsible for the actions of its employees while they are in the performance of their employment-related responsibilities. However, the extent of that responsibility, and any subsequent legal action, is typically determined by the intent of the employee, the scope of the action and the preventative measures taken by the employer. An employer cannot usually be held responsible for the actions of an employee that take place outside of the workplace that are unrelated to the individual’s professional position, or for unforeseeable criminal acts that take place in the business unless negligence can be proven.

given their nature of these books in question, one could come to the conclusion that they were downloaded to help educate "some" of the people within the company. Given the weakness the company has within the same subject the chance is high that these books were downloaded for the well being of the company.

That is called slander.

ok, to make it clearer so that it doesn't sound like slander: what I wanted to say is that there is probably no human being on this planet with regular access to the internet not downloading illegal stuff. And with this I include illegal streams as well. Be it deliberate or not.

Joni

i would argue that movies or even videogames are art. And everyone who cannot afford it should get it for free. Otherwise you're just splitting society into poor and rich. There already was a time where "art" was exclusive to the rich. I don't think we want to go back to these kinda times were the wealthy are telling the poor what they can watch and enjoy and what not.
I'd argue that content creators are deserving to get rewarded for their creations. It is also a question of what you mean by not being able to afford it. I can't afford to buy all 10.000 movies but that doesn't mean I should get them for free.

given their nature of these books in question, one could come to the conclusion that they were downloaded to help educate "some" of the people within the company. Given the weakness the company has within the same subject the chance is high that these books were downloaded for the well being of the company.
It has no bearing on an actual lawsuit. It matters what Sony has done to prevent users from getting illegal content.

I'd argue that content creators are deserving to get rewarded for their creations. It is also a question of what you mean by not being able to afford it. I can't afford to buy all 10.000 movies but that doesn't mean I should get them for free.

Of course. But we are not the ones to decide that. And people who live by foodstamps should be able to enjoy the world as much as we do!

It has no bearing on an actual lawsuit. It matters what Sony has done to prevent users from getting illegal content.

They probably did as much as they did with implementing security measures and passwords to prevent scriptkiddies entering their cyberspace all these last years.

Joni

Of course. But we are not the ones to decide that. And people who live by foodstamps should be able to enjoy the world as much as we do!
Which they can do with movie rentals via their library for instance or visits to free museums. And it is true, we don't decide that, the creators of content should be able to choice how they sell their creations.

Which they can do with movie rentals via their library for instance or visits to free museums. And it is true, we don't decide that, the creators of content should be able to choice how they sell their creations.

we are doing a 360 now. I for one, and that i already said, argue that art should be free for everyone. At least for everyone who cannot afford it. And if you're trying to boss people around with shit like DRM and ruining people financially (even ones that don't have much money to begin with) because of some copyright laws you are directly or indirectly (RIAA) influencing. Then in the name of god (who probably doesn't exist) we have the right to look through these archives to see how much of an influence these companies really do have. no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom