• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman shows off 90 square foot apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

Used to live on double that (incl. kitchen and bathroom), and that was fine. But there's no way I could live on half that, much respect for how she's got everything organized. It does seem very expensive though, maybe the rents are too damn high.

Devolution said:
FKWYc.gif

Sound kind of mad dude, it's her life and her decisions.

her decisions affect the rest of us believe it or not. it gives landlords extra incentive to charge higher and higher rents if there are enough people that pay these prizes for nothing more than status symbol.

Splinter

Thats about the size of a dorm I lived in. Good thing is it forces you to basically spend as much time out of it as you can, which is what many people nowadays need.

Neki

evil solrac v3.0 said:
her decisions affect the rest of us believe it or not. it gives landlords extra incentive to charge higher and higher rents if there are enough people that pay these prizes for nothing more than status symbol.
yeah guys, leave solrac alone. he's only standing up against the tyranny and the injustice of the of the people who buy real estate in areas of high demand for higher costs, he is defending our rights to affordable rent prices!

That's pretty close to a house I house/dog sat at. All it basically was - was a small room (lil bigger than that) a ladder to a bed (justtt like that) and a small bathroom and tinyyy kitchen. But it was really relaxing and fun. His tiny room was taken up by a nice couch and a 52" 1080p tv (that's it.). So basically me and my gf just chilled and watched movies the whole time - played w/ the dog and only used candles for light. Was totally chill!

Jeramii

Banned
i'd live in some place like idaho before living in that. god... terrible.

good on her for being so optimistic about it. :S

Ultimoo said:
yeah guys, leave solrac alone. he's only standing up against the tyranny and the injustice of the of the people who buy real estate in areas of high demand for higher costs, he is defending our rights to affordable rent prices!

moron. but you are entitled to think whatever you want after all.

evil solrac v3.0 said:

Uh are you just willing to ignore the importance of location so you can keep talking like this.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Jeramii said:
i'd live in some place like idaho before living in that. god... terrible.

good on her for being so optimistic about it. :S

I've been to Idaho. You are lying to yourself.

Korey

Devolution said:
Are these better areas just as close to central park?
What the heck is so good about this park?

Like damn I must live next to this park so I will pay $700 to live in a coffin! New Yorkers smh

I'd really rather live somewhere like Wichita, Kansas and save a buttload on rent and utilities than live in a big metro city. Places like those also have lots of car parking space. Ugh. Just tired of living in big ass city.

Furoba

Quite a few places in Tokyo that are smaller and as expensive as that. Her room isn't that bad, except for the lack of a kitchen.

Korey said:

Like damn I must live next to this park so I will pay $700 to live in a coffin! New Yorkers smh

I dunno seems to be a selling point for her though.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
dude, central park is not thta big of a deal, at all. cehck this out just on craigslist. better neighborhood too.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/roo/2296908811.html

upper floor suite (only a room for you obviously) full kitchen, parking etc. the video doesn't quite mention what perks (if any) the lady has. no, i'm sorry she's getting ripped off.

It's a big deal to her, I think you're missing that point over and over and over.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm so jealous of this lady. 700 a month for such a great room and location? I mean, as a single guy who wouldn't spend that much time in there (because of NY-frickin'-C) it's ideal.

Korey said:

Did you not read the responses to your first post? Central Park is several miles large. It's surrounded by several museums and libraries are in great frequency. Heck even living near to a large, green space is enough for me.

Sofo

It's cool in a very immature way but I mean, wouldn't you aspire for something just a tad bit bigger? Or with your own yard, if she likes it so much. What beats taking care of your plants and see them grow? But I can sort of understand her, when my family and I were in NYC, we really enjoyed our day at Central Park. I can see how someone would want to live near it.
UrbanRats said:
At least she's near §Central Park.
I remember a similar video about a random Tokyo apartment.
We had a similar street-journalism-tourist documentary about it too. It was pretty ridiculous too, so stuffed!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Sofo said:
It's cool in a very immature way but I mean, wouldn't you aspire for something just a tad bit bigger? Or with your own yard, if she likes it so much. What beats taking care of your plants and see them grow? But I can sort of understand her, when my family and I were in NYC, we really enjoyed our day at Central Park. I can see how someone would want to live near it.
Are there no allotments or private spaces you can rent for gardening in Manhattan? Not trying to sound blunt but I would be surprised if they weren't offered somewhere.

Sofo

Thnikkaman said:
Are there no allotments or private spaces you can rent for gardening in Manhattan? Not trying to sound blunt but I would be surprised if they weren't offered somewhere.
Oh, don't worry! I have no idea about Manhattan, but where I live there's no such thing. You either have a yard or flowerpots, but I haven't heard of a place to rent to garden your stuff. Might as well start this business here!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Sofo said:
Oh, don't worry! I have no idea about Manhattan, but where I live there's no such thing. You either have a yard or flowerpots, but I haven't heard of a place to rent to garden your stuff. Might as well start this business here!
There you go. Thank me later!

bud

that is fucking small, jeez, but she did a great job at making it look nice enough. if i'd have sex with her and spend the night there, i'd definitely be sleeping right next to the wall in fear of falling down.

SmokyDave

I could make do with that kind of space. I understand why she's doing it, sometimes all that matters is the right location. If you only use the place to shit/shave/shower, it doesn't need to be a palace. $700 per month sounds crazy cheap for a major city.

SHAZOOM

That's not too bad a space, considering that the desktop area has a decent ceiling. That crawl space for a bed is a little too tight though.

Sofo

bud said:
that is fucking small, jeez, but she did a great job at making it look nice enough. if i'd have sex with her and spend the night there, i'd definitely be sleeping right next to the wall in fear of falling down.
Where exactly would you have sex? I mean, the bed doesn't allow for lots of movements.
Thnikkaman said:
There you go. Thank me later!
No way, I'm thanking you now! Thanks!

seriously, $700 in Southern GA is like a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom, and every bedroom is like 200 sq ft and every bathroom is maybe 70 sq ft. but hey, that's manhattan. people want to live there, so people pay to live there.

think about this... a pizza shop in times square had a rent of 40k A MONTH!

OuterWorldVoice said:
I am with Jay on the overall NY thing. Did it once for fun. Had a blast. Love the museums, but the city does nothing for me. I go there for business all the time and it's bittersweet. I hate the airports (SERIOUSLY NEW YORK STOP SAYING THE TRAIN GOES TO THE AIRPORT BECAUSE IT FUCKING DOESN'T) and while food can be among the best in the world, you pay for it (Pizza slices and Falafel excepted).

I do NOT think it is OK to expect a cocktail to be $14.

However, I had a food experience there last time, at The Breslin, that almost made the C.H.U.D.s and mutants worthwhile.
but the AirTrain DOES go to JFK!

now LaGuardia on the other hand...

or suckers who use Newar

Simplet

Ah ah this is like a fucking palace compared to what I lived in when I was studying in Paris.

I had 7 1/2 square meters, and in half the room the roof was stooping so low you could barely sit, I had my bed in there. 6th floor, no elevator of course, had to go around the building to use the tiny stairs for poor people. Didn't even have a toilet in there, there was one common toilet for the whole floor. Oh and I lived under the roof and my tiny dormer (is that what you guys call it?) was held in place with duct tape. I'll let you imagine what winter felt like. There was also a nice hole in the middle of my bed, so I'd sleep like that : \/.

Paid 350 euros a month for it.

Emily Chu

Banned
You know.most of.the time u spend your.time in one room. And usually on the internet.. eating sleeping or.just chilling.shooting the shit...

Why do u need.such a big place if your not.married or have kids

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
bud said:
but do you live near central park

this woman must play so much frisbee golf. she must feed so many pigeons! and remember john lennon so often.

if i lived in that room i'd do a lot of remembering john lennon. "um, i think i am forgetting about john lennon, i gotta go to the park and get the fuck out of this place."

her room seems like the kind of area that the genie from ALADDIN would inhabit inside the lamp.

Bleepey

Psshh my room at uni was smaller, heck my room now is smaller. I don't mind small rooms for a great location and a cheap price i don't mind small rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom