• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

Witcher 2 was the only Witcher game i've played and got upto Chapter 2 (3 chapters I think) before the gameplay got a bit old for me but part 3 has seriously got me intrigued because of the graphics and environmental/weather effects. I might grab it just cuz it looks so beautiful. I still have to get through half of Revelations 2 and finish off Bloodborne so I really shouldn't be buying anymore games but it's really hard to resist games that look like proper works of art.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
EvilChris (CDPR dev) tweeted it

Fore new page:

CD230dpWIAECDdK.jpg:orig

For some reason this particular shot has impressed me more than any other I've seen recently. There's something about a proper bustling town that strikes me harder than just wandering around in a field away from anyone else.

SaberEdge

The whole horizon is blob low definition mess that are easy to see if you are walking around seeing that ahead of Geralt, so I asked about the transition and that's okay. You can't be serious acting like a sudden total loss of definition on trees 50 yards from him is hard to see.

What's it for then? Don't be either excited or concerned by the clip they release?

I gave benefit of the doubt because of how unusual it looked and said it looked odd compared to the rest of the game so ya need to chill. It looks glitchy to me and I'm aware games use LOD, but that's an insane jump in LOD compared to even other shots in the game. Unity is notorious for aggressive LOD issues from high views.

You've got to be kidding with that Inquisition pic and even the others. Look at the HUD. That picture is so obviously messed up it looks ridiculous that you are using it like there's anything clear about it.

The Witcher shots are high res and not significantly hurt by compression so don't make your comparisons into a farce.

My point isn't to hate on those games. I'm just saying that it's easy to nitpick things in any game if that's your goal. The Dragon Age Inquisition shot is just to show that the foliage detail isn't always amazing. Yes, it has compression, but I don't care how clear of a screenshot you get of that spot it's never going to fundamentally change the composition of the scene. The trees aren't going to suddenly pop with detail or look much different.

SaberEdge

I'll say, while I agree with the sentiment, you keep using really shitty comparison screenshots of awful quality. Just stop, or at least use high quality screens to compare against the high quality W3 screens.

I understand where you're coming from. It's always best to use high quality screenshots where possible. My point really wasn't to compare those games, though I can see now why it would seem that way. I actually edited my post and added the Witcher 3 screenshot that he was referring to just so it was clear what we were talking about. It wasn't meant to be a direct comparison of quality. But I do think that, even with the compression, it's clear that those games aren't perfect either. Which was my whole point: it's easy to nitpick games if that is your goal, because any modern game is far from perfect.

For some reason this particular shot has impressed me more than any other I've seen recently. There's something about a proper bustling town that strikes me harder than just wandering around in a field away from anyone else.

Wow that looks great! It might be because they have used such realistic colours that it looks so awesome. The game in motion looks incredible, one of the best i've seen, on par if not better than The Order (the colours in the order were a little bit too drab for me).

Weird that they would send out only PS4 copies for review, at least intially, I would have figured PC. They must be confident in that version at the very least.

Reviewers are unable to spot technical issues with games, so don't think it means much.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

erawsd

Weird that they would send out only PS4 copies for review, at least intially, I would have figured PC. They must be confident in that version at the very least.

I doubt they are only sending out PS4 versions. Its likely a case where reviewers can pick whatever version they want.

SaberEdge

I suspect the foliage physics are keyed with 30 fps in mind so they look unnaturally sped up at 60.

They don't look sped up to me, just too strong or overdone. I guess the Witcher's world is a really windy place. I personally hope they get toned down somewhat. I love the dynamic foliage in general, but hopefully the full game has areas that aren't so windy as well.

Just wondering, has this game been made to PS4/XB1 specifications where the PC version gets few added things (denser foliage, increased draw distance, better AO, higher res textures, etc), plus the obvious framerate gain and image quality boost?

Mifec

Maybe because she hasn't aged as well.
Actually in the books it's implied that she uses magic to make herself appear prettier and that she used to be a hunchback.
All the sorceresses were ugly and had "defects" before they used magic to make themselves pretty. Even Triss.

Black Hat

Maybe because she hasn't aged as well.
Actually in the books it's implied that she uses magic to make herself appear prettier and that she used to be a hunchback.

Hmm I wonder if we will be able to
unlock a "Hunchback Yennefer" skin if we choose Triss?

Get on that CD Projekt Red... the Witcher waifu wars have begun

frontovik

Banned
Don't forget about Fringilla Vigo! The book readers will know who I am talking about. I'm sure she'll make an appearance in the Toussiant expansion.

Justinh

Hm...Triss? Yennifer? I think I might go with Triss when I play the game.

I just hope Sephiroth doesn't show up and ruin my chances again.

Top Bottom