• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will EA ever go back to the NBA Street series?

Messi

I was just thinking about all the time I spent playing NBA Street growing up and how much fun it gave me as a casual NBA fan. I find Live and 2ks basketball games to be very complex and difficult to grasp and sometimes I just want to do some crazy dunks.

All of the games are great fun, yes even homecourt. I would love to see what they could do on next gen systems.

In light of EAs recent trouble making a good NBA game is it possible they would give the street series a go again?

Silky

Banned
EA Canada still exists, and they did the JAM games last gen. Which were good. So...maybe? Depends if EA still has the NBA license by the end of next year

stawnkald

If they could use the engine from NBA Street Vol. 2 and use the modern roster, it could be something awesome.

Could.

nns3d

I was just playing NBA Street vol. 3 the other day, great game. I'd love to see another arcady basketball game.

TomShoe

Banned
I LOVED NBA Street Vol. 2. That was a close to perfect as a streetball game could get, and I sunk 50+ hours into it.

Unfortunately, then came THIS:

NBA_Street_Homecourt_Coverart.jpg

To make a long story short, the game wasn't focused on defense and strategy anymore, it was all about ridiculous, unblockable dunks. Completely ruined any thought behind the game, and turned it into an obnoxious button masher.

They could make a sequel, but there's no way I can trust EA to make one properly.

NBA Street 1 and 2 were so damn good. I remember some serious matches between my and my brother years ago. Words were exchanged. Controllers thrown. Good times.

Messi

Hey remember in Def Jam icon you could use your invisible turntable to blow up stuff. What the fuck was that team on when they designed that?

Snakeyes

I like to think that a group of gamers will eventually get tired of realistic sports games and there will be a resurgence in arcadey stuff like NBA Street.

Flowmoney

I would like a Def Jam Fight for NY 2 with the gameplay of the older games , more than NBA Street but both would be good.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I 100% agree that a remake of NBA Street Vol.2 with current roster would get my money. Homecourt was a mess and the third game was just broken. But the first two were magic.

Unlocking Jordan from different eras and having him on your team was a highlight in sports gaming for me.

This is probably the game series I would love to see come back most.

SSReborn

I would love to see that come back, that and Def Jam are some franchises that I'm definitely missing from the PS2, Xbox, GC era.

^ Shit was so dope lol

-PXG-

NBA Street Vol.4

Executive Produced by Drake

Lebron on the cover

Download the latest Js via microtransactions (limited to the first 500 who pre-order at GameStop)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd love another Street but I really hope they do another NBA JAM. The new one was amazing.

Bgamer90

Banned
I would love a new one. They should do it since it more than likely wouldn't do as bad as NBA Live 14 since it would attract NBA fans + regular gamers.

Just make it NBA Street Vol. 2 with updated rosters, updated graphics in 1080p, more old school hip hop tracks, NBA Street Homecourt's game breaker format, and online play and you would have a perfect game.

Snakeyes

I would like a Def Jam Fight for NY 2 with the gameplay of the older games , more than NBA Street but both would be good.

Oh man. A Def Jam game with all the new rap personalities that emerged over the years would be epic. Fuck, Interscope VS Def Jam would be even better.

Fiddy VS Officer Ricky
Gaga VS Rihanna
Cyhi Da Prynce VS Chief Keef
Ramblin' Ye VS Everyone

I'd buy ten copies.

Bgamer90

Banned
Dodged a bullet. You skipped it for a silly reason, but still, you saved yourself. I traded my copy the same day I bought it. I NEVER do that. Ever. It was that bad.

I actually liked Homecourt. Was a fun game but wasn't the best game of the series though (that was NBA Street 2). It did have a better/more fair gamebreaker format than all of the other entries in the series though.

Homecourt was also in native 1080p back in 2007. Looked really good. Overall, I felt the game was much better than NBA Street 3. It was more polished in my opinion.

-Digits-

If they rerelease vol. 2 on any home console, pc or portable they'll get all my money. I'd buy a console for it if I didn't own it, that's how much I loved that game.

with how SSX turned out, I don't want them to make a new one.

Let my memories of volume 2(oh god yes) and volume 3(still good) stay as they are

While Homecourt fucked up the gameplay, I believe it had a great soundtrack and found the concept great.

But yeah, they fucked up the gameplay.

NBA Street V3 was one of my biggest disappointments that gen. It wasn't bad but it was no NBA Street Vol. 2. Not even close.

Top Bottom