• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine prototype gameplay footage leaks (major spoilers)

Bartski

Gold Member
Game Features

3rd Person Action Thriller
Wide Linear and Story Driven
34 Golden path missions
16-hour Target Playtime
Co-Op Survival Mode DDE

https://streamable.com/o6joom
https://streamable.com/f09752
https://streamable.com/qigt57
https://streamable.com/hnwkh9
https://streamable.com/pzujco
https://streamable.com/fvfini

vertical slice test / first playables (11.2021)

bonus:

some concept art:

8vVmefU.jpg

ncEP2Uu.jpg
CnyDSeZ.jpg
AEKc4Yf.jpg
yJN5Hdm.jpg

2usuyCV.jpg

FULL GAME DESIGN DOCUMENT:

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Its gonna be good, 2 playable characters confirmed.

Looks like its tight camera, violent, hopefully they nail the heaviness and add more gore/blood.

Limbs should be flying. But I dont have faith in Insomniac manning up and making a gory ass game. They seem way too kid friendly.

kiphalfton

Hopefully insomniac isn't making wolverines likeness after Liam McIntyre, as he's not a particularly buff dude. And face wise looks nothing like him.

Its gonna be good, 2 playable characters confirmed.

Looks like its tight camera, violent, hopefully they nail the heaviness and add more gore/blood.

Limbs should be flying. But I dont have faith in Insomniac manning up and making a gory ass game. They seem way too kid friendly.
Probably not. Appears to be set in the SM universe and it's leading up to the X-Men game so they will want to target a wider audience.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I swear to God developers need to retire fucking xray vision and come up with something more intereeting/innovative for investigation scenes.

It's in every fucking AAA game and it's so boring.
Like… smell-o-vision?

It’s a control schema that people are familiar with. Like pressing a trigger to shoot, or hiding secrets behind waterfalls. There are plenty of games out there playing around with more innovative gameplay elements - the successful experiments will get incorporated into AAA games.

Apart from having two playable characters (zzzzzzzzzzzz....) I think it looks incredible! I don't know what you guys are talking about, looks a lot better than I was expecting 😄 - super promising

GHG

Like… smell-o-vision?

It’s a control schema that people are familiar with. Like pressing a trigger to shoot, or hiding secrets behind waterfalls. There are plenty of games out there playing around with more innovative gameplay elements - the successful experiments will get incorporated into AAA games.

Just because people are familiar with it, it doesn't make it good.

It's a tired mechanic, just like the ubisoft towers to uncover an area of a map is/was for open world games.

It's about time someone mixed it up and came up with something new for this.

Jinzo Prime

I swear to God developers need to retire fucking xray vision and come up with something more interesting/innovative for investigation scenes. If they can't then retire that mechanic.

I said the same thing in the other thread. Detective Vision is old and needs to either be cut or meaningfully evolved.

I swear to God developers need to retire fucking xray vision and come up with something more interesting/innovative for investigation scenes. If they can't then retire that mechanic.

The game's budget is $390 million dollars and the gameplay looks so generic. I genuinely want to know how much of the budget goes to gameplay and how much of it is graphics and sound.

Justin9mm

Can't believe people saying it doesn't look great, you obviosuly can't see the forest through the trees. Stick to playing games instead of pretnding you know about game development. You can fully tell it looks just like Spiderman movement and combat but with Wolverine. This is very early alpha footage, of course it's going to look like shit. SMH

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Can't believe people saying it doesn't look great, you obviosuly can't see the forest through the trees. Stick to playing games instead of pretnding you know about game development. You can fully tell it looks just like Spiderman movement and combat but with Wolverine. This is very early alpha footage, of course it's going to look like shit. SMH
I think the issue with the combat for me is that it doesn't feel like a mature wolverine, I would have preferred it to be like God of War 2018 Wolverine where limbs and blood splatter all over, going ham like Kill Bill. It feels so far tame, but that could change.

btw, do we know how all this leaked?

Last edited:

Three

Just because people are familiar with it, it doesn't make it good.

It's a tired mechanic, just like the ubisoft towers to uncover an area of a map is/was for open world games.

It's about time someone mixed it up and came up with something new for this.
Unfortunately it's the only way outside of VR where you can make somebody actually investigate a scene properly in a more pleasant way that doesn't require constant zooming. Without it though it's difficult to make the player care about some barely visible scratch on the wall or broken glass on the floor or whatever. Then you get people complaining that they got stuck and the game is stupid.

I don’t care if I’m coming across as overly negative but this combat and movement is already sending me to sleep. Tap square to combo. Looks just like GoW, Horizon and Spider-Man.
It’s mind-numbing, Banjo. I don’t even have hope for Bluepoint and Housemarque anymore. They’re probably all working on similar templates.
Looking for a realistic answers here(so don’t list top tier Japanese action games or something with gameplay from 2+ generations ago):

What are you wanting an action adventure game starring Wolverine to play like in 2025?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Looking for a realistic answers here(so don’t list top tier Japanese action games or something with gameplay from 2+ generations ago):

What are you wanting an action adventure game starring Wolverine to play like in 2025?
It could look and play like any other third party ‘action adventure game’ instead of all of the other Sony ones for a start

Top Bottom