• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order vs. Fortnite

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Wolfenstein: The New Order

Votes: 115 72.3%
  • Fortnite

Votes: 43 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

caAyvVK.jpg

HE1NZ

Banned
Forgot that Wolfenstein was this gen. Anyway it's a great game. I didn't like the shooting that much, but story is like something from Terry Gilliam, great stuff.

MiguelItUp

Fortnite is a game that didn't matter until its Battle Royale fad took off, and it won't matter in a few years. Wolfenstein:TNO is an incredible game and always will be.

Andodalf

Banned
Wolf is a great game, but this is a pool that will show how Biased Gaf is with a massive blind spot towards popular games and e-sports titles.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
That's kinda unfair

Fortnite is basically the best of the genre, and Wolfenstein is a great fps

One very popular, but hated as well. Other is not loved, but "it's nice"

Ofc it will be unfair.
TNW is a game that clearly will have more fans on gaf I suppose, but come on. Fortnite is probably one of the most influential titles in the last decade.
I don't like it and I have never played it, but its a true Game of the generation contender.
Wolfenstein? Come on.

Last edited:
Ofc it will be unfair.
TNW is a game that clearly will have more fans on gaf I suppose, but come on. Fortnite is probably one of the most influential titles in the last decade.
I don't like it and I'll never played it, but its a true Game of the generation contender.
Wolfenstein? Come on.

I don't see how Fortnite influenced gaming in any positive way.

Laptop1991

Wolfenstein TNO, mainly because i'm a singleplayer gamer and not a multiplayer one, so i've only played 1 of them, it was a good game though, although Return to Castle Wolfenstein still hasn't been beaten yet in my opinion.

brap

Banned
fortnite. it doesnt have shitty forced underwater sections or make you go around a house to find shit.

Objectively Fortnite. Impact of the game in this generation goes without saying.

Subjectively Wolfenstein. I liked it. I didn't dream about it or anything but it was solid.

I got over myself and voted Fortnite.

Gandih42

Fortnite has definitively had a much larger impact than Wolfenstein, positive or not. But I don't see why that should necessarily make it a better candidate for GotG. I suppose everyone has their own criteria for what makes a GotG.

I'd go with Wolfenstein. I think Fortinite is an immensely impressive game that objectively does a lot of cool stuff, but it's just not for me.

mcjmetroid

Fortnite wins here.

Something about the new Wolfenstein games never grabbed me. Fortnite didn't really ether but there's no denying its impact.

Wolfenstein TNO brought a great formular back. A lil bit of stealth, a lil bit of exploration/finding hidden rooms all mixed together with loud and gritty gunplay. Fortnite is a copy with a appealing artstyle.

There's three BR games (at least) in this tournament and none of them are facing each other... I mean... if the idea was to get rid of the BR trash I can commend that but deep down I feel like the brackets could have been handled better.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The most successful game ever made (when adjusted for time on the market) vs a game that was never relavent. GAF is casual.

Reactions: MrS

PhoenixTank

Voted for BJ Blazkowicz. I just wish TNW got a Vulkan patch on PC.
Fortnite might be the game of a generation, but not my generation.

Patrick S.

Banned
Wolfenstein was a fun experience to play through once. Fortnite is something you can play for years and have a different experience every time. Fortnite FTW.

Top Bottom