• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 01

Kuzuki sensei confirmed for producer
W9SGptK.jpg

OvsouZk.jpg

QPqQTpQ.jpg

Shirobako 1
Yep, it's all about the animation industry alright.
And are they making a reference to initial d with all that crazy driving, cause I swear they are(I never watch the anime mind you)

Theonik

Shirobako 1
And are they making a reference to initial d with all that crazy driving, cause I swear they are(I never watch the anime mind you)
I would wager than they are. Not the first time I see an Initial D joke in an anime, and the first example to come to mind was an older Mizushima work, Dai Mahou Touge.

Shirobako 2
I can't take that part seriously.
Jesus Christ I laughed my ass off when they suddenly pop out of nowhere with light show and everything.
And guys, overworking is bad for you. Better alive than dead you see.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It was quite popular. Mekakucity wasnt so good but thats not common for Shaft.
I think the source material wasnt very good to begin with.

Yeah, Mekaku City Actor story is okay individually as a song. It become a mess when the author try to connect all the song into one coherent story.

I like all Mekaku City/Kagepro song though.

Paranoia Agent
overall though
One of the best tv series that i've ever watch. In this series, Satoshi Kon highlight some of issues that is prominent in Japan at the time this series is made, and i believe it still relevant till today. Troubled youth, chuunibyou, toxic working environment, irresponsibility, unhealthy fascination toward mascot, otaku culture, family issues, parental abandonment, chained by past.

What started as a thriller soon turn into a mix of fantasy, horror, surreal, and postmodern work. Satoshi Kon is known for his work that try to mix a modern day reality with surreal or dream imagery, and it show.

Each episde have it own motive, related to the character featured in that episode. Every episode is a piece of puzzle given to viewer to solve the mystery. Who is shonen bat? What's the connection between the victim? What's the meaning of the prophetic vision?

Note to worthy, it probably have the funniest episode about group suicide (I feel so wrong laughing to the episode, but goddamn its brilliantly funny!). It feel so damn wrong, but funny at the same time.

The moral of the story can be interpreted in many way, making it fun to discuss and will make the viewer try to make their own analysis and see other opinion regarding the whole show (at least that's what i did).

Overall, i enjoy the whole show. Its ambitious, full of creativity, and the ending deliver.

phaze

Flowers of Evil 01-02

Oh I get it. So this is an "awful people doing awful things to each other" show. I knew that there was going to be some
blackmail
situation but I'd no clue it would happen over something so hmmm odious. Whatever is coming to you Kasuga, you sure earned it. And who the hell leaves their gym wear in school ? That's like asking for pranks to happen. Bring it back home and wash it you sickos.

The music feels like more something more out of suspense thriller than a high school drama. On the visual side - lovely backgrounds so far. There was one ugly scene where characters walked closer to the camera and the additional details started to pop up but other than that I don't mind the rotoscoping much bah I really like the much more realistic character models.

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 01

Kuzuki sensei confirmed for producer

Guess Ill watch and see if it has any redeeming qualities. The first series had a lot of beloved characters but this is a bunch of unknowns.

Shirobako 1

Yes it is absolutely Initial D reference.

What's wrong with you?
What wrong is that it had a completely incomprehensible, scattershot of a story, a cast of entirely uninteresting characters and Hajime was immensely tiresome and brought down every scene she was in, CGI that looked absolutely atrocious not to mention the show was clearly cheaply made in the first place which then leads us to that trainwreck of a final episode that looks like they finished 2 minutes before it aired with zero quality control going into it.

The one pointer I will give it was that I found Katze to be an interesting villian, personality-wise, too bad he's trapped in such an terrible show.

~wan

Jex

I thought Gatchaman was mostly disliked here?

Not really, it was a pretty good show marred by production difficulties that really crippled the ending. Luckily the directors cut content fixed that and most people who've seen the show with that seem to appreciate it.

Garo Episode 13

OP is better than the first, especially the song, still Jam Project cant do a good song for beans still.

I wish they didnt make Leon seem all week, but I loved this episode for him.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh hell yes, new Producer-san looks awesome. Was wondering if I should catch up first but I'll start watching Cinderalla Girls too.

Jex

[G-Reco] - 15

That conversation scene at 16 minutes in was indescribable. Tomino is too powerful.

I didn't realize that both Shirobako and Your Lie in April were both two cours. I've watch the first 12 episodes of both, but putting them on the shelf until the whole season wraps up.

Grexeno

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 25

Stands! Joseph Joestar's Engrish cursing! Polnareff being the butt monkey of the entire universe! Black censor smudges of doom! Yes, JoJo is finally back, unfortunately with missteps in both the OP and ED.

dan2026

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 25

Stands! Joseph Joestar's Engrish cursing! Polnareff being the butt monkey of the entire universe! Black censor smudges of doom! Yes, JoJo is finally back, unfortunately with missteps in both the OP and ED.

Have to disagree there. The ending is perfect.
Half agree on the opening. But it is growing on me.

Also if anyone want to see the Jolyne commercial.
Have some girls gone wild.

http://a.pomf.se/mlftmt.mp4

Assassination Classroom Episode 1: Assassination Time

My favorite OP of the season, its so nice to see them all so happy, and Karma kun and everyone singing. Also funny thinking of Terasaka jumping like that.

Loved everyone moment, though the lab scene is still something I wish the source addressed.

Everyone looks so great animated. Terasaka!
B67X83hCQAAoRe3.png
B67XHevCYAEjqAQ.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess Ill watch and see if it has any redeeming qualities. The first series had a lot of beloved characters but this is a bunch of unknowns.
When I first watched iM@S it was basically just unknowns for me so and technically any other idol is just the same.
The pacing is completely different for this first episode compared to iM@S', so you're not introduced to a whole lot of characters in one go.

Berserk - 01-25 [Final?]

Oh man that last episode was thoroughly disturbing...

This was a really good show so far. The 3 main characters, Guts, Griffith and Casca were well developed and I was particularly impressed by how smoothly their respective background story was gradually revealed. Animation is pretty good...when it's there that is. Episode 25 was definitely the animation highlight so far with all the detailed fiends. Have a bunch more to say but...can't be bothered right now.

I wonder though, where does it continue? Heard s.th. about Golden Age or so?

Clov

Berserk - 01-25 [Final?]

This was a really good show so far. The 3 main characters, Guts, Griffith and Casca were well developed and I was particularly impressed by how smoothly their respective background story was gradually revealed. Animation is pretty good...when it's there that is. Episode 25 was definitely the animation highlight so far with all the detailed fiends. Have a bunch more to say but...can't be bothered right now.

The story continues in the manga; that's all for the TV anime! If you want a somewhat different version of the same events with CG battles rendered by a Gamecube, there's the three new movies by Studio 4C.

Berserk - 01-25 [Final?]

the movies end it a bit further at the actual closing of the golden age arc unless I'm remembering the anime wrong. After that it turns into badass monster hunter guts.

Berserk - 01-25 [Final?]

That's all there is anime wise. If you want more you have to read the manga

The story continues in the manga; that's all for the TV anime! If you want a somewhat different version of the same events with CG battles rendered by a Gamecube, there's the three new movies by Studio 4C.

the movies end it a bit further at the actual closing of the golden age arc unless I'm remembering the anime wrong. After that it turns into badass monster hunter guts.

That's all there is anime wise. If you want more you have to read the manga

Oh man, really? What a fucking tease :(

I mean...
it does reconnect to episode 1 pretty well I suppose if one just assumes Guts somehow escapes and ... becomes more badass or s.th. But eh, that is a rather unsatisfying ending of the anime series then.

So I guess either I take a look at the last movie to get a longer finale or I have to dive into the manga hmm. Am not really much of a manga reader but Berserk is considered to be pretty great, right? Nr.1 #MAL but then again what good is MAL. Though "badass monster hunter guts" doesn't necessarily sound like s.th. I'd be interested in, so I'd probably finish after the arc is over.

Death Parade Episode 1: Death: Seven Darts

It has its moments but otherwise, the OP was the only good part.

Couldnt really care for either of the characters or their lives as its just too short a time with them. Neither were even good characters anyway.

I thought she was being honest then was lying in the confession thing as it seemed like she wouldnt have had an affair. Is the void > reincarnation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom