• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikileaks publishes searchable database of hacked Sony documents and emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Google-Fu is weak:

iNWtbDl.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760796

NeoGAF was banned from NeoGAF?

Toothless

At least Sony didn't want Barbie to be a ditsy blonde hooker paid to fuck a dictator.

Found something interesting about Barbie involving Phil Lord

i.e. is there a Barbie v He-Man movie in there somewhere? It’s a funny idea. If the lego movie and its sequels didn’t exist it would be easier for it to feel original. At first blush I would fear a little bit that it steps on JSMIB and I can tell you that the lego sequels will tread on some similar territory. I’d say consider a live-action version of that but Masters in the right hands could be a fantasy franchise so you would want to protect your ability to run with that. Why not get Lena Dunham to write a feminist Barbie movie?
On Nov 11, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Pascal, Amy wrote:
> I want some advice from you on an idea ....I promise this is not a way or asking you to be involved but you know we own barbie and we own masters of the universe
> I haven't gone mash up crazy but this is way harder than I thought to get right do you think there is anything at all in pursuing the male female stereotypes and being completely misunderstood maybe even adding in other ideas like that or have I just lost my marbles

Quotient

What does wikileaks believe it is accomplishing by providing easy, searchable access to stolen data for Sony Pictures - from what i can tell their are alot of personal, private communication between employees and friends/families, as well as personal data like address, phone numbers etc.

I am all for freedom of information/expression etc, but this is just simply wrong.

i found this hilarious lmao. some unknown-ass director who i can barely even find on google aside from his imdb page literally begging amy to direct ghostbusters 3

ekp9GPm.png

Chittagong

Gold Member
It's pretty comforting to know that a 'buzz report' to a multibillion company amounts to selectively copy pasting comments from NeoGAF.

I would make a killing in PR

This is creepily voyeuristic and a gross invasion of privacy. Having said that, some of the unprofessionalism (and...unhingedness) of the content in some of the e-mails is amusing.

Melchior

This is pretty bizarre. People are quick to defend privacy but now that this is out people have no problems spooling through these emails and files. I understand that private life and work life is separate but it just seems odd to me.

WorldStar

Banned
i refuse to look at any of the content because i respect privacy.

some of you should feel disgusted about yourselves. shame on you.

I don't think they should have released this to be honest. Some of the information could put people at risk as there are addresses, private email and phone numbers all available.

The Foul

it was always the villain

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wAsVciA.jpg[/IMG]

Only on GAF is there sympathy for a multinational megabillions media conglomerate when they get caught with their pants down. I'm sure Pascal with her $3m a year salary will be just fine after this blows over, non-existant attacks using her personal information included. I on the other hand was a victim of the PSN hacks with no idea what happened to my information, but fuck us right we're nobodies.

the Register said:

Poor, poor sony.

Code:

Only on GAF is there sympathy for a multinational megabillions media conglomerate when they get caught with their pants down. I'm sure Pascal with her $3m a year salary will be just fine after this blows over, non-existant attacks using her personal information included. I on the other hand was a victim of the PSN hacks with no idea what happened to my information, but fuck us right we're nobodies.

Poor, poor sony.

thank you, these are my thoughts on this topic as well
and the zuckerberg-assange comparison is spot on!

Jigorath

Banned
Code:

Poor, poor sony.

And all the employees who just got their personal information leaked?

Fuck them right?

kiguel182

So because people work on a big company they don't deserve privacy?

This is just a company that makes movies. It's not important and we have no right to have access to this information. This is just wrong.

WorldStar

Banned
Code:

Poor, poor sony.

thank you, these are my thoughts on this topic as well
and the zuckerberg-assange comparison is spot on!

both these posts are so incredibly ignorant it is beyond embarrassing

employees of Sony did not deserve to have their private information leaked

the shit you both posted is absolutely disgusting. you should feel ashamed.

Nugg

I love this one from Joel McHale: Community gets cancelled? Fuck them, might as well score a free TV in the process.

GAWP65X.png

Vice

The information was already widely available though, correct? Any party seriously interested in extracting personal data has already had months too. Ultimately, the creation of a searchable database so long after seems like it would have little influence on these peoples lives in comparison to the issues it would have likely caused six months ago.

Seems like another penny pinching Ike move soured a relationship with a creator who didn't let himself be dicked around. Too bad, as he clearly did excellent work on Daredevil.

yeah marvel was really wrong for this one, way to burn a bridge there. the company, and especially ike, seems like a pain to do any creative work with. i wasn't happy with drew goddard announcement for daredevil, but his input on it really proved me wrong.

Baki

Code:

Poor, poor sony.

Are you serious? You think it's ok for average Joe to have all his private details and exchanges available to the fucking world.

Also news fucking flash, a person salary is no way linked to their right to privacy. That's an absolutely abhorrent attitude.

1. people had over half a year time to respond to the leak and change their data etc. you could even say that wikileaks was generous enough to give people more time to respond to the leak
---
im talking about phone numers, cc, and such stuff
people can also check facebook or use other means for names and adresses for identiy frauds
---

2. people who were interested in the private data of the leak already got it via torrents half a year ago

3. if there are really signs that this is true, then this information should be free for everyone: "The Sony Archives show that behind the scenes this is an influential corporation, with ties to the White House, with an ability to impact laws and policies, and with connections to the US military-industrial complex."

3.b. And given the mass of the leak, this could take a while and it certainly is not possible for a few people to read through all of this to delete such highly delicate private details. However, i agree, that there should be a a person handling this leak who checks for such details after receiving information from the community.

4. if you use an e-mail address of a company, all the information you write in them belongs automatically to the company, even your private chitchat ones. So therefore when i give my private information away in such a way, then i have lost all the rights to that information.

5. When my higher-ups came to me and asked me for all the email correspondence of one of the persons working there, i simply had to give it to them. your stuff is never private! not on facebook and certainly not at work.

and last: if a company fucks over its costumers and even its own employees due to low security measures (and using passwords like "password" is deliberate action when you are in control of so much critical private information). Im even shocked that there are no grave consequences, for example the company must be held responsible for all the costs that each one of their employees had to come up with and that resulted from the leak - directly or indirectly

to condemn the one who brings the bad news in wrong on so many levels

im sorry for my bad english.

Joni

There are GAF members working for Sony. Their information is out there. Sony has a lot more employees than Pascal.

1. people had over half a year time to respond to the leak and change their data etc. you could even say that wikileaks was generous enough to give people more time to respond to the leak
Yes, it is easy to change your SSN, your name, your kid's name, ... You know, the typical stuff that is used for identity fraud.

There are GAF members working for Sony. Their information is out there. Sony has a lot more employees than Pascal.

Yes, it is easy to change your SSN, your name, your kid's name, ... You know, the typical stuff that is used for identity fraud.

people can also check facebook or use other means for such information
i was talking about phone numers, cc, and such stuff

DeathyBoy

Banned
No wonder Ernie Hudson is at the local comic shop here in Columbus doing signings like 4 times a year. Hope he fired whatever agent he had back then, those other 4 are making a pretty penny on Ghostbusters 3 without ever lifting a finger.

Reitman getting merchandise cheques for directing the film? Fucking ridiculous.

Joni

people can also check facebook or use other means for such information
i was talking about phone numers, cc, and such stuff
Which does have privacy settings to hide that. And why should they have to change that stuff? Wikileaks could just not have leaked it and everybody would be okay.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Which does have privacy settings to hide that. And why should they have to change that stuff? Wikileaks could just not have leaked it and everybody would be okay.
...? No, the data would be just as available as it was before Wikileaks indexed it.

yes, please read my original post as a whole before answering

or see:
...? No, the data would be just as available as it was before Wikileaks indexed it.

and:

we are still talking about the same people that use passwords like "password123" and use their work-email for private correspondence and do wonder, why their data is now visible for the whole world. Therefore i herewith claim that a lot of these people do not even know of the existence of private settings on facebook, or what they exactly do or how to use them correctly.

i could go on and proof this claim by showing all these posts made on facebook which led to either shitstorms or contract terminations, because people were not aware of how facebook is used properly

you know, there is also a kind of dilemma:

-> people need work or want a product, and thus they gladly give all their information to the company with bad reputation about data security, such as sony. And dont tell me that nobody saw this coming after the playstation disaster

there is absolutely nothing you can do if companies dont care about security and your private data but you guys go on and defend this poor company and blame other parties. I sincerely do hope that another leak from sony is coming exposing paid trolls running around message boards and spouting nonsense in the name of the holy corporation.

Joni

No, the data would be just as available as it was before Wikileaks indexed it.
It was available at select places with only very few people having access to the entire archive. The complete archive never leaked out last time, the Pascal mails was the only stuff leaked out with the hackers keeping the Lynton mails for their blackmail. Wikileaks has changed that.

yes, please read my original post as a whole before answering
You changed it after my post, and I only quoted the parts that were relevant.

we are still talking about the same people that use passwords like "password123" and use their work-email for private correspondence and do wonder, why their data is now visible for the whole world. Therefore i herewith claim that a lot of these people do not even know of the existence of private settings on facebook, or what they exactly do or how to use them correctly.
Billions of people use their work mail for a private mail once in a while. You're even blaming those people for the consequences. That is just sick, especially because you seem to be doing it out of some fanboyism. These are real people, some of them having no involvement to PlayStation at all.

i could proof this claim by showing all these posts made on facebook which led to either shitstorms or contract terminations, because people were not aware of how facebook is used properly
I never realized they all belonged to Sony employees. Those shitstorms also often started because of people actually on their contact list. Like most of those cases where someone insulted his company with their boss on his friendlist.

It was available at select places with only very few people having access to the entire archive. The complete archive never leaked out last time, the Pascal mails was the only stuff leaked out with the hackers keeping the Lynton mails for their blackmail. Wikileaks has changed that.
Different pieces were available via torrent -> ergo for everyone! And i dont know if this is a complete archive with new information. The description on wikileaks doesnt make it clear.

You changed it after my post, and I only quoted the parts that were relevant.

im sorry for this

Billions of people use their work mail for a private mail once in a while. You're even blaming those people for the consequences. That is just sick, especially because you seem to be doing it out of some fanboyism. These are real people, some of them having no involvement to PlayStation at all.

see, you are doing it again. i just state what is wrong and because i do that you say that im a sick person. You cannot change the world for a better if you ignore the problems.
or to put it in another words:

People must be made aware of this so that they stop with this habit!

and no, im no fanboy, i even do have a ps3, a ps2, a broken ps1, a vita, a sony walkman, a sony handy...?

considering this im even part of this problem, i should stop using sony products as a whole but im enjoying games from japan
and please stop accusing me of fanboyism -> i begin to think that youre trying to ultimately discredit me with this
that is a very low tactic

and because i use their products, i want them to change, so that my data is secure

I never realized they all belonged to Sony employees. Those shitstorms also often started because of people actually on their contact list. Like most of those cases where someone insulted his company with their boss on his friendlist.

it shows how the average person, who is also working at sony, deals with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom