• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Destruction (DS) website update!

king zell

deepdive_world_dest.02._V266864385_.jpg

deepdive_world_dest.03._V266864385_.jpg

deepdive_world_dest.04._V266864385_.jpg

deepdive_world_dest.05._V266864385_.jpg

deepdive_world_dest.06._V266864385_.jpg

vareon

I WANT to care since it looked awesome, but I already have too many RPG both on my DS library and my DS to-buy list :(

Akai

flipping_heck said:
Currently watching the anime, interested in this

Same...I was worried that the anime would turn me away from the game, but I'm actually even more interested in the characters now...

The new media looks fantastic!

robor

It's nice to see Mitsuda and Kato at work together here again. Might have to check this one out............if it gets a localization, what are the chances GAF?

robor said:
It's nice to see Mitsuda and Kato at work together here again. Might have to check this one out............if it gets a localization, what are the chances GAF?

Sega is the publisher, so the chances are better than if was being published by other companies....

I think the game will see a western release, the problem is "when?"....

SEGA has like the best upcoming games for any platform, this, Obsidian's RPGs, Empire Total War, Mad World. Seriously I wuv SEGA now all they need to do is localize the damn game.

Shirokun

Shit shit shit! Why do companies always release RPGs in big clumps like this. Between this, IU and ToV, I'll hardly have time for anything else! Part of me kinda hopes this game sucks! :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hey duck, any idea if there is much relation with the anime and the game? I'm contemplating on not watching the anime if it's going to spoil a few things that otherwise wouldn't have been in the game.

duckroll

speedpop said:
Hey duck, any idea if there is much relation with the anime and the game? I'm contemplating on not watching the anime if it's going to spoil a few things that otherwise wouldn't have been in the game.

The anime's pretty shitty. There isn't really a direct relation at all. The anime and manga are just other spinoff concepts that use the game's base concept and characters. The actual storyline and whatever is non-canon in relation to the game.

batbeg

I only watched the first episode and it made me unhyped for this game :( I know they're not meant to be related but... it was pretty terrible :(

M3d10n

This game seems to be intentionally made to cash into my fond memories of Grandia. I just can't avoid being interested.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They really like to pimp that dragon/snake boss screen.

Guess it's good for us to see the differences and how the game is shaping up.

Crap, how did I miss that trailer!? Thanks for the YouTube version up there^

So, does this game actually contain dialogue? I wasn't sure when seeing the trailer because it looked like someone was just reading the text or whatever.

Macstorm

The more I see, the more I want. Image Epoch is looking really great to me with this and Arc Rise Fantasia. I want both.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Why are you not playing Vesperia? I thought you loved Tales games?

We had a falling out. I told her to stop sleeping around with four guys every other year but she just ignored me. :lol

Aeana

Mejilan said:
I'll also need this kind of help for Valkyrie Profile DS. So suck it up and take one for the team!

The odds of duckroll getting VP DS are pretty low.
I'll probably get it, though. Not that my impressions are valuable, as I'm not much of a VP fan and I never really got into the combat in the first one.

duckroll

Mejilan said:
I'll also need this kind of help for Valkyrie Profile DS. So suck it up and take one for the team!

You're on your own there. If I buy a S-E DS game on 30th Oct, it'll be Chocobo Dungeon. :)

Olaeh

Damn I want this. But there are so many other JRPGs yet to be localized on my wait/wishlist :(

edit-- I've had that music playing from the site over and over and ITS LOVELY!!

Hive

Banned
Olaeh said:
Damn I want this. But there are so many other JRPGs yet to be localized on my wait/wishlist :(

edit-- I've had that music playing from the site over and over and ITS LOVELY!!

me too!

Hey am I the only one that likes the pirate bear? ^^

duckroll

Since I hyped this game up, I feel it's my responsibility to highlight that the hype seems to be getting deflated fast in Japan right now. Dengeki Wii/DS apparently reviewed the game this month, giving it 70/65/70/70. The complains were that the game was really linear with a lot of long tedious events, not much branching/side events at all. Apparently the game reuses dungeons several times over, and the pacing of battles is rather poor. Also, the voice equip system is rendered meaningless because there isn't much variety in voices that you can find in the game.

Sounds.... bad. But I'm still getting it. I'm determined to try the game out for myself, but now probably with lowered expectations. I hope Mitsuda's soundtrack delivers even if all else fails. :(

Top Bottom