• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 - 1.07 Patch now live

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Going to have to disagree.

Dark Souls II restricted your movement when of rolling/attacking in specific directions, you had a lot less control in terms of direction and of your overall character because of this.

The reason it was like this, was because they removed things like dead angles and reverse rolls.

Example:

Dark Souls II rolling/attacking:

xuevBsN.png

Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne rolling/attacking:

TdCGexj.png

This is straight away what switching to the new movement felt like to me, very reminiscent of the differences between DkS1/Bloodborne and DkS2. It's nothing to do with crappy framerate, it's more to do with restricting your directional options.

Ah, I thought you were just talking about how fast your character responds to you pushing in a direction.

Gattsu25

Banned
Original stick movement: Dark Souls II

New, alternate stick movement: Dark Souls 1 / Bloodborne.

This is pretty much the experience that I had.

The revelation at how much better the new controls were was the pretty much the same feeling as when I returned to DarkSouls1 after completing DarkSouls2 and felt how much better the controls were in the original.

It's no Dark Souls, but it definitely feels a lot more responsive and precise.

Auctopus

Played the new patch last night.

All the graphical stuff is nice and I think the game's running smoother without blur etc.

HOWEVER, does anyone notice a weird stutter (framerate) every time you're moving at a certain speed? Eg. jogging as Geralt or pushing the left stick forward with Roach. It was actually making me feel a little bit sick last night.

Lt-47

So has anyone tested turning off motion blur/blur on PS4 and going to the swamps?

Yep, it feel slightly smoother like going from 20 to 25 fps but it's still not ideal ( and i like motion blur ). I wish someone made a frame rate comparison between the 2 options.

Gusy

Might be Placebo, but I'm almost certain that they cranked up the draw distance a little bit. I feel like I'm seeing trees drawn in the distance that I couldn't see before. Hope to see a comparison soon.

Novigrad also feels a little bit more stuttery for me. But perfectly playable. (PS4)

In my opinion this game is a technical masterpiece. I've found myself in situations where I simply couldn't believe all the stuff the engine was pushing, especially for PS4 level hardware. What an incredible world CDPR has created. GOTY for me at the moment.

I'm running 2x780Ti on my rig.

I've noticed that im getting quite bad stutter, but not all the time.

I run full screen, unlimited fps on a G-Sync Monitor.

It didn't start out that way but i guess with the new versions of the game and updated drivers its crept in.

I'm using 353.06 driver as i feel this is the best.

I read somewhere that changing the PhysX from recommended to CPU reduces stuttering, is this true?

Any other tips?

d9b

Banned
In regard of post processing (PS4/XboxOne) ... Motion Blur is self explanatory, but what does disabling Blur actually do?

SaberEdge

Patch downloaded and installed without issue on my PC. Performance seems slightly better than before. Not necessarily in terms of average framerate, but it seems the frametimes are tighter on average.

I am getting some problems with texture maps not lining up properly. Other than that I really enjoy most of the changes they made. The alternative movement is better overall for me.

Coreda

Wanted to try the new features and see if I'd experience any bugs. The patch was 2.1GB from Galaxy and consumed 7GB of disk space (had thought it may be less post-patching but it wasn't). I have to wonder how much larger the base directory will get with upcoming patches. Defininately need a new SSD for the expansions.

Changed the settings back to what I had previously, continued a save and... no music. I didn't notice at first but neither the OST or in-world music played, which diminished the immersion for me as I'd become so used to it and made the world feel emptier. A relaunch fixed it though. Yay.

Love the stash and inventory filtering options. Wish that books could be stored in the stash as I'd rather keep a little library of interesting books/notes than carry, drop or sell them.

Coming back to Geralt's controls after playing the energetic isometric Lara Croft games felt so plodding :p Tried the alternate controls but ended up staying with the original.

Encountered a bug where Igni'ing a beehive didn't allow me to loot it afterward. There may be other regressions but I haven't discovered them so far. Some of the pre-1.07 bugs are still there like the crate walking anim but in general the new features are a great improvement. FPS felt about the same.

epmode

Galaxy just updated The Witcher 3 for some reason. The launcher still reads 1.07 but I noticed a pretty crazy bug shortly after loading the game. I climbed down a ladder and Geralt started jumping uncontrollably. It continued until combat started, stopped during the combat and started up again the instant combat ended. Problem persisted after reloading.

My controller's fine. The Windows controller options prove that it's not receiving any input from unpressed buttons.

Anyway, the problem went away after relaunching the game. Just thought it was weird.

So, I had previously completed the quest "Novigrad, Closed City", but after the patch it is now listed as failed. All the boxes for the quest under objectives are ticked as well.

oh, well. At least it's not game breaking.

In my game it was even dumber. I completed the quest and everything was fine, then it went into failed quests, then it disappeared, and now it's listed in the active ones with all the boxes ticked. I'm thrilled to find out what will happen to it when i install the 1.07 patch lmao.

I know this is a little late but I figured this quest out. It actually has several stages and I think earlier the game was incorrectly marking it as completed after finishing only a couple of them.

To continue the quest you need to go to the bridge in Novigrad that leads to the Temple Isles. Cross the bridge (towards the Temple Isle side) and keep walking a bit until you see a named NPC lady. You can talk to her and she'll ask you to help her with something. Do that and it will trigger the remaining stages.

Took a screenshot just to show you all the stages of the quest. The quest went from the failed list to active and then to completed after I had done it.

RedZaraki

Banned
The Halfling that sells bomb recipes is completely unreachable for me. There's a quest where you follow him after he runs from guards and I assume you're supposed to see a trigger when you find where he went, but it never fires and he's completely impossible to interact with.

Which means I can't use his shop, at all. I have multiple saves before ever meeting him and it's just completely impossible to unlock his shop if you haven't done the quest already.

Klocker

The Halfling that sells bomb recipes is completely unreachable for me. There's a quest where you follow him after he runs from guards and I assume you're supposed to see a trigger when you find where he went, but it never fires and he's completely impossible to interact with.

Which means I can't use his shop, at all. I have multiple saves before ever meeting him and it's just completely impossible to unlock his shop if you haven't done the quest already.

Yep, same here. Sucks

Karl Hawk

Banned
if i missed the caberet quest after doing
isle of mists
, is that gone forever? Hear that was a good one.

I don't think so, but you should do that quest and the next one after that (
Carnal Sins
) right away.

I know many people sing high praises for Bloody Baron, but there are plenty of awesome quests in Witcher 3

julrik

Are you talking about the halfling you meet in an alley, before he escapes and you have to use your Witcher Senses to find him, but it's broken/nothing to find?

If so, the same happened with me. Found him later, and had completely forgot about him, but as soon as I talked to him, the quest was completed.

This is where I found him. He's one of the two merchants (the furthest from the water), by the two boats, directly below Electors' Square.

Does anybody have the problem during the quest;
Get Junior: Talk to Vernon Roche in the partisan camp, were they are unable to interact Vernon Roche? I have tried reloading my save with absolutely no luck at all. I have the game patched to 1.07, and am wondering if anybody has a fix for this?

Does anybody have the problem during the quest;
Get Junior: Talk to Vernon Roche in the partisan camp, were they are unable to interact Vernon Roche? I have tried reloading my save with absolutely no luck at all. I have the game patched to 1.07, and am wondering if anybody has a fix for this?

i could swear this bug was in the patch notes for a previous patch

Klocker

Are you talking about the halfling you meet in an alley, before he escapes and you have to use your Witcher Senses to find him, but it's broken/nothing to find?

If so, the same happened with me. Found him later, and had completely forgot about him, but as soon as I talked to him, the quest was completed.

This is where I found him. He's one of the two merchants (the furthest from the water), by the two boats, directly below Electors' Square.

Yea. He's there for me just standing there but it will not let me interact with him. Tried meditation and saving and reloading and no dice

RedZaraki

Banned
He's at the spot mentioned, and even has a merchant symbol for him on the map, but there's no X button over his head at all. Can't interact with him.

danwarb

After complaining in the DF thread, for me the game is actually better now on Xbox. Controls and inventory are improved, frame rate is solid and I think the game might even look better.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just jumped to this patch. Last time I played was early June. I've disabled the motion blur and blur which makes it feel better to me but what is the Movement Response difference between Standard and Alternative?

Just jumped to this patch. Last time I played was early June. I've disabled the motion blur and blur which makes it feel better to me but what is the Movement Response difference between Standard and Alternative?

To me, the alternative movement mode makes Geralt's movement more direct and feel less dependent on weight. His old movement felt similar to GTA's Euphoria engine. The alternative feels more like a typical action RPG movement.

Anteater

I think alternative cut out some frames with the stopping/starting up movement animations (unless you sprint) so moving him is a lot snappier.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thanks guys. Does seem to be more responsive in movement. Kinda annoyed they upped the levels for armour. Everything I have is now a level 34 while I'm level 32 so I have no idea whats going to happen when I start a mission.

Also this location is still buggered for me along with some others.

omonimo

Banned
I tried this thing. It works for a bit but if I resetting to on seems the same fps. Weird.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
When are they going to fix the DLC quest that they broke?
The one with the wolf that won't die and disappears after u kill him.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.

Exact same thing I did and I had no issues related to FPS

Going to have to disagree.

Dark Souls II restricted your movement when of rolling/attacking in specific directions, you had a lot less control in terms of direction and of your overall character because of this.

The reason it was like this, was because they removed things like dead angles and reverse rolls.

Example:

Dark Souls II rolling/attacking:

xuevBsN.png

Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne rolling/attacking:

TdCGexj.png

This is straight away what switching to the new movement felt like to me, very reminiscent of the differences between DkS1/Bloodborne and DkS2. It's nothing to do with crappy framerate, it's more to do with restricting your directional options.

Wow, never found it so perfectly explained before and yeah, always hated what they did to both the camera control and movement in Dark Souls 2 :(

styl3s

I tried jumping in the other day but was completely lost and now i have a conundrum of do i restart and lose like 60 hours i have sunk into the game or continue playing with having forgot the previous 60 hours.

Technically i am not even that far into the game like 55 hours of that is just side mission stuff i still haven't done the boat thing or progressed the main story.

FirmBizBws

Is there a way to avoid the bug affecting Skellige's Most Wanted or does it always happen ?

Doesn't seem like it, tried everything. People even tried to
kill via poison and it doesn't work.

ZoyosJD

Took a screenshot just to show you all the stages of the quest. The quest went from the failed list to active and then to completed after I had done it.

Thanks for the effort, I managed to figure it out a while back. In the mean time card collector is unobtainable on 1.07 for me. The DLC qquest: Skellige's most wanted is broken for me as well. I've done about 90% of the quests possible in act one, sitting at level 33 so I'll be testing other completion related issues that may pop up soon.

Jimrpg

I feel like I'm getting a few frames slower with the latest version 1.07 on PC. Anybody else feel the same?

I'm running at high/medium 1440p with a GTX G1 970 and getting 57-60fps where as before it hardly dipped below 60fps. I'm tempted to overclock the card but have they fixed those launch bugs where it didn't work so well with overclocked cards?

Top Bottom