• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WILD HEARTS | Gameplay: Golden Tempest

Draugoth

Gold Member

Kemono are the embodiment of the power of nature. One such beast is the Aragane, or Golden Tempest. Harnessing the unrelenting power of the wind, this lightning-fast Kemono is not to be taken lightly. Watch new WILD HEARTS™ gameplay footage captured on the PS5 and get an in-depth look at how it will use the power of nature against you and your fellow hunters, as well as possible attacks and weapons you might use to defeat it. Master ancient tech to hunt down giant beasts. WILD HEARTS is a unique twist on the hunting genre where technology gives you a fighting chance against fearsome beasts infused with the ferocious power of nature itself. Take on these creatures alone or hunt with friends in seamless co-op. Developed by Omega Force, the Japanese studio behind the DYNASTY WARRIORS franchise and in partnership with EA Originals, WILD HEARTS takes you on an epic adventure set in a fantasy world inspired by feudal Japan. The hunt begins February 17, 2023.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
As always it looks well made for a MonHun clone, we'll see if it has the longevity in its game flow and stuff and how good the weapons feel. Also if Capcom will one up them by showing a spectacular next MonHun before this comes out, though Rise going multiplatform now indicates that's still far.

They really need to optimize their engine so they can use higher resolution etc., the game looks so darn muddy. I also liked the first couple monsters shown more, I thought they'd all have that flower/plant motif which weirdly reminded me of the corrupt gods in Princess Mononoke but others don't.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Pretty shameless.

. . .though these little structures do seem fun. But I mean it is "Rise of Monster Hunter Worlds." Like it is what it is.

This palette sucks...why is it so brown? I hope they have more variety...best thing about world was at times the color palette and how vibrant it was...game does look cool other wise. cross play?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Like some of it and didn't like some.

I really wish these games had more environmental impact from fights and attacks.
Boss animations seem a bit off.
Needs more weapon variety (unless they are just showing a few at a time?).
Wild Hearts is actually a really good name.
Needs an open beta for sure.

SaintALia

Never played Monster Hunter before, but this reminds me of Vindictus' Lionotus fight.

Except that was a bit more 'multi-staged' I guess. He had a rider(healer and projectile spammer) on top, and you had to use bombs available in the stage to get him off. After that you fought the beast itself and you had a bunch of tools to help you like chain hooks or use spears to get 'breaks'. That was a 8 man raid though.

So, is this just a straight MH clone, or is it doing enough to differentiate itself? I see MH clones every once in a while, but they're usually 'MH, but with technology', 'MH, but more focused on Japanese myhtology', 'MH, bur lower budget and kinda worse', with like a couple neat ideas.

Esca

I really hope this game is good. They have done a poor job marketing so far though. We should have videos on each weapon by now at the very least. I liked toukidan (sp?) Do think I'll like this just. Hope it has a fair amount of content

draliko

Hope this turn out good, nioh vs dark soul good, with rise, this and wolong, it could be a spectacular 2023 q1

Last edited:

GymWolf

Hope it’s better than monster hunter. What a not fun game, awful combat, awful controls.
d72fe006ba71a41c235b94b7a92d9dad.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The performance on PC is absolute garbage and thus deserves a 0/10 because it’s unplayable. If they fix this shit, I’ll give it another chance

Top Bottom