• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

Lettuce

giphy.gif

Shame some more WipeOut 1, 2 and 3 tracks wont be included!!. I know on the whole Wipeout 1 tracks arent the best design but there still 3 i have nostalgia for

Melchiah

I hope the Pro version will be supersampled on 1080p displays, with possibly some additional effects, like better anisotropic filtering.

I can't. Requires permission from Sony and cooperation from the studio in question. Unless they are watching / listening and are interested, I can't do it :(

I mean, I could make an incredible one for my dev kit, but it would stay there forever :p

Yo if y'all could do a dynamic theme for the Omega Collection...

Sony if you're listening please make that happen.

Jumplion

I literally just went back to WipeoutHD+Fury to gold medal all the events a few weeks ago, I wanted to get all the trophies but there's no more servers for the online trophies, so I'm fucking ecstatic!

Murkas

Is this 3 separate games in a collection or one launcher with all 3 games tracks and ships combined in one?

Vally

Wipeout 2048 in HD

God is real

EDIT: I'll use this post to test the layout of the upcoming OT

NExjrZ3.png

WIPEOUT IS BACK!

• GENRE > Anti-Gravity Racing
  • PLATFORM > PS4
  • RELEASE DATE > June 6th (NA) / June 7th (EU)
  • DEVELOPERS > Sony XDev Europe / Clever Beans / EPOS Game Studios
  • PUBLISHER > Sony Interactive Entertainment

Sf20jfV.png

09Shw5x.png
oeNT2sS.png
gKjEoAk.png

WipEout Omega Collection is a remaster of these three previous titles in the series: Wipeout HD / Wipeout HD Fury (PS3) and Wipeout 2048 (Vita). All the game modes from the original games are included, along with enhanced graphics and a new soundtrack.

WIPEOUT HD >
  • 12 TEAMS
    C0ijuKL.png
    FEISAR | Qirex-rd | Piranha Advancements | AG-Systems | Triakis | Goteki 45 | EG.X Technologies | Assegai Developements | Mirage | Harimau | Auricom | Icaras
  • 5 GAME MODES
    UUi0IMN.png
    Single Race | Tournament | Zone | Speed Lap | Time Trial
  • 8 TRACKS: Vineta K | Anulpha Pass | Moa Therma | Chenghou Project | Metropia | Sebenco Climb | Ubermall | Sol 2
WIPEOUT HD FURY >
  • 3 ADDITIONAL GAME MODES
    aM0LlWi.png
    Zone Battle | Eliminator | Detonator
  • NEW CAMPAIGN MODE
  • 8 ADDITIONAL TRACKS: Talon's Junction | The Amphiseum | Modesto Heights | Tech De Ra | Pro Tozo | Mallavol | Corridon 12 | Syncopia

WIPEOUT 2048 >
  • 5 TEAMS: FEISAR | Qirex | AG Systems | Auricom | Pir-hana. Since this is a prequel set in 2048, when the anti-gravity racing is beginning to emerge, there are not many established teams yet. However, each one of the teams has several ship variants (Speed, Fighter, Agility, Prototype) focusing on different strengths.
    MDY5lgM.png
  • 9 TRACKS: Unity Square | Metro Park | Queens Mall | Capital Reach | Empire Climb | Rockway Stadium | Downtown | Subway | Sol | Altima

Table with all the tracks and the game modes in which they're available.Thanks to Shin-Ra for making this!
34953128141_685fd707bc_o.png

BqVQXox.png

RETAIL PRE-ORDER >
  • Steelbook edition of WipEout Omega Collection.
    vD07rJH.png
  • Downloadable PS4 themes featuring four WipEout teams: Feisar, Quirex, Auricom and AG-Sys.
    DLmlAhH.png

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER >

cOeTY1e.png

• Dynamic Theme
  • Exclusive avatars
  • Van Uber ship
  • Digital artbook

JWW1DuG.png

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER >
  • Split screen for 2 players
ONLINE MULTIPLAYER >

• From 2 to 8 players
  • Online game modes: Single Race, Eliminator/Combat, Zone Battle and Tournament.
  • 3 online trophies (Finishing 10 races, winning 10 races and destroying 50 ships in Eliminator). No 'Bling Brigade' trophy!

c16DmUl.png

The visuals in WipEout Omega Collection are even better on a PS4 Pro, thanks to a variety of improvements:

• High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology for more vibrant colours
  • Dynamic 4K resolution
  • Faster and smoother frame rates at 60fps

0VODM10.png

The game features 28 licensed tracks in total, consisting of a mix of classic tracks from previous Wipeout games and brand new tracks as well.

TRACKLIST >

01 ADDIKTION – Shake It (WipEout Omega Instrumental Edit)
02 Airwolf – Talking Bass feat. Stace Cadet (Taiki Nulight Edit)
03 Black Sun Empire & State of Mind – Kill That Noise (WipEout Omega Edit)
04 Boys Noize – XTC (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
05 Brodinski feat Louisahhh – Let The Beat Control Your Body
06 Carbon Community vs. Burufunk – Community Funk (Deadmau5 remix)
07 David Tort & Danielle Simeone – You Got To (WipEout Omega Edit)
08 DC Breaks – Breathe (Instrumental VIP Mix)
09 CODE:MANTA – DFCK
10 Dillon Francis & NGHTMRE – Need You (DJ Hanzel & Drezo Remix)
11 DJ Kentaro feat. Matrix & Futurebound – North South East West (Tha New Team Remix)
12 Emika – Double Edge (GeRM Remix)
13 James Talk – Remote (Deadmau5 Remix)
14 Jerome Isma-Ae & Paul Thomas – Tomorrow (Luke Chable Remix)
15 Krakota – Lust Thrust
16 Matrix & Futurebound – Glow Worm
17 Matt Anthony – Headlights
18 Memtrix – IC YR PAIN
19 Metrik – Bring It Like That
20 Movement Machina & Timo Vaittinen – Upsides Have Downsides (WipEout Omega Edit)
21 Noisia & The Upbeats – Dead Limit
22 Red One – Born Free
23 Soundprank – Obsidian
24 Swanky Tunes – Give It
25 Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party – Antidote (Swedish House Mafia Dub)
26 The Chemical Bros – C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l
27 The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die
28 Warden – Get Down

XzFeOko.png

To celebrate the return of WipEout, musicGAF is also back with G.A.M.E. OMEGA EDITION, a new album in the G.A.M.E. series which includes custom tracks made specifically for the occasion by fellow GAF members.

Big thanks to m0dus for creating the artwork and hosting the album!

Download G.A.M.E. Omega Edition [MP3 320kbps]

TRACKLIST >

01 InaudibleWhispa - Dystopia
02 kogasu - Retrograde (Omega Mix)
03 The Kree - Disgusting & Despicable
04 NRV - Eris [NintendoRev]
05 Hamster Alliance - Disruptor Cannon [Hamst3r]
06 djplaeskool - The Belmondo Prototype
07 The Kree - 357 Bitches
08 Maher Al-Samkari - mission[Ctrl] [m0dus]
09 Neurochasm - Structure
10 Rösti - Turbo Encabulator
11 Octdron - Weaponized Guilt [jorgeton]
12 kogasu - Limitless Rush
13 The Kree - Little Ben
14 Sadsic - Dreamwater Odyssey (ft. Alexander Aultman)
15 The Kree - Under My Control
16 vonStirlitz - Anything Can Happen (Live from GAFcentral)
17 Octdron - Zone Three [jorgeton]
18 George Hefner - Acceleration [Nyx]
19 paxwilde - wastegate [subwilde]
20 Vally ft. Steelyvibe - Wild Crowd
21 NRV - College Culture [NintendoRev]
22 vonStirlitz - The Art of Dying

Alternative covers:

How to listen to custom music while playing?

- You can use the Media Player to play your own media files, either off of a USB Device, or a Media Server connected to the same network. The app can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store or your Library.
- While you are playing a game you can perform some simple controls right from the Quick Menu (hold PS Button). (Pause/Play, Next/Prev Track, adjust volume...)
- You can also re-open the media application again to select the music, but your game will go into Suspended state, so be careful not to drop out of an online multiplayer session!
- The Media Player does not automatically disable in-game music, so you might need to manually disable it in the game's settings.

BLQtNRa.png

NFTg42Y.png

(Thanks to 2blackcats for the OT title!)

A3Sm183.gif

Yes! I've been wanting to play this series for years. Played a little bit of one of the games on PS2, but just never really picked it up.

2017 is really going to be a crazy year for Sony.

Now if we can just get an F-Zero GX HD remaster with online for the Switch, I'll be golden.

W.S.

Great to see this come out!

I have it on PS3 already I'd gladly buy it again to support the Wipeout brand.

Having played a lot of HD/Fury on PS3 I'm really looking for something new. Not played or seen anything of 2048 on Vita so hopefully this can be that new game of wipeout for me.

Is it different to HD/Fury? What makes it so good, briefly.

2048 has a decent campaign and unique presentation for the series. It had a lower frame rate and lacked race box. The tracks were designed for a hand held so they're a bit more forgiving. But there are some pretty tough short cuts in some maps that will be easier to appreciate on console I think. So it might translate better than I expect.

My blood ran cold when I saw this thread. Holy shit I'm so happy about this. I have a giant TV and a Pro and oh my god this is going to be great. Can't wait to jump into zone and get sick lol

Jimm

I'm disappointed it's not a new Wipeout, I've played these 3 to death already. But I love the franchise so much I'll buy it day 1

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
It looked pretty much finished from the trailer, I was sure this was gonna be the big "available now" thing of the show lol.
This and TLoU warmed my heart the most today. HD and Fury are in my Top 5 PS3 games.

ty_hot

wipeout is so much fun, basically playstation's mario kart for me. love the soundtrack as well. take my money.

Top Bottom