• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith is absolutely the worst actor at picking roles

Bragr

Banned
He was offered the part of Django in Django Unchained..... and turned it down.
I could see him being very good in that role.
Jamie Foxx was ok but not great in it.
Jamie Foxx, man, that guy has ducked a bad rep better than most in hollywood. Apparently he was a huge asshole when he was younger.

I remember that weird story where he ran into a hotel mad as fuck screaming they were racist because they got a white driver parking his car.

Ionian

Well, The Church of Scientology is known to recruit high-profile, closeted homosexuals so they could be blackmailed - Travolta, Cruise, Big Will...

Used to joke with my mate (he has family in it) that instead of 'going clear', was more like 'going queer'. For the actors you mentioned, mind you. Think his sister did but I'd just laugh about scientology as a whole. I remember as a teen the centres here in the city center, extremely aggressive recruiting. "FUCK OFF I'M 15!", wouldn't matter, would still try and get you in for a "Free Personality Test". Me with a bag of comics and metal/funk CDs, got no time for that.

anthony2690

Banned
Well, The Church of Scientology is known to recruit high-profile, closeted homosexuals so they could be blackmailed - Travolta, Cruise, Big Will...
I'm surprised that people still care or worry about coming out as gay, it seems widely accepted and normal now to me.

Surprised that people will allow themselves to blackmailed (are some off the above actors really rumoured to be gay though?)

Ionian

I'm surprised that people still care or worry about coming out as gay, it seems widely accepted and normal now to me.

Surprised that people will allow themselves to blackmailed (are some off the above actors really rumoured to be gay though?)

Ah no doubt, that's what my going clear (queer) joke was about. To be a member and get to the next level they audit any secrets or feelings you have, indeed they can imply and brain wash you into a recorded confession. Which they hold as blackmail. (Audit machine is laughable).

Powerful cult, so I get why people get taken in. They prey on people when they are weak to get your to admit to things. As I said some of mt mates family were in it. One guy after a while could remember being Julias Caeser and an astronaut, the weirdest shit. And recruiting, oh the recruiting ...

Honestly the loophole Hubbard found to avoid tax and con then blackmail people, even the fact it still works today? Fuck them, anyone who falls for that deserves it in my opinion. No sympathy for either side.

After that, you're fucked!

'Have you ever had any gay feelings?'
'no?'
'The Thetans disagree.'

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
What? After that Orcars fiasco, Will Smith can still get a job?

I think you misunderstand how many actors of his stature there are, or how few there are.

It's not all about being the best actor, or all about the following you have, or even all about your reputation. It's a bit of all three, his rep is damaged, but he's not Kevin Spacey and Hollywood doesn't hate him like they hate Megan Fox. He'll continue to do work on his reputation and if I had to put money on it, will be back fronting a triple A movies within 3 years. I imagine his people have worked out a plan, but my instant thought is that he'll do some films about worthy subjects for a while and will do interviews apologising to the world for his behaviour (I saw he was on something this week doing just that). If he can convince Chris Rock to appear with him somewhere along the line he will. Etc. I would assume that'll do it.

He's still the Fresh Prince, he's still an Oscar winner, he's still got a giant following. Slapping Chris Rock will fade away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom