• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#WomenBoycottTwitter Planned for October 13th, 2017

Heh. All I do is tap "I don't like this ad". I never thought to block the advertiser because I don't really have anything against them most of the time.
If it's a really obnoxious ad, or one I see too often I'll block. I have a pretty large block list, consisting mostly of corporations.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
If it's a really obnoxious ad, or one I see too often I'll block. I have a pretty large block list, consisting mostly of corporations.
I'll have to keep that in mind. I always wondered what happens if you mark every ad as "don't ever show me this anymore". I guess you're right and eventually you just get poor shlubs with money trying to get followers. lol

Anyway, I took yesterday off. At one point I accidentally tapped the app icon on my phone like I KNEW I would which is why I had "offloaded" it so all it did was attempt to download the app again. Thanks, Apple. That's a really useful feature. (Offloading means iOS removes the app itself from your phone to free space, but keeps its data for when you reinstall it. It's useful in a pinch and better than the alternative which is to outright delete it which deletes all your settings and saved data.)

I haven't been back yet today but probably will during my breaks at work. I had off yesterday so it was easier to stay off by watching YouTube and going out with friends later that night.

I'm glad they responded. Now let's hope they actually do something about this shit. Start by banning every single outright obvious Nazi starting with the one(s) in the Whitehouse. (Mainly the head Nazi in charge.)

Good. Twitter is pretty horrible. I like the idea of it as a platform for breaking news but the policies for harassment are poor..... plus Trump :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Good. Twitter is pretty horrible. I like the idea of it as a platform for breaking news but the policies for harassment are poor..... plus Trump :(
I don't follow any shitty people. And when I do, usually it's a celebrity who I liked years ago who of course now shows their right-wing views so I unfollow them. (I'm looking at you Candace Cameron who I liked as DJ on Full House but of course she's just like her brother. Her frowny-face emoji post when the Boy Scouts said they were allowing girls to join was all I needed to press that Unfollow button.)

So basically most of the people on my list are all the "good" GAF members who hate Trump as much as I do or celebrities who also hate Trump as much as I do.

I wish I could say the same for my FaceBook feed which is only people I know in person either from school or work. That thing's filled with some really dumb people. Fortunately not all of them. But still...

I would much rather lose FaceBook than Twitter. I just keep FB and check it once a day for stupidity. I've blocked a couple friends recently. Over Trump of course. The usual. "Liberals are idiots. Trump is your president now, get over it. But her emails!"

Top Bottom