• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman auctioning off her virginity at $400,000 to help her family

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this type of story a gofundme created by one of her friends would probably go pretty far.

In the end it is her choice so more power to her, it doesn't sound like she is sad about this decision.

MagnesD3

Yeah... selling your body is just something I will never agree with as being a good choice. Also this topic makes me think of equality and how never in a million years if a male virgin made this exact same claim that he would ever get paid that much for his virginity, idk its just interesting to me.

entremet

If you are gonna pay for sex, wouldn't you want a seasoned pro?

Why get someone who hasn't had been to their first rodeo?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
that's a lot. can we get a gofund me started for another virgin so they can experience the joy together? lol
guqg5Z5.gif

highrider

Banned
Well I'm sorry what happened to her and her family, that could happen to anybody. I don't really have any feeling about what she's doing to get money, it's her choice if men are willing to pay that. Sex is monetized everywhere in our world.

ghostjoke

Banned
Every time I see one of these stories I wonder why you would pay so much money and not get a pro. It's such a weird fetish, like paying for poor service. Gotta respect her hustle.

Are virgins rare now a days or something? I would assume millionaires have no issues fishing for virgins with just their pocket money alone. 400k sounds like a bullshit bid to me.

clemenx

Banned
Good for her if it doesn't really mean anything to her, so she remains true to her values AND she finds some sucker is willing to pay that much.

No downsides.

Kindekuma

Banned
Are virgins rare now a days or something? I would assume millionaires have no issues fishing for virgins with just their pocket money alone. 400k sounds like a bullshit bid to me.

Nah. Japan has an issue currently with having too many virgins. Something like 40% among men and women.

$400,000 is ridiculous, man. RIDICULOUS

Why? Why in the world should a grown woman face the disapproval of self-righteous strangers for a personal choice that could benefit her family?

Also, how much would you say your virginity was worth?
Did you read why I said it was wrong?
Also the only virginity I got is my ass and I wouldn't sell.

Demoskinos

I mean I'm all for a woman to choose what she does with her body but this... is unfortunate that she is deciding to go through with this. Although i guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

But with so many crowd funding options these days.... i really hope that she could find another way to help gather money for her family.

spelen

"the house was uninsured" didn't know you can buy a house in the states without insurance .... that's the problem I have with this story smh

SaganIsGOAT

If I had that amount of money to be charitable with I would just give the family the money so the daughter can make this decision with a person of her choosing.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if she is going to have sex with someone and get 400k, doesn't that constitute as prostitution in some shape or form?

zelas

Was 70% positive this was going to be a necrobump from years ago.

These Nevada brothel's do this almost annually to drum up business. Besides the one in op...

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/9522/this-27-year-old-medical-student-is-auctioning-off-her-virginity-online/
Raine is not the first person to auction off her virginity. In 2009, 22-year-old Natalie Dylan made headlines for selling her virginity for a whopping $3.9 million at Nevada’s Moonlite Bunny Ranch, and 21-year-old Brazilian model Catarina Migliorini was offered more than $700,000 from a Japanese businessman when she auctioned hers off in 2012 as part of a documentary, Virgins Wanted.

Yet while both of these auctions ultimately fell through, with Dylan claiming the original bidder had pulled out and Migliorini citing a contractual dispute with the documentary’s director, Raine is positive she’ll go through with hers.

Virginity is losing its luster with the way the price keeps dropping dramatically.

FUME5

This isn't the first time someone has auctioned their virginity, pretty sure all previous auctions have been shut down for various reasons, primarily because the...product? Service? In question couldn't be verified...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
"the house was uninsured" didn't know you can buy a house in the states without insurance .... that's the problem I have with this story smh

The house could have been paid off.

This is a good looking girl, she shouldnt lose it to someone who is willing to pay, it should be someone who gives a shit about her. (White knight...awayyy!!!!)

bionic77

From watching the Cathouse series it seems like 1-2 grand for an hour.

Also, the proprietor (pimp) is going to take half of that $400k.
400 different hookers or 1 virgin?

You have to really be into virgins or charity to do that.

I feel like it is a ripoff but I am pretty ignorant on the going rate of hookers and virgins.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of paying for sex as a concept. But man I don't think I could pay money to take a women's virginity I would feel really really wrong and shitty about myself. Just seems like an experience that shouldn't be a transactional situation.

Shadybiz

Why does her family need anything close to $400,000?

Well assuming that she would be doing this in one of the legal brothels in Nevada (not all are), the $400k would be taxable income, so she'd owe around $116-ish thousand. If they are in need of a new house and replacing items, the remaining $284K would probably be about right in most places.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
400k for an hour of labor is baller. I remember when I exploited my body as a manual laborer for 7/hr doing construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom