Get the newest version of OblyTile here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1899865
1. Give the tile a title, this is used in start screen searches. If you want to keep the tile clean you can check "Hide Name" to not display the title on the start screen.
2. Add the path to the exe of the program you are creating a tile for. Arguments can be added for doing this such as opening Steam in Big Picture Mode by adding the argument "-bigpicture"
Alternatively, you can paste any path into the program field, such as "http://www.neogaf.com/" and it will open up in your default browser (desktop browsers only), or you can link to a local file and it will open in the program associated with that filetype, or enter the path to a drive/folder and it will open in explorer.
3. Choose the tile image. You do not need to keep the tile at this location, it is copied to a folder in C:\Program Files\OblyTile\
The rest of the fields for tile sizes will automatically be populated with the main tile image unless you input a specific image for that size.
4. Background colors are used when tile art has any transparency, this can be set to any color by using the samples or the color picker.
5. Click "Save Tile" and it is added to the end of your Start Screen. Then just position it wherever you want by clicking and dragging it.
6. If you want to change a tile after creating it, open obly tile, select it from the list of created tiles, edit any of the options, save, and reposition it.
To arrange tiles in to groups, drag a tile into an empty space beside an existing group until you see a faint bar appear. Drop the tile on the bar and it will form a new group you can add more tiles to. To name groups, zoom out (ctrl scroll down, ctrl -, or click the icon in the bottom right of the start screen.) Right click on an existing group and click the name group icon in the bottom left of the screen.
There have been some instances of tile art disappearing. If this happens, re-open OblyTile and let it sit for a few seconds, or press the refresh button, to allow it to rebuild the tile cache.
Tiles must be a minimum of a 150x150 .png (recommend 300x300 to increase compatibility with different scenarios). W8 search and start screen zoom uses a separate icon, so if you want a different crop of the icon or something else to appear in searches include an additional 30x30 .png, otherwise the large tile can be used for this and is re-sized automatically.
Any graphic can be used to fill that square, or you can make use of transparency to allow the user to customize it on their own colors. A title can be set on tiles by the user, so you can design tiles around there being a user defined title, a logo on the art, or no branding at all.
I will keep the post updated with tiles for as long as I can, to help people easily find what they are looking for. For your tiles to be added they need to follow this format, to keep the process of organizing them efficient
- Title each tile set in your post so that people can easily tell what they're looking at.
- Include, in code tags, the title of each tile set, linked to your post, and your name in parenthesis.
- Multiple tile sets can be included in each post, just include redundant links to your posts with the title of each set.
- If a tile is intended to be used for a specific size please not it with, for example, "- wide".
Code format; please copy and paste everything inside the code tags and edit it to include your information (remove the * from the code tags)
[CODE*][url~="url of your post here"]title of the tile set[/url] (your username)[/CODE*]
MrBig said:Dark Souls
[url~="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43768865&postcount=1"]Dark Souls[/url] (MrBig) [url~="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43768865&postcount=1"]Halo 2[/url] (MrBig) [url~="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43768865&postcount=1"]Planetside 2[/url] (MrBig)
I will continue to update the OP for as long as people continue to post in this format