• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman countersues the family of a 17 year old she killed with her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosseyes

Banned
Tough situation.

By all accounts it was truly a terrible accident. You feel terrible for the parents but that shouldnt give them the right to harass the driver for what was totally and legally an accident.

Was the lawsuit really the only way to get the parents off her back?

grumble

Saw this the other day and meant to post it =( Makes me sick, what a despicable woman to even think of doing this after what she did.

Uh she did it to keep them from harassing her and suing her. It was an accident and the family should back off, this will hopefully do the trick.

Camp Lo

Banned
There's an ongoing debate about how many continents earth actually has, the wikipedia article on contents goes into it a little bit, they also have a graphics showing the various models and numbers of continents, it's somewhere between 4 and 7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Continental_models-Australia.gif

2an4d.png
Well i'll be dammed.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Uh she did it to keep them from harassing her and suing her. It was an accident and the family should back off, this will hopefully do the trick.
Just to be clear here. You're not suggesting that "it was an accident" is a legally sound defense to the family's lawsuit, are you?

OK, so the driver is just counter-suing to get the parents to back off with their own baseless allegations and lawsuits, right? That's what I'm supposed to infer from the discussion so far.

Where is a news article stating so? The OP has a supposedly "real truth" of what happened, but I'm not seeing any sources cited.

I have friends on calling the driver a bitch and such, and if what's being said here is true, I'd like to set them straight, but I'm not going to do so without having a credible source, otherwise it's just speculation. Nobody here seems to be actually backing up this with a source, unless I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom