• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Has there been any noticeable graphical improvements in WoD? I thought MoP really improved their foliage and trees especially - anything similar in the new expansion?

All the trees in Gorgrond and SMV look pretty good. It's still really flat 2D textures everywhere though, it's really lacking volume imo.

And also the character models.

enchantTransmog.png

Finally.

antonz

In a soon-to-arrive build, we will be opening up Spires of Arakk and Nagrand, and will be raising the level cap to 100, leaving the entire level-up experience open for testing.

We have a close eye on the feedback that is being posted on these forums, and over the next week or two, you should see resolution for many of the major issues that you've been encountering in the currently released zones.

Please, keep the feedback coming. It is extremely useful in helping us identify issues that don't manifest in our internal environments, and your opinions on our content and systems are very important to us.

Thank you for all of your input and support.

Awesome News. Looks like the Beta is finally gaining steam.

glaurung

I am not in the beta. I don't want to be for some time reasons, but that's not important.

A question for those who have been playing the beta:

The garrison. Is it supposed to complement your chosen tradeskills or is it a limited access to tradeskills that your toon does not have?

I clicked around with the garrison builder at wowdb.com and it looked like most buildings have a dedicated tradeskill designation.

Tacitus_

I am not in the beta. I don't want to be for some time reasons, but that's not important.

The garrison. Is it supposed to complement your chosen tradeskills or is it a limited access to tradeskills that your toon does not have?

I clicked around with the garrison builder at wowdb.com and it looked like most buildings have a dedicated tradeskill designation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Garrisons are really broken at the moment. Maybe the next build will open things up since they promised a lot of bug fixes. At least the mine currently spawns loads of ores daily, which can currently be mined by everyone. Though the mine is broken since you can't upgrade it to lvl 2 properly so who knows what's intended behaviour there.

Rokam

Ask the devs on twitter, try @mumper. It's your best bet to get an answer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should have taken a screen but whatever. Kill Heroic Garrosh tonight. No mount for me, but I'll probably get the first one from 25 man. Went really smooth either way.

Skorrge

Neo Member
Hey all,

I am looking to buy a new gaming headset. I want a better quality one that works with both PC and PS4. I found the Turtle Beach PX22. While it seems pretty good, before I jump into, I thought I would ask you guys if any of you have it or tried it.

Recommendations for any other mic would be helpful as well.

I'm not looking to spend top dollar. Trying to stay in the $50-$120 range.

Thanks for the help!

Magnus

I had a field day with Alchemy yesterday. Flask of the Earth was going for 92g a piece and the others almost followed. Made around 9k from flasks alone, and some scrabs from Potion of Luck.

Man. I really need to learn how to make gold with my profs.

I have a 600 Alch, JC and Ench. A victory for me is making like 500-1k gold due to a great transmute proc or whatever. I only have 20k right now.

With these profs I should probably be rich. Teach me the ways!! :(

Anilusion

Ugh, likewise. :(

Do you think being banned from the WotLK demo years ago (due to alleged abuse of a broken skill - insane, they broke it in the build and I barely used it a few times in a Naxx run) has blacklisted me?

I got into the hearthstone beta just fine...

Wait... they banned you for bug abuse in a beta? That's fucked up.

ampere

Has there been any noticeable graphical improvements in WoD? I thought MoP really improved their foliage and trees especially - anything similar in the new expansion?

Graphics, a bit. Performance? Huge improvements already, aside from lag and servers crashing which will get fixed.

Seriously. Nice to have a no enchant option finally. I hope they add popular favorites like Mongoose to the 'enchantsmog' options.

$10 says they forget to make it work for runeforges. Trololo DKs.

I almost forgot about Runeforging on my beta DK and used one of the new enchants. Almost.

Ugh, likewise. :(

Do you think being banned from the WotLK demo years ago (due to alleged abuse of a broken skill - insane, they broke it in the build and I barely used it a few times in a Naxx run) has blacklisted me?

I got into the hearthstone beta just fine...

No idea if you were blacklisted, but did you use the Balance Druid exploit with Typhoon having no GCD or CD to kill Sapphron?

That was hilarious, but... probably not a smart idea.

Magnus

Wait... they banned you for bug abuse in a beta? That's fucked up.

Right? I'd hardly call it abuse, either. What's suffering, a boss? From dying too quickly?

We weren't griefing anyone or making wild gains in gold or something that would imbalance the real game; it's a beta.

No idea if you were blacklisted, but did you use the Balance Druid exploit with Typhoon having no GCD or CD to kill Sapphron?

That was hilarious, but... probably not a smart idea.

And yes, it was when Typhoon was broken for a few hours. I joined a Naxx run, and the other people there alerted me to the fact that Typhoon was broken, and like 15 druids starting running around killing everything in seconds. Sure, I ran with them for a few minutes and Typhoon spammed some stuff. And then we were all banned. lol

Right? I'd hardly call it abuse, either. What's suffering, a boss? From dying too quickly?

We weren't griefing anyone or making wild gains in gold or something that would imbalance the real game; it's a beta.

And yes, it was when Typhoon was broken for a few hours. I joined a Naxx run, and the other people there alerted me to the fact that Typhoon was broken, and like 15 druids starting running around killing everything in seconds. Sure, I ran with them for a few minutes and Typhoon spammed some stuff. And then we were all banned. lol
Wait... isn't the whole reason you're in a beta is to expose stuff like that? And you were banned for it? That really doesn't make any sense to me...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Zorbrix said:
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance later today in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA at this time, but I will update this post if I receive one.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13568067081

Nagrand and Spires of Arak shortly then, I guess in 6-8 hours. Servers about to go offline in time of writing this.

Hixx

They're bringing up a new server for max-level PvE testing on the beta, speeding up Garrisons etc to test the later stuff. Picking up the pace!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They're bringing up a new server for max-level PvE testing on the beta, speeding up Garrisons etc to test the later stuff. Picking up the pace!

Yeah I'm really surprised they are banging out those 2 zones already. I'm not even done with frostfire yet! Well I mean I am 92 and have the quest go to Gorgrond but I want to do more stuff here.

Also, anyone able to do that "clear the mine" quest for garrison? (might be horde only?) The NPC right at the mine gave me the quest but the mine entrance is still all boarded up so I can't get in. Figured I'd ask here before braving the official forums (which I might not even be able to post on since I don't have an active wow sub)

Fjordson

Am I alone in hating what they did to her face? All five of my horde healers(and my main) are female tauren, so I'm hoping it grows on me...
It's definitely not my favourite of the new models. That being said, I still think it's a big improvement over the current female Tauren.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

People were saying how behind schedule they were on beta, but I remember the Wildstar beta going from like 20% done to 75% done in one major patch, so there's no telling where WoD is at. Hopefully soon.

Hixx

People were saying how behind schedule they were on beta, but I remember the Wildstar beta going from like 20% done to 75% done in one major patch, so there's no telling where WoD is at. Hopefully soon.

Blizzard have said the next few builds are going to be polishing the levelling zones to pretty much completion as well. Still think we could be on course for a very late September-mid October release. Though that will change if 6.0 PTR isn't announced in the next week or so.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Also, anyone able to do that "clear the mine" quest for garrison? (might be horde only?) The NPC right at the mine gave me the quest but the mine entrance is still all boarded up so I can't get in. Figured I'd ask here before braving the official forums (which I might not even be able to post on since I don't have an active wow sub)

Alliance here and that's where I left off as well. Couldn't go into the mine.

Magnus

Wait... isn't the whole reason you're in a beta is to expose stuff like that? And you were banned for it? That really doesn't make any sense to me...

They considered it in an exploit of a 'known bug' or something like that. I found it preposterous in a beta. The hilarious part was the mod who did it suddenly appeared in our chat window and gave us a telling off, first, with some smarmy comment. I wasn't impressed.

In other news.... BAM:

At iLevel 488 (barely above a freshly boosted 90) and with only one consumable, a Flask of the Warm Sun. Haha!

I'm pleased with myself. I wish I had survived right till the end, but things got a little messy due to nerves on the 3rd wave of Imps following the last Fel Hunter phase. I think I picked up aggro from the second unbanished doom lord or something.

Thankfully, the Pit Lord remains enslaved, and he took Kanrethad down the final 8 or 9% with my judicious use of Fel Flame Breaths and Charges (with and without Cataclysm happening). It was a serious race to the bottom; the Pit Lord only had 5-10% health left himself, lol.

Such a tight gameplay experience. I'm actually sad I can't revisit it and try it again.

The hilarious part was trying to figure out how to get back to the banished Kanrethad to siphon the Green Fire; there were still two Doom Lords and two waves of imps (120!) sitting there waiting for me. Had to run them all around and all over the place, lol.

I wish I could give you guys my beta code, as I was invited and have zero interest in it...but I guess the Hearthstone beta was the last time Blizzard used codes vs. account bound.

I just don't want all the extra gigs on my PC just to play a halfway done expansion that I'm going to have to do all over again at launch. It's not like you get to save your leveling progress or anything like that, right? Are there any perks for participating in a WoW beta?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only thing that burns about me not getting a Juggernaught mount until we get 25 man down now is

A) The comp we brought to 10 CREAMED Garrosh. I've never seen him kill that fast before since we brought an even balance of melee and ranged.
B) The mount is so perfect for goblins... Of which I am.
C) Someone give me a beta invite. I'm bored out of my mind.

Tacitus_

Yeah I'm really surprised they are banging out those 2 zones already. I'm not even done with frostfire yet! Well I mean I am 92 and have the quest go to Gorgrond but I want to do more stuff here.

Is your garrison upgraded? The mine opens up only at lvl 2 garrison.

ampere

Oh awesome. Hopefully the next raid test is smooth and I can convince more guildies to try it out.

antonz

Well this should solve alot of bugs people had with garrisons etc if they are fixed as expected.

In preparation for the next beta build that is planned to go live July 25, we will be doing a character wipe on the beta realms. Once the new build is live, you will also notice that the realms have been renamed, and that you will be able to create level 100 PvP and PvE characters. For more information about the new realm names, check out the thread Lore recently posted here.

They considered it in an exploit of a 'known bug' or something like that. I found it preposterous in a beta. The hilarious part was the mod who did it suddenly appeared in our chat window and gave us a telling off, first, with some smarmy comment. I wasn't impressed.

In other news.... BAM:

At iLevel 488 (barely above a freshly boosted 90) and with only one consumable, a Flask of the Warm Sun. Haha!

I'm pleased with myself. I wish I had survived right till the end, but things got a little messy due to nerves on the 3rd wave of Imps following the last Fel Hunter phase. I think I picked up aggro from the second unbanished doom lord or something.

Thankfully, the Pit Lord remains enslaved, and he took Kanrethad down the final 8 or 9% with my judicious use of Fel Flame Breaths and Charges (with and without Cataclysm happening). It was a serious race to the bottom; the Pit Lord only had 5-10% health left himself, lol.

Such a tight gameplay experience. I'm actually sad I can't revisit it and try it again.

The hilarious part was trying to figure out how to get back to the banished Kanrethad to siphon the Green Fire; there were still two Doom Lords and two waves of imps (120!) sitting there waiting for me. Had to run them all around and all over the place, lol.

I'll let you do mine. ;p

RPGCrazied

Looks like they'll actually get them all for launch. I'm impressed.

Now for the better facial customization... different face geometry.

I don't think they will be all available for play though. Sure they might show them all off by the time WoD comes out. But I think just the vanilla race's will be playable at launch. Others will be in the upcoming content WoD patches. I feel anyway.

I don't think they will be all available for play though. Sure they might show them all off by the time WoD comes out. But I think just the vanilla race's will be playable at launch. Others will be in the upcoming content WoD patches. I feel anyway.

Draenei are playable right now. It'll probably be all of them by 6.0 pre patch.

Garrisons were outright broken since I was able to log into the beta. Quests didn't work, you couldn't recruit new NPCs, bonus objectives failed to trigger, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom