• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With 360 marketplace shutting down soon will you be buying anything?

Jesb

The 360 marketplace gets shutdown in July this year. I’m looking it over now going through the games on their and curious what you guys are thinking of grabbing before it gets shut down for good. You’d think that most of the stuff on there would be really cheap all this time sitting on there, but still a lot on there I feel like is more than it should be.

StereoVsn

My 360 has been in storage for a long time and its not getting out, lol. So if I buy anything it would be BC titles whether digital or physical and those aren't going away. Well, it makes sense to buy anything physical sooner than later as I feel shutdown will drive up the prices.

Jesb

My 360 has been in storage for a long time and its not getting out, lol. So if I buy anything it would be BC titles whether digital or physical and those aren't going away. Well, it makes sense to buy anything physical sooner than later as I feel shutdown will drive up the prices.
Mine was too. I got a nostalgia crave when I was reading it was shutting down so I hooked it up last nite and went through the whole marketplace. I seen a few gems in there but not sure if there are versions on other platforms. Basically the whole games on demand section is not interesting since there are better versions on something else. Only the XBLA section is gonna have some stuff that may not be on something else but even those are also.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I think I have everything I want from there that wasn't already available on the new store.

Zuzu

I recently bought Call of Duty Classic. The price was too much for such an old game ($30 AUD) but I wanted the console version of the game.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I went through and grabbed everything I wanted (mostly og XBOX games) when video streaming was shut down for Xbox 360 in june 2020 (well for most apps I think netflix and maybe hulu still worked at the time)

Crazy that a marketplace for a console from 2005 is just now being shut down it had a good run

Any OG XBOX games that aren't supported on ONE/SERIES id recommend everyone pick up asap!

Jesb

I recently bought Call of Duty Classic. The price was too much for such an old game ($30 AUD) but I wanted the console version of the game.
At this point we should be seeing stuff on there for a few dollars. But the Xbox marketplace never had such deals.

xrnzaaas

Nope, I don't have the 360 anymore so I'm limited to buying BC games... and even that's tough since some of them were delisted already and they're only available for unreasonable prices on discs.

Last edited:

TexMex

I assumed 99% of the games available there are on the Series line marketplace anyway. Am I wrong or is this a non issue (unless you only own a 360)?

RAIDEN1

Well you STILL can't get Renegade Ops, about the closest we've ever had to a new Desert/Jungle Strike, I'd recommend to get that from the store a.s.a.p... it is surprising it remains on there and can't be B.C....not as if it has licensed Tanks and Helicopters, Outrun Coast to Coast isn't backwards compatible....we haven't had anything this generation that is as good as Alpha Protocol, or even a decent James Bond game in over a decade...(looking forward to checking out Bloodstone...) and on top of that we haven't had a decent Tennis game in over a decade and Top Spin 4 remains where it's at.....all these reasons are strong enough to stick with the 360 even if the marketplace is shutting down...

Last edited:

DeVeAn

I have the opposite mindset. Why buy anything else when it’s shutting down now? I’m not racing to give them more money.

Besides most stuff I care about is on series X backward compatibility. Beyond that emulation just gets better over time.

I'll be getting the following, since they're unavailable on later gen consoles:

Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Fez
Zeno Clash 2
Renegade Ops
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Call of Duty Classic
Penny Arcade Eps. 1 and 2
Dust: An Elysian Tale

Everything else I'd want I either have already or can get elsewhere.

Jesb

Well you STILL can't get Renegade Ops, about the closest we've ever had to a new Desert/Jungle Strike, I'd recommend to get that from the store a.s.a.p... it is surprising it remains on there and can't be B.C....not as if it has licensed Tanks and Helicopters, Outrun Coast to Coast isn't backwards compatible....we haven't had anything this generation that is as good as Alpha Protocol, or even a decent James Bond game in over a decade...(looking forward to checking out Bloodstone...) and on top of that we haven't had a decent Tennis game in over a decade and Top Spin 4 remains where it's at.....all these reasons are strong enough to stick with the 360 even if the marketplace is shutting down...

I'll be getting the following, since they're unavailable on later gen consoles:

Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Fez
Zeno Clash 2
Renegade Ops
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Call of Duty Classic
Penny Arcade Eps. 1 and 2
Dust: An Elysian Tale

Everything else I'd want I either have already or can get elsewhere.
Nice list. I’m interested in a few of those for sure. Is there any list anywhere?

Top Bottom