• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Arcade Machine idea.

dovella

in the last period, all the historical videogames companies have ridden the wave of retrogaming, the last one is SNK with the Neo Geo mini, and this already seems a resounding success in Japan. however, there is another very profitable segment even if it is not sold by any big producer that is that of the retrogaming on bartop , where you use Windows PC based emulator (for the expert who emulates accurately), and raspberry (for those who emulate in an approximate way). And it is precisely here that my idea is born. I have already built a Bartop with all the Sanwa components and a Windows PC Mini based on Intel Apollo Lake CPU, where not only the emulation runs perfectly, but also many native Windows titles run in a divine way. Since it would be extremely difficult to get all the rights and licenses of the old Arcade titles, not to mention the proprietary consoles, my idea was to create a Bartop with mini Windows PC, and insert a store with all the native titles for Windows that they adapt to the factoring form of the bartop Arcade. Once the ecosystem is created it would be enough to establish a partnership with the developers to publish the titles on the Bartop and not only on Steam. In my bartop I use an emulator that converts the Arcade commands to input the Windows gamepad, and so I can play with many titles in a mini cabinet,
I'd like something like this to be produced by GOG or Steam.
Does this sound like a good idea? That is to filter all the games suitable for the Arcade commands and compatible with the available resources of the PC.
This is my bartop ,
Forget where I also experimented with some Arcade or SNES games
# Toki (Arcade )
#DariusBurstCS (Windows)
#Pinball FX2 (Windows)

#Bubble Symphony (Arcade)
#Super Mario World (SNES)
#Metal Slug 4 (Arcade)
#Hokuto No Ken (Arcade Naomi )
#Sonic (Megadrive/Genesis)
#Geometry Dash (Windows)
#Horizon Chase Turbo (Windows )
#WonderBoy Dragon Trap (Windows)

Mini PC Beelink AP34 (Windows 10 )
Front End LaunchBox
Emu Core powered by Libretro Retroarch .

Last edited:
Top Bottom