• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we ever see an Elite Beat Agents 2/Ouendan 3?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
While we're at it, let's discuss the outstanding stages from each game.

Anyone else have a hard time with Zoku on Ouendan 2? There's very few songs in the 3 games that have pacing issues (like some early easy/normal stages) but the rhythm of Zoku especially escapes me every time.

Watching the hidden S-Rank version makes my mind melt.

But I'll be darned if it isn't supremely catchy.

OLE! OLE! Oretachi! OLE! OLE! Jounetsu!
OLE! OLE! Samurai! OLE! OLE! Nihonjin!

Ouendan 2 is always such a joy to play. Can't think of a single wasted song spot.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I dont think we'll see another EBA title due to its disappointing sales (and how they went through lots of troubles localizating them). Its a shame, i will like a sequel. Its my favourite rhythm title besides rhythm heaven on the DS.

While we're at it, let's discuss the outstanding stages from each game.

Anyone else have a hard time with Zoku on Ouendan 2? There's very few songs in the 3 games that have pacing issues (like some early easy/normal stages) but the rhythm of Zoku especially escapes me every time.

Watching the hidden S-Rank version makes my mind melt.

But I'll be darned if it isn't supremely catchy.

OLE! OLE! Oretachi! OLE! OLE! Jounetsu!
OLE! OLE! Samurai! OLE! OLE! Nihonjin!

Ouendan 2 is always such a joy to play. Can't think of a single wasted song spot.

That was my first ever S-Ranked song~

Tousan wakatteru otoko to wa atsuku tsuyoku mamoru tame umaretan darou
Kaasan wakatteru ai su to wa shinji machi yurusu koto to wakachi au koto
Nakama yo ore wa iku ichido kiri mouretsu ni ikite mitai to omowanai ka
Koibito yo jinsei wa sayonara dake sa
Get up and go! Guts on goaaaaaaaaaal!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh... I've lost my hidden skills.

9B71pie.png

Should we turn this into a community thread?
I didn't realize how much hidden love GAF had for these excellent games!

I would hope a sequel is in the future for either of them but I doubt it'll happen. I love me some peripheral free rhythm games and Ouendan took up a lot of my time during the early DS days.

Those songs were infectious, I couldn't stop listening to Neraiuchi to the point that everyone living with me got sick of it.

mclem

I will admit it: EBA's Christmas stage was the first game to make me cry in years.

Like, not just tearing up. Flat out crying. The fact that I played it on Christmas Day made it even more touching. It totally caught me off guard.

I WILL NOT MAKE THAT LITTLE GIRL SAD! (Yelled through tears myself).

The mood whiplash levels were phenomenal, in part because they were *so* different to everything around them.

Ouendan 1+2 (together with Rhythm Tengoku GBA) were the only games I ever imported from Japan. It was a fucking hassle to do so, having had no PayPal back then (or at least Play-Asia didn't accept PayPal back then).
But it was SO FUCKING WORTH IT!
I love Ouendan and EBA to death.

osu! just isn't the same. osu!stream and osu!droid though...oh man, yes!

You're the meaning in my life. You're the inspiraaaaation. ;_; Always gets me. Id love a new EBA.

It's so fucking saaaaaaaad ;______;

If they'd do a new EBA they should use The Last Unicorn by America as the sad song. I'm dead fucking serious. Single most sad (sounding) song in existence. The song alone makes me teary eyed.

Zomba13

If you have an Android device get Osu! for Android.

Most of the benefits of Osu! PC but you get to use your finger on a touch screen and not a mouse.

deleted

Step 1 - Improve the account system on 3DS and WiiU
Step 2 - Release F2P Elite Beat Agents 2 with cross play
Step 3...
Step 4 - Bleeding wallets

Jintor

Did anybody play much multiplayer? That shit was intense. Dueling chefs on Jumpin' Jack Flash was some crazy shit.

Did anybody play much multiplayer? That shit was intense. Dueling chefs on Jumpin' Jack Flash was some crazy shit.

I played multiplayer once, with my then-girlfriend.

I had been cruising through Very Hard so I did a lot of posturing over how it's a rhythm game so it would be impossible to take it easy on her.

She crushed me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
One of the main reasons the DS not being region locked was awesome. If they ever do a third episode, I'd never be able to play it legally.

Thank to this thread, I'm going to dig my Ouendan carts out and play some of it on the 3DS.

Guess Who

Banned
If they announce EBA2 for 3DS I will instantly purchase a 3DS no questions asked.

brb having flashbacks to beating Sekai wa Sore o Ai to Yobundaze on expert hidden mode and breaking the score counter at 9999999

zigg

One of the main reasons the DS not being region locked was awesome. If they ever do a third episode, I'd never be able to play it legally.
I agree with you in principle, of course… but I'd probably have to import a Japanese 3DS anyway if there were another entry. I am that weak-willed.

llehuty

Count me in for an eshop 3DS/WiiU version with DLC. I couldn't avoid smiling all the time while playing this.

Rhythm paradise/heaven + this were glorious on the DS.

If you have an Android device get Osu! for Android.

Most of the benefits of Osu! PC but you get to use your finger on a touch screen and not a mouse.

Just download it this (osu! Stream is called in the iphone) but the track selection is mostly garbage apart from the portal 2 ending that is free and some VVVVV songs from a pack that costs money. There seems to not be a wide free selection done by fams like the pc game. Theres like less than 20 songs total and only 7 of them are free. Dont know if the android version is better.

jamsy

Yeah, Ouendan 1 and 2 are my favorite DS games by far.

Elite Beat Agents was a huge disappointment since I absolutely hated the songlist. I'm no japanophile but the quirky, catchy, weird Jpop/Jrock songs (and stories that went along with them) suited the game so much better.

But yeah, would absolutely love a sequel. Too bad the company seems to be busy making karaoke games I'm not interested in..

shaowebb

I hate rhythm games...normally. I made an exception of Ouendan because of Guts Da Ze as I am a major Ulfuls fan. Pleasantly got sucked into the insanity of that game. Sooooooo good.

I didn't believe that I could possibly enjoy EBA back when it first released, i'd convinced myself that me and rhythm games have no rhythm, one friend of mine was singing this games praises from pre release and onwards, usually his opinions on games are kind of bad so I chalked this one up to his usual madness.
After like a year of praise from him (witnessing his mental destruction at the hands of jumpin' jack flash as well) and a few fumbling forays into the download play multiplayer (getting my ass kicked of course) I decided it was time to take the plunge, why the hell did I wait so long?!
EBA (and Ounedan 2) are easily among my top DS games, they also join the ranks of the few video games that got me to open up to an entire genre I had ignored.
Who knows if we'll ever see one again and I have my doubts but I would be there, Day 1, all of my money.

Just last week I was walking through a local HMV and "The Anthem" started playing and when trying to figure out where i'd heard it before I suddenly remembered the washed up baseball player saying "you bet kid!", the power of the EBA right there, that one also had the EBA arrive in a teacup, so much greatness.

Ouendan 2, Glamorous Sky, done.

All the songs are amazing, but Glamorous Sky is my favorite.
This would be my choice as well.
Though Samurai Blue is probably the one I find most fun to play.

In fact I might have to go play it later.

Well it was my introduction to the game, those punishing tiny beat markers when you're losing were not a beneficial introduction at that.

LiamR

Doesn't sounds like it. I spoke to the developers and it seems EBA 2 was discussed. Ouendan 3 was prototyped on 3DS as well:

Top Bottom