• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stridone

Banned
thy_ said:
:O
He got fouled, spit on, sent off and spit on again without actually doing anything.

He bashed into the Dutch keeper when the referee had already blown his whistle and he did some A-class diving.

But who cares, lets see Oranje crush those poor Slovakians tomorrow!

jett

D-Member
End of the line for Chile.

Haven't really been keeping up with NL in the WC, but I assume Slovakia won't be much of a problem.

thy_

jett said:
End of the line for Chile.

Haven't really been keeping up with NL in the WC, but I assume Slovakia won't be much of a problem.

vjFqY.gif
:)

hertog

Netherlands will and should have an easy game (4-0), hopefully Chili will play the role of the dark horse well (2-3 Chili goes through in extra time)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm hoping for a Netherlands vs. Germany final, but a Netherlands vs. Argentina final is fine too.

Well, it says enemies gonna hate, but close enough.

I'm pulling for the Netherlands, cause I like 'em, and for Chile, because I want new faces in the pantheon of WC winners.

Oh, can anyone check if you can use arcade sticks with FIFA SA edition? Thanks.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Netherlands versus Brazil would be an awesome quarterfinal.

But, Chile has been doing so well. :( I don't want them to go out yet.

Haunted

Netherlands and Brazil clear favourites to advance.

Upsets aren't that likely, Chile stood little chance against a top-class team in their third group game. Slovakia are the complete underdog.

Stridone said:
Pretty sure Völler was the twat there. A well-deserved spit.
Pretty sure you're wrong.

Haunted

I hear Van der Vaart is hurt?

Eh, it's not like you guys are pressed for amazing midfielders. As long as you've got Robben, it's all good.

Stridone

Banned
Haunted said:
I hear Van der Vaart is hurt?

Ah, it's not like you're pressed for amazing midfielders. As long as you've got Robben, it's all good.

I'd actually prefer Elia to play anyway. Not really stoked about VdV's performance so far.

Road

Regulus Tera said:
Netherlands versus Brazil would be an awesome quarterfinal.

But, Chile has been doing so well. :( I don't want them to go out yet.
Yeah, I'd like to see Chile going forward, but not over us (Brazilian here).

Subitai

I'm probably going to miss both these games. I don't care who wins, just that they win convincingly so there is no controversy to pile on.

Does Brazil consider Chile to be a rival?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Subitai said:
I'm probably going to miss both these games. I don't care who wins, just that they win convincingly so there is no controversy to pile on.

Does Brazil consider Chile to be a rival?
No.

But it's the World Cup, after all. Shit happens.

i just drew up my World Cup chart, and I have the Netherlands taking everything.

Granted, I'm hoping Germany shuts down Argentina, but today's performance doesn't make that seem that out of the question.

Stridone

Banned
Road said:
I don't disagree.

Hehe I think Brazil - Netherlands can really go either way. I can't say I've been that impressed with Brazil but it was solid enough. Same for Holland, though I think we're doing better each game (and Robben is back! <3). It will be most likely be a great match though, might aswell have been the final.

Fularu

Banned
Holland will crash and burn tomorow, like usual, you can't be an eternal chocker and disapoint the fans.

Chile has looked extremely good so far, we may have our new upset after Italy

Fularu said:
Holland will crash and burn tomorow, like usual, you can't be an eternal chocker and disapoint the fans.

While I do have Brazil down for the win, part of me hopes Chile cause an upset. I'm loving the look of Alexis Sanchez and I hope Man. United make an offer on him. I know we've been looking at him for a number of years.

Fularu said:

Holland has to win, so they can knockout Brazil if Brazil wins.

Opiate

jamesinclair said:
A wee bit early for a thread dont you think?

No, this is fine. With these OT, we're not looking to completely destroy WC discussion: we just need to divide it to prevent the server from melting down on threads with massive activity and 5k+ posts.

Divide and conquer. We'll keep both open for now (since the games of 6/27 are still worthy of discussion) and lock the old ones sometime soon as conversation slowly winds down and moves on.

Brasil v Chile was my dream final (other than Australia v Brasil!) so I am disappointed they have to meet so early on.

I think Brasil and Ned will go through though.

Road

Stridone said:
Hehe I think Brazil - Netherlands can really go either way. I can't say I've been that impressed with Brazil but it was solid enough. Same for Holland, though I think we're doing better each game (and Robben is back! <3). It will be most likely be a great match though, might aswell have been the final.
My thoughts exactly (and of pretty much everyone I guess haha).

Both times passed without problems and brilliance through the group stage, it's now time to show what they've got.

El Sloth

Banned
Screw you guys!

Chile is gonna go all the way!

iChile! iChile iChile!

God, I hope we score a goal tomorrow.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
El Sloth said:
Screw you guys!

Chile is gonna go all the way!

iChile! iChile iChile!

God, I hope we score a goal tomorrow.
The problem is not scoring a goal against Brazil (we do that in almost every match against them), the problem is to score more goals than them.

Stridone

Banned
chicko1983 said:
Brasil v Chile was my dream final (other than Australia v Brasil!) so I am disappointed they have to meet so early on.

Why? I'd rather not have the final with such a substantial skill difference.

El Sloth

Banned
manueldelalas said:
The problem is not scoring a goal against Brazil (we do that in almost every match against them), the problem is to score more goals than them.

It's the World Cup though, and things don't always go like they usually do. Also, besides Argentina winning, I've been having a pretty unlucky day.:lol

feel

Wishing for upsets. Specially on the Slovakia game, since the Dutch fans are treating it as a sure win. I want lulz.

scotcheggz

Vox-Pop said:
LTTP:
9f4nW.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

haha oh my god, that's amazing :lol :lol

Going to miss most of the Netherlands game, which is annoying, but looking forward to the highlights and the Brazil V Chile game. Tomorrow is looking like a tasty day of football.

I'm extremely pissed that Brazil could face Netherlands so early on, I was hoping they could meet in the finals :D

Only two teams I like. Still stoked for tomorrow.

The Hermit

Here something to think about the Brasil vs Chile match:

• The first WC match was in 1962 (in Chile) semifinals- Brasil 4 x Chile 2
  • The other WC match was in 1998, with the ellimination of Chile- Brasil 4 x Chile 1
  • The last six matches added equals Brasil 25 x Chile 3
  • Brasil haven't lost to Chile in 9 years and 8 matches.

Netherlands 2 vs Slovakia 0

Slovakia is a pretty mediocre team from what I've seen, so NL should have no problems.

Brazil 3 vs Chile 1

Chile is a good team, but they make stupid mistakes as seen against Spain. First 20 minutes we'll see Chile attacking while Brazil stands back, then bad defending by Chile leads to Brazil's first goal. Medel will headbutt Kaka and get sent off. After that, all will go downhill. Chile will get a random goal, and be 2-1, but Brazil will seal the deal minutes later. Bielsa will have a heart attack and the match will be suspended, giving the victory to Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom