• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Ferrell to have a drum battle with Chad Smith (RHCP) on May 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/...drum-battle-set-for-may-22nd-on-jimmy-fallon/

For those of you who don't know... Will Ferrell kinda looks like Chad Smith, the drummer for RHCP.

n0809smithFerrell.jpg

Chad Smith has challenged Will Ferrell to a drum off, and Will accepted if they raised $300,000 for charity, which they did.

On May 22 on the Jimmy Fallon show, they will battle.

Who wins?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I never expected this news. The fact that Smith raised the challenge make him that much more badass. I'm hyped.

Zombine

Banned
This is how you have fun. I'm pretty sure most people who are familiar with both have wanted something like this for years!

Jonm1010

Banned
I know a lot of people don't like Will Ferrell but I think he's one of the coolest people in showbiz.

I honestly couldn't stand the guy on SNL but he's probably one of my favorite comedians around today. Not really because of his movies but because of all the little things he does in-between them: dodge commercials, impersonating Bush, showing up on a local news station as Ron Burgundy, showing up and doing the introductions for a Hornets game, accepting an ESPY for Tiger Woods. The list just goes on and on.

Aesius

Normally when you get two famous people who look alike next to each other, it becomes obvious that they don't actually look that much like.

But these two somehow look even MORE alike when sitting next to each other on the couch.

Mortemis

Banned
This is some good shit, lmao. Both were awesome.

I didn't even know about this, seeing this thread now and watching it without knowing made this even better. Great stuff.
Jesus christ flea is looking ancient there.

Yeah that kinda surprised me too.

someday

Banned
Normally when you get two famous people who look alike next to each other, it becomes obvious that they don't actually look that much like.

But these two somehow look even MORE alike when sitting next to each other on the couch.
Yeah, I was blown away by how much they look alike.

Kibbles

I thought as they both aged they would start looking different but nope they still look the same

Gustav

Banned
Why was Will playing drums to a backing track, though? Should have used his real drumming. That would have been much funnier.

JeTmAn81

Will did a good job on the drums imo.

Has sung and played guitar with Grohl too. Legend.

Yeah, he did a good job pantomiming but you can tell he can't play drums for real when he can't even keep the cowbell in time. Great idea though, and man do those guys look alike. I couldn't tell them apart at the beginning.

Joe

i thought it was chris kattan, horatio sanz, and fallon coming out in costume...then got disappointed :(

Kibbles

You sure he was fake drumming? Vid just looked out of sync but I'm on mobile so idk wasn't paying attention closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom