• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 10 live tiles reportedly getting killed by Microsoft

Do you like live tiles in your Windows 10 start menu?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • I don't use Windows 10

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Gargus

Banned
I killed them within about 30 minutes of when I first installed windows 10.

Only windows 10 feature I use is the start menu. I like the click of one button I have programs, power, and shortcut icons I can add to the right of the box. Everything else I changed back to a standard windows looking desktop.

Mistake

One biggest pain in the ass I learned recently is how Microsoft actually demands companies to have them put driver settings in their store. That way it’s not bundled with the driver and just makes more problems. The MS store needs to die along with it. The whole team that designed 10 should be fired

Last edited:

emmerrei

Next step, remove completly all that useless ecosystem called UWP. Light up the OS, and less trash to looking at (for them at Microsoft to manage and give support. The Windows Store, from the 90' it's called web browser. If someone was using things like "Weather" or "News" we had them too before, they were called Widgets.

Alx

Even if I liked the live tiles on mobile, I don't use them that much on PC (even if I still prefer the start screen to the menu). There's no info I need to be displayed live there (and I don't get to see the tiles that often anyway).

pr0cs

On the phone os version you could argue that they had purpose since they were always front facing.
On the pc though they make no sense and on the Xbox they don't need MORE things to slow the OS down.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Any chance MS shifts to an OS that resembles somethIng traditional like Windows 7?

Windows 10 is terrible.

Hey, let’s change it up so we got rainbow boxes everywhere! And like every OS update let’s change where various settings and options are for sake of change!

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Honestly don't think I've ever used them.

Start menu>Llookup app> Drag link to task bar> Done.

As an aside does anyone ever use Cortana? Because I sure as shit don't

Last edited:
Top Bottom