• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will we get a new NCAA Football game this console generation?

Will we get a new NCAA Football game this Generation

• Yes

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

AJUMP23

Gold Member
With the advent of new consoles hope springs eternal for a new NCAA football game. Do you think that we will see one during the new console cycle with all teams being liscened?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yes but it will be a while. I would set the total at a release within 5 years. I would go over 5 years.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Not until they figure out how to license and pay the players for their likeness, which was why the games disappeared in the first place.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Not unless they plan on paying the players. The NCAA blood suckers caught a bunch of legal Ls, and this is one area where they can't keep exploiting free labor.

Dthomp

Yes of course, but be prepared for basically college Madden. They will secure the team rights and that will be it, no player likenesses (Completely unnecessary BTW) or real players in the game. People just want to play as their favorite school, recruit new players for their team and play the game. Imagine Madden without MUT, that's what EA College Football likely turns up as.

Andodalf

Banned
It is called EA College Football and not NCAA football.

Nah, there's just no title yet. They aren't working directly with the NCAA, but I'm sure they'll come up with something. They might go with some coach like Madden. Nick Saban Football anybody?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Nah, there's just no title yet. They aren't working directly with the NCAA, but I'm sure they'll come up with something. They might go with some coach like Madden. Nick Saban Football anybody?
I won't buy NICK SABAN Football. Too Much Bama Bias.

Spearheadz

Well lucky for you guys it looks like UCF 2 won’t even be in the game because your team doesn’t participate with the company EA is working to get licenses from

Huh? Are you calling AU "UCF 2"?

If so, Auburn appears to be affiliated with CLC. Or at least was in 2018.

Gamerguy84

I love college football. Would be the first game I've purchased off EA in a good while. Would be the only way my BIGXII team could beat Bama.

Andodalf

Banned
Huh? Are you calling AU "UCF 2"?

If so, Auburn appears to be affiliated with CLC. Or at least was in 2018.

Yeah Reddit keeps changing its mind about who’s in CLC and who isnt

I love college football. Would be the first game I've purchased off EA in a good while. Would be the only way my BIGXII team could beat Bama.

You just need Trevor Knight

Andodalf

Banned
Dd21O1N.jpg

Fox Mulder

Yes of course, but be prepared for basically college Madden. They will secure the team rights and that will be it, no player likenesses (Completely unnecessary BTW) or real players in the game. People just want to play as their favorite school, recruit new players for their team and play the game. Imagine Madden without MUT, that's what EA College Football likely turns up as.

I still play NCAA today and a college game with as many schools they can license, a dynasty mode, and deep creation features would be fine.

I still think it’ll be dog shit football like current Madden is. They’ll find a way to do Ultimate Team too, like getting cards of NFL players from their college days or retired legends or something.

Top Bottom