• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wind Waker fans: Ganon's Castle question

Ecrofirt

Yea, so I just beat the game. Now I've got a question about Ganon's castle.

Right before you face Ganon, you go into a big room with doors on your left and right, and a blocked wall in front of you. I believe I went through the door on the left , and the king tells me to memorize the way the room looks because it's very important. I have to memorize the floor and the candle placement and whatnot. I'll be damned if I could even figure out why, though. There seems to be no reason why I was supposed to look at that shit, as I didn't have to use any of the info from that room at all when facing phantom ganon to get the light arrows.

And as for the door on the right? I walked in there once, and the camera panned to 4 switched on the wall, and the room had water in it. I walked out of there, and never went back in.

Can someone care to tell me why the hell I was supposed to memorize the one room's layout, and what the other room was there for if I didn't have to do anything in it at all?

Ecrofirt said:
Yea, so I just beat the game. Now I've got a question about Ganon's castle.

Right before you face Ganon, you go into a big room with doors on your left and right, and a blocked wall in front of you. I believe I went through the door on the left , and the king tells me to memorize the way the room looks because it's very important. I have to memorize the floor and the candle placement and whatnot. I'll be damned if I could even figure out why, though. There seems to be no reason why I was supposed to look at that shit, as I didn't have to use any of the info from that room at all when facing phantom ganon to get the light arrows.

And as for the door on the right? I walked in there once, and the camera panned to 4 switched on the wall, and the room had water in it. I walked out of there, and never went back in.

Can someone care to tell me why the hell I was supposed to memorize the one room's layout, and what the other room was there for if I didn't have to do anything in it at all?

King would appear if you hit the switch with the boomerang... noob. So you could go back to the world above.

Joe Molotov

Ecrofirt said:

If you hit the switches in the right order there, you can leave the castle.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
And the laughing is for what? I beat Ganon pretty easily, so it doesn't look like I needed to warp up anyway.
I was laughing at the warp point. I did not see it's purpose.

Ecrofirt

Kon Tiki said:
I was laughing at the warp point. I did not see it's purpose.
Ah, ok then. Sorry to sound bitter :)

Still don't understand why I was supposed to memorize the candle placement and floor tile design and whatnot in the other room.

Vlad

Ecrofirt said:
Ah, ok then. Sorry to sound bitter :)

Still don't understand why I was supposed to memorize the candle placement and floor tile design and whatnot in the other room.

It has to do with the order you hit the switches, IIRC. You had to use the multi-lock on the boomerang and hit the switches in a certain order on one throw, and the details in the other room told you what the order was.

Top Bottom