• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

How do you guys get alts leveled up so fast? I'm trying to do constant quests and dungeon finder when it pops but it feels slow.
Honestly, I find questing to be pretty quick. The heirloom bonuses plus the XP perk from a level 25 guild makes for some decent leveling. Especially in zones that Blizz reworked for Cata. They flow really well and have fairly long questlines.

If you're a class that can have a tanking or healing spec maybe grab some appropriate heirlooms and level as that. You'll get instant dungeon queues. My shaman is enhance, but I had a healing set so I could queue for dungeons as resto when I didn't feel like questing. Honestly don't remember ever waiting for more than a minute to get a dungeon queue. And it's not like you need a stellar full set, just a few heirlooms.

Peachpies

How can I go about getting heirlooms? I'm pretty new. I have a 85 pally and my 23 hunter that I'm trying to level up.
you buy them with justice points or at the darkmoon fair, and from your guild vendor. there are also heirloom weapons that drop from garrosh for level 90-100 and some pvp heirlooms for honor points

Fjordson

How can I go about getting heirlooms? I'm pretty new. I have a 85 pally and my 23 hunter that I'm trying to level up.
Oh shite, my bad. Try to get that pally to 90 and then you'll be able to get heirlooms. The basic heroic dungeons at 90 will grant you easy justice points that can be used to buy heirlooms.

aka_bueno

Any of you guys play PST Horde on a PvP server? I just subbed, basically new player (this game has changed A LOT since I last played, and looks to change even more with the expansion).

Would prefer to play with some GAFers, who has an active guild I can join and wouldn't mind helping a fella out lol?

EDIT: I'm starting from scratch.

th3dude

Oh shite, my bad. Try to get that pally to 90 and then you'll be able to get heirlooms. The basic heroic dungeons at 90 will grant you easy justice points that can be used to buy heirlooms.

Its cool. I wasn't very clear how much of a noob I am :)

I think maybe I'll get the pally leveled first and try for some heirloom before leveling another toon. That sounds like a solid idea.

I'll also have a boost when I preorder bit with the pally that close I should probably just try that.

Fjordson

Its cool. I wasn't very clear how much of a noob I am :)

I think maybe I'll get the pally leveled first and try for some heirloom before leveling another toon. That sounds like a solid idea.

I'll also have a boost when I preorder bit with the pally that close I should probably just try that.
Yeah, I really enjoyed questing through the Pandaria zones so I would save the boost.

And if you can, try to get an alt to 60 before using the boost on it. Once you hit at least 60 then the boost not only gets you to 90 but it also maxes out whichever two primary professions you've chosen on that character. Pretty amazing feature, maybe even more so than the levels, because leveling a profession can be a real pain in the ass.

GC71388

Anyone have a beta key for Warlords? Ive got a few $5 XBL codes id trade for it. I really wanna try it out. Let me know! Send me a PM

th3dude

Yeah, I really enjoyed questing through the Pandaria zones so I would save the boost.

And if you can, try to get an alt to 60 before using the boost on it. Once you hit at least 60 then the boost not only gets you to 90 but it also maxes out whichever two primary professions you've chosen on that character. Pretty amazing feature, maybe even more so than the levels, because leveling a profession can be a real pain in the ass.

Good to know. I'll remember that. If I can score some heirlooms I should be able to get to 60 easy enough.

Fjordson

Good to know. I'll remember that. If I can score some heirlooms I should be able to get to 60 easy enough.
Definitely. The zones for those levels were the ones reworked for the Cataclysm expansion, so they flow well and aren't too slow. Especially with heirlooms.

Ultratech

Been leveling my Warlock again. Up to 82 now.

Stuff goes down pretty quick in Destro.

I've been trying to make gold off Cata greens because people swear it works with time. I haven't had a ton of luck so far, but I get so much that I'll keep at it for a while since it's decent Embersilk.

I'm not even sure WHY these greens are supposed to sell so much. People I talked to said it 's mostly people leveling who want better gear, but I'm kind of like, 'I'm not exactly having issues leveling with greens form Outlands while in Pandaria' due to Heirlooms carrying my dps. And I'd say it's for DEers, but TUJ lists these items at like anywhere from 100-3000 gold, which I have a hard time buying. It's clearly not transmoggers either. Do people twink at 75+ish? Is that the hot bracket?

That'd be my guess. Twink gear for sub-80 PvP bracket.

Not much else really makes sense.

Leatherworking is a pretty good max lvl profession and holy fuck does it require loads of crap to level.

Yeah...it's pretty annoying to say the least.

Some pretty good progression on H SCBF tonight. Best attempt at ~47% or so. Just gonna take awhile to get used to everything. Hardest part for me is figuring out when to use Gorefiend's Grasp because it's a 1 minute cooldown so I can't spam it to help with mines. Has to be used tactically if they're starting to get out of control but before they get too spread apart and get out of range.

Next week is farm so we probably won't see him again until the following week or late Saturday if we're quick on everything else. Probably going to miss or be late on Friday though due to a concert. I just hope one of my swords doesn't drop when I'm not there cause no one else is gonna use it ;_;

CassSept

I like this NPC already and this is just the 2nd quest

Njg0wV1.png

Noble and shamanistic people

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
My main character in the beta today entered the Minus World:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal condition!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Beta\WowB-64.exe
ProcessID: 2676
File: Client.cpp
Line: 5006

Bad zone ID -1
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13482148180

Zorbrix said:
Definitely something on our radar to fix. For some unknown reason the game thinks you're in an invalid zone map. For example, Eastern Kingdoms is Map 0, and Kalimdor is Map 1. This crash happens when the game reports you as being in Map -1, which shouldn't be possible.

You're in minus world, essentially. We'll try to rescue your characters, but for now you'll unfortunately have to use other characters.
Just some info if this happens to someone else here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate the Orc retcon attempts. I picked an Orc because I want to be a bloodthirsty savage. Let me pave that path of glory with them Draenei bones.

Magnus

Is it really a huge retcon when Thrall entered the scene back in 2002? At this point, more of Warcraft's storyline and lore has taken place since then than before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thrall was always supposed to be the exception, not the model which all Orcs should be based on. That's why he made for a unique character amongst his people. But now we're all 'noble and shamanistic'

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thrall was always supposed to be the exception, not the model which all Orcs should be based on. That's why he made for a unique character amongst his people. But now we're all 'noble and shamanistic'

I don't know if Thrall was really an *exception*, I think he was just to represent the best of what Orcs were and could be again. There are a good amount of Orc characters who maintain that sort of primitive and noble ideal without being quite as marysue as Thrall. Saurfang, Eitrigg, that chick in Grizzly Hills that ends up fighting her sister. Even Doomhammer to some extent.

Nazgrim is a very good example I think, of the sort of good and bad in orc culture. He is overall very loyal (to a fault) and determined, a superb combatant who values strength but is not a complete brute. He doesn't really have that vicious, uncompromising bloodlust of Garrosh and now the Iron Horde, but will serve those who do if he is honor bound to do so.

Poor Nazgrim. He deserved way better than to die in defense of Garrosh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if Thrall was really an *exception*, I think he was just to represent the best of what Orcs were and could be again. There are a good amount of Orc characters who maintain that sort of primitive and noble ideal without being quite as marysue as Thrall. Saurfang, Eitrigg, that chick in Grizzly Hills that ends up fighting her sister. Even Doomhammer to some extent.

Nazgrim is a very good example I think, of the sort of good and bad in orc culture. He is overall very loyal (to a fault) and determined, a superb combatant who values strength but is not a complete brute. He doesn't really have that vicious, uncompromising bloodlust of Garrosh and now the Iron Horde, but will serve those who do if he is honor bound to do so.

Poor Nazgrim. He deserved way better than to die in defense of Garrosh.

Even Nazgrim isn't a hippy Orc like Thrall or Aggra though. Or like they're trying to push this pre-deceiver Orcs now. Nazgrim talks about threatening to kill Anduin multiple times, charges into battle with the giant squid monster in Cata, and is very adamant on getting his vengeance for his people.

Thrall was OK in WC3, but I think they completely ruined his character in WoW.

So based on what I am testing with Warrior, it feels like they are working to bring stance dancing back, and man they really changed a lot of warrior skills, going to have to learn to play it all over again.

Sketchbag

Banned
Does anyone feel that Rogues need to be changed up? All three specs are pretty much identical play wise. It would be nice if there was a ranged/trap build to shake things up.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
In build 18566, Blizzard made addons available and thus also simple scripts. Of course I had to check the status of the Topless macro: /click TabardFrameCustomization2RightButton

I cannot get it to work currently on live, there you instead get a purple tabard with a symbol on (client side only). But on the beta servers this macro works which means some pics of the boobs of Azeroth, here called Boobs of Draenor however. With the new character models.

To comply with the TOS, here is a blurred image of the whole thing:

Unblurred, NSFW version: http://abload.de/img/draenorboobs_nsfwe0jy3.png

I took the liberty of making it not full images but a collage instead. Missing from here are the models for Tauren, Troll and Blood Elf. Greatest change from before is that the turtle icon, as seen in my earlier post about this macro here, is gone. And polygon count is higher.

This is a client side effect only, so doesn't help much if you wanna go streak Goldshire. But it perhaps can be of value to people that are into Machinima?

The female character models still do not have areolae while all the male character models, except for Blood Elf, do. I brought up this subject once on the official Battle.net forums, but the topic was quickly shot down. I am of the opinion that if female character models cannot have areolae, neither should the male characters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rösti;121874455 said:
In build 18566, Blizzard made addons available and thus also simple scripts. Of course I had to check the status of the Topless macro: /click TabardFrameCustomization2RightButton

I cannot get it to work currently on live, there you instead get a purple tabard with a symbol on (client side only). But on the beta servers this macro works which means some pics of the boobs of Azeroth, here called Boobs of Draenor however. With the new character models.

I took the liberty of making it not full images but a collage instead. Missing from here are the models for Tauren, Troll and Blood Elf. Greatest change from before is that the turtle icon, as seen in my earlier post about this macro here, is gone. And polygon count is higher.

This is a client side effect only, so doesn't help much if you wanna go streak Goldshire. But it perhaps can be of value to people that are into Machinima?

The female character models still do not have areolae while all the male character models, except for Blood Elf, do. I brought up this subject once on the official Battle.net forums, but the topic was quickly shot down. I am of the opinion that if female character models cannot have areolae, neither should the male characters.

Notsureifserious.jpg

What's the point of putting areolaes on female models when their boobs are always hidden by a bra when "naked" unless you're using a script/mod?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Notsureifserious.jpg

What's the point of putting areolaes on female models when their boobs are always hidden by a bra when "naked" unless you're using a script/mod?
I'm not saying that areolae should be added to the female characters, I'm saying areolae should be removed from the male characters if it's not a feature both genders have. For equality.

And I agree with you of course that adding areolae to females if it's just going to be covered by a bra would be pointless.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Rösti;121876288 said:
I'm not saying that areolae should be added to the female characters, I'm saying areolae should be removed from the male characters if it's not a feature both genders have. For equality.

And I agree with you of course that adding areolae to females if it's just going to be covered by a bra would be pointless.

Are you for real, dude?

Tacitus_

Is it really a huge retcon when Thrall entered the scene back in 2002? At this point, more of Warcraft's storyline and lore has taken place since then than before.

I happened to like the Horde when it was more about killing the puny pink skins than singing merry get-alongs with the elements.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I...don't know what to think here.

All hail our new baby overlords?

And Gorgrond looks gorgeous.

I really wish I had the Beta to play around with...

It's so funny that every.single.beta there is that bug that makes Hunter pets giant.

Like, how does that keep happening? You'd figure the game is so different the bug would be too.

Neverfade

Messed around with the beta bit last night.

Are there no new abilities in WOD? (outside of the leveling perks and the lvl 100 talents)

Edit: To clarify I mean abilities from 91-100. I realize certain classes are getting a lot of their existing abilities tweaked and changed.

Peachpies

Messed around with the beta bit last night.

Are there no new abilities in WOD? (outside of the leveling perks and the lvl 100 talents)

Edit: To clarify I mean abilities from 91-100. I realize certain classes are getting a lot of their existing abilities tweaked and changed.
just the leveling perks

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Race changed my Shaman to goblin for the haste buff and rocket jump for not getting gang banged in BGs. And because I was bored. But mostly it reminded me how much I'll be happy when expertise is gone because now I'm having to go back and reforge my enh pve set, and my pvp enhance set. And even my Ele pve set just because of the haste racial.

th3dude

Taking the advice to level my Paladin to 90 in Pandaria..

I'm only 85.5 or so at this point, but having a blast with these quests and zone! So fun!

Milennia

Worst possible day for raid testing to begin for most of my guild, but we managed to get a 10 man for the first and a good 13 or so for the second... anything but monday plz blizz (been doing raid testing for years and it never gets easier lol).

Always have issues with monday testing for some reason lol.

Really... as a female player with a cow avatar... I just want my fucking udders to stop rotating in a circle when I breathe. It's bugged me for years.

JSoup

Banned
Rösti;121874455 said:

Reminds me of the Mop beta. There was a few hours where none of the Pandaren undies were on the models. Org (and I'm sure Storm as well) was full of full frontal naked pandas running around.

Rösti;121876288 said:

I'm with you dude. TITTIES

Hi guys, I'm gonna start playing this game again, and I want to start fresh in a new server. I'm searching for a guild and I wanna play now on the horde side. I live in Germany so it have to be gmt +1. Thanks feel free to send me a pm if you guys have any interest to a new clan member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom