• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Won't have to talk my friends into COD this year

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Every year we have a big fight amongst my gaming friends on whether or not to get the new COD. There are 5 of us and every year 1 or 2 of these mooks puts up a stink about spending the money on the new cod if it's not Infinity Ward or if it's "too arcadey" that year or whatever.

It's been a struggle for us for decades to get all of us to commit to the same platform and same games to play until we discovered gamepass. Now when one of us finds a new game, we know that we all have access to it and the group is almost always willing to dedicate and hour or 2 to trying out a new game. Free 2 play games and Gamepass has kept this group of 40ish year old gamers with wives and kids together playing games together 2-4 times a week. LOVE that it now applies to COD!

I know you PS guys don't play games with friends and prefer to play interactive movies like Last of Us (amazing game and show btw), God of War, and Spider Man, but for those of us who game as a means of spending quality virtual time with friends, you can't beat gamepass. Thank you Phil! THANK YOU for keeping me and my friends together.
aithXaq.jpeg

I'm nobody

Every year we have a big fight amongst my gaming friends on whether or not to get the new COD. There are 5 of us and every year 1 or 2 of these mooks puts up a stink about spending the money on the new cod if it's not Infinity Ward or if it's "too arcadey" that year or whatever.

It's been a struggle for us for decades to get all of us to commit to the same platform and same games to play until we discovered gamepass. Now when one of us finds a new game, we know that we all have access to it and the group is almost always willing to dedicate and hour or 2 to trying out a new game. Free 2 play games and Gamepass has kept this group of 40ish year old gamers with wives and kids together playing games together 2-4 times a week. LOVE that it now applies to COD!

I know you PS guys don't play games with friends and prefer to play interactive movies like Last of Us (amazing game and show btw), God of War, and Spider Man, but for those of us who game as a means of spending quality virtual time with friends, you can't beat gamepass. Thank you Phil! THANK YOU for keeping me and my friends together.
By any chance do u live in samolia

Chiggs

Gold Member
(Verse 1)
Yo, Game Pass is lame, it’s a straight-up mess
Got a pile of games, but they ain’t the best
They hype it like gold, but it’s fool’s pyrite
It’s a bargain bin service, and it’s just not right

(Chorus)
Call of Duty on the Pass, think it’s gonna save face
But it’s stuck in last place, Microsoft's disgrace
The anti-Midas touch, everything turns to dust
Game Pass ain't winning, in gamers we trust

(Verse 2)
Phil Spencer’s the king? Nah, he’s just a tool
Running Xbox into the ground, making moves like a fool
Sarah Bond talking big, but she’s McKinsey schooled
Consulting with no clue, in the gaming pool

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Subscription fees stack, but where’s the attack
It’s a junkyard of dreams, that’s a cold, hard fact
They hype it up big, but we all know the deal
Game Pass ain't lit, it’s just lost its appeal

(Verse 3)
Phil Spencer in his suit, acting all cool
But every move he makes, just shows he’s a fool
Sarah Bond’s just numbers, no passion, no fire
McKinsey and Company, but the players ain't inspired

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So keep your Game Pass, we ain’t buying that bluff
COD can’t save you, when the base ain’t enough
Microsoft fumbles, they just ain't clutch
Game Pass is a joke, with that anti-Midas touch

Last edited:

You might want to look into free to play PC games then ...

Playing CoD yearly? Lmfao. Go play some real games.

Also if you're 40 with wives and kids you've chosen your path in life, go raise your fucking kids rather than TikTok do it for you while you try to hit 5th prestige in CoD.

The casual Sony diss was funny though ngl. As much as I shit on TLOU at least you can get something out of it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly throughout this thread was going to be saying "because we'll all just be playing XDefiant"

But no, it's a Gamepass advertorial.

hemo memo

Gold Member
My cousins complain vehemently about COD every year, yet they buy it every year. I feel like they’re in someway asking me for help. One of them, in his own words said “Yeah I know it’ll be bad but it’s Cod so I have to buy it”

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I suspect when sneakysnake pressed ‘post’ he (they) didn’t expect it to end the way that it did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Every time I update my pc MS tells me my gamepass sub is up. Nah I’m good my guy.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Well one thing I will say on the OP is that if it's on gamepass it's more likely that my friends and I will try it than not since we all have GP. I don't think that's particularly controversial.

Top Bottom