• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Expansion!

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade especially if they are looking forward to this, but me personally I've about had it with the forced Red vs Blue conflict that has been dragging along for the umpteenth time.

Dark Link

Based on what's been shown / previewed I'm not impressed. Hopefully they fix that otherwise this might be my time to take a break from the game.

Dargor

Well, as a exclusively Horde player, this seems like the final nail in the coffin.

I passed on Legion the moment they released the broken shore cinematic, my spidey sense told me the Horde was gonna get shafted.

So right I was...but now, my spidey sense is screaming. Well, yeah, good news everyone, I'm gonna save a lot of money.

SRTtoZ

They mean the Dark Iron dwarves and The Zandalari Trolls, they'll join the factions by I don't think they'll be playable.

No the website says "Check out the six new playable Allied Races coming in Battle for Azeroth, including the Lightforged dranei, Highmountain tauren, and others".

Alliance are getting: Lightforge Draenei, Void elves, Dark Iron Dwaves

Horde are getting: Nightborne elves, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls

Dargor

No the website says "Check out the six new playable Allied Races coming in Battle for Azeroth, including the Lightforged dranei, Highmountain tauren, and others".

Alliance are getting: Lightforge Draenei, Void elves, Dark Iron Dwaves

Horde are getting: Nightborne elves, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls

Well, at least I got half of it right, thats a win in my book ;P

J-Rzez

Sounds like perhaps a decent xpac thus far, though I'm pretty much burnt out on WoW and it's current state. I was hoping for even a WoW 2.0 disguised under vanilla relaunch with a new engine. Seems like they threw their eggs into one basket with the failed "Next-Gen MMO" aka "Titan" and haven't recovered.

great setting... WoW has too often not been enough about Horde vs Alliance. that said, even when they do the 'war' gameplay (by RvR/PvP standards of other MMOs) is always pretty lacking.

wtf at the races tho. further on alliances recruiting dark iron dwarfs. been a long time since I played though and probably the least of WoW's lore problems heh.

/edit/ I hope if they ever make a Warcraft 4, it's set directly after just TBC or WLK... even by lorelol space goat standards, these new elves and draenei take the cake lol

Joe T.

Is this the last of the planned expansions for World of Warcraft or are there more to come? I remember there was a roadmap released a while back detailing plans for the future, can't seem to find it anymore.

Haven't played since Cataclysm, despite a friend's best attempts to get me back while singing Legion's praises. That cinematic is great, as they all are, though Wrath of the Lich King remains my favorite.

PrimeBeef

Is this the last of the planned expansions for World of Warcraft or are there more to come? I remember there was a roadmap released a while back detailing plans for the future, can't seem to find it anymore.

Haven't played since Cataclysm, despite a friend's best attempts to get me back while singing Legion's praises. That cinematic is great, as they all are, though Wrath of the Lich King remains my favorite.

There is no planned end for WoW. They will keep making expansions as long as the game remains financially viable. When MoP was in beta, one coproate guy mentioned they had an outline for the next 5 expansions. People took that for meaning only 5 more counting MoP. Same thing for that road map. WoW makes tons of money. They will not kill it until it's ready to be taken out to the Pasteur. EQ is over 20 years old and still gets expansions.
great setting... WoW has too often not been enough about Horde vs Alliance. that said, even when they do the 'war' gameplay (by RvR/PvP standards of other MMOs) is always pretty lacking.

wtf at the races tho. further on alliances recruiting dark iron dwarfs. been a long time since I played though and probably the least of WoW's lore problems heh.

/edit/ I hope if they ever make a Warcraft 4, it's set directly after just TBC or WLK... even by lorelol space goat standards, these new elves and draenei take the cake lol

If they do a W4 I would love to see it take place during ancient times like the Black Empire or before the factions arose. The events between the trolls, high elves, and humans. That is if the make it while WoW is still around.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade especially if they are looking forward to this, but me personally I've about had it with the forced Red vs Blue conflict that has been dragging along for the umpteenth time.

Ummm. That is specifically/exactly raining on people's parade... So good on you brov.

People who I haven't played for 3 years plus, at the least, should just stop trying to weigh in like what they have to say at all matters. It's you are waving the flag of having an ignorant/irrelevant opinion.

Seems like old GAF in the way some people just like shitting on things to validate their choice of dropping an ever evolving game world.

SURE some of Blizzard's choices haven't been to my taste but there was so much else to do that I enjoyed. If a person wants to be fully catered to in a MMORPG they are playing within the wrong genre.

Jezan

Ummm. That is specifically/exactly raining on people's parade... So good on you brov.
That's the point of that expression.

It looks boring I mean, maybe I'll play again if the new races are interesting but I could never stand the art style, after so many years it hurts my eyes.

That's a fair point but the very nature of an MMORPG relies on longevity and we all know stylized art style trumps ultra realistic in the long term every time.

Joe T.

There is no planned end for WoW. They will keep making expansions as long as the game remains financially viable. When MoP was in beta, one coproate guy mentioned they had an outline for the next 5 expansions. People took that for meaning only 5 more counting MoP. Same thing for that road map. WoW makes tons of money. They will not kill it until it's ready to be taken out to the Pasteur. EQ is over 20 years old and still gets expansions.

Good point. I'm guessing that even if active subscriber numbers have dipped, the expansion and Classic will bring a good chunk of people back for at least a month or two.

Good point. I'm guessing that even if active subscriber numbers have dipped, the expansion and Classic will bring a good chunk of people back for at least a month or two.

It is still a damn behemoth even if subs are cut by half. Hell, even a quarter of what it has now is still something other MMOs will never, ever reach.

Paasei

Looks good. Finally back to the core experience. Just Horde vs Alliance and more ridiculous space and time travel for at least some time.

Also very excited to visit vanills once more after likr 13 years or so. Now I at least understand the entire quest description, something I didn't when I was 12 and started playing.

vocab

Level cap of 120? Sheesh.
I wonder how long that takes starting from scratch.

Way less than you think. FF14 has a ridiculous amount of required story content before you even can move to the next expansion. In wow you can blow through the leveling experience and end up in the next expansion in less than a few hours.

Morel_

Neo Member
I'm really excited about this expansion. Since the whole game is based on the fact that there is some kind of truce between the 2 factions, I wonder how this will be handled.

rockyt

Oh wow it just keep going. I stopped around the expansion after the blood elf I even forgot the name of the expansion. It was the frozen place expansion when I stopped.

royox

Way less than you think. FF14 has a ridiculous amount of required story content before you even can move to the next expansion. In wow you can blow through the leveling experience and end up in the next expansion in less than a few hours.

Because FFXIV is very heavy story focused and gives the player a "single player ff experience in an online environment". Both games are not for the same audience.

I don’t care about the Horde vs Alliance conflict at all. I loved what I played of Legion before I burned out, but I might not play this one at all.

neau

Neo Member
I dont care about the Horde vs Alliance conflict at all. I loved what I played of Legion before I burned out, but I might not play this one at all.
It's really more enjoyable if you have friends.

If you play by yourself you can befriend random friendly/competent people and go along with that. Whenever I play by myself I play like 12 hours a day for a few days and hit burnout as well.
It's a world within a game, you'll never run out of things to do.

Top Bottom