• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

If you have profession buildings and a spirit lodge, coupled with the shipyard and express work order items, you can do the HM portion in a reset and the BRF portion in two resets. Then, HFC will definitely take you at least 3 resets and probably 4.

So, less than 2 months is (easily) possible if you have the right shit set up, but it's probably 2.5 months if not (more realistic).

I did my 3rd ring in 6 weeks, but that was with HM being done in the first reset and BRF only taking 1.5 resets.

Damn the feldrake was like 100k on my server the other day and now the lowest is 150k. Shoulda bought it.
T0xlAQI.gif

Fjordson

Man will I unlock any other dailies for the Saberstalkers rep? Need it for Draenor flying, but I only have one quest in an area with elites that I can't solo =[

Jag

Man will I unlock any other dailies for the Saberstalkers rep? Need it for Draenor flying, but I only have one quest in an area with elites that I can't solo =[

Get the DMF 10% rep buff. Use group finder for the 3 elite weekly quest. Farm the mats yourself and you'll have no problem getting a group. Especially on reset day.

Also use group finder to find saberstalker rep grind groups. The special bosses give extra rep. It's probably the easiest of the three to get to honored.

Group finder.

Group finder

Group finder.

cdyhybrid

Sure, but I don't know, I guess I just don't understand the core raiding mentality any more.

It's the same as it's been for a long time.

Nope. Do the one weekly quest, do the daily quest to farm the 100 teeth from your Tanaan outpost if you get it that day, and grind mobs otherwise. If you get a good group it goes pretty fast, you get 30 rep per mob and I think rares give a lot more. I got Revered in one session.

Fjordson

Get the DMF 10% rep buff. Use group finder for the 3 elite weekly quest. Farm the mats yourself and you'll have no problem getting a group. Especially on reset day.

Also use group finder to find saberstalker rep grind groups. The special bosses give extra rep. It's probably the easiest of the three to get to honored.

Group finder.

Group finder

Group finder.

Nope. Do the one weekly quest, do the daily quest to farm the 100 teeth from your Tanaan outpost if you get it that day, and grind mobs otherwise. If you get a good group it goes pretty fast, you get 30 rep per mob and I think rares give a lot more. I got Revered in one session.
Shit, group finder! Not sure why I forget about using that for certain things. May try to find / start a group this weekend. Thanks brehs!

If you have profession buildings and a spirit lodge, coupled with the shipyard and express work order items, you can do the HM portion in a reset and the BRF portion in two resets. Then, HFC will definitely take you at least 3 resets and probably 4.

So, less than 2 months is (easily) possible if you have the right shit set up, but it's probably 2.5 months if not (more realistic).

I did my 3rd ring in 6 weeks, but that was with HM being done in the first reset and BRF only taking 1.5 resets.

What's the setup?

I want to do this, but I don't know if I have it in me.

phierce

What's the setup?

You'd want level 3 profession buildings (or at least level 2s with store house for the extra orders) and a nice stock of said profession insta-work orders...a spirit lodge for stacks of the instant-mission items...and a level 3 shipyard as quickly as possible. (Having alts to funnel work order mats helps or just buy 'em)

Use the work order items to spam work orders and the mission items to speed up the shipyard missions and to instantly complete follower missions...all of the above yield extra/frequent hm/brf stones.

Edit: What I mentioned about 6 weeks was done before they added those catch up quests. Just thought about these...could probably do it even quicker now. Hell, may not need all I listed above with these quests. Not sure as I haven't done them.

Jag

Shit, group finder! Not sure why I forget about using that for certain things. May try to find / start a group this weekend. Thanks brehs!

Abuse the hell out of group finder. Looking for a specific rare that drops an upgrade? Use group finder to realm jump until you find him spawned. It's like a magic world traveling tool.

You should also be using it every week to find Kazaak kills. He drops 705 (shitty-ish) gear.

What's the setup?

Also don't neglect your shityard. There is a mandatory questline that requires a max level shityard. If you have the Awakener (a rep ship from Tanaan), it makes the last/hardest mission easier. I think that guide I linked also has a guide for the shityard missions.

It's a slog, but not bad if you have other things you can do in between.

I knocked out each week's worth of LFR grinding in a few (3-4ish) hours on each Tuesday reset. After that I was done with LFR for the week. Just mass queue for each wing you need.

Ullus

Gotta say, it's my first time going through WOD, and it feels like you level way too fast.
Just got done with Frostfire and already level 95, with no looms.

Gotta say, it's my first time going through WOD, and it feels like you level way too fast.
Just got done with Frostfire and already level 95, with no looms.

Once you know where all the lootable treasures are your exp gain per zone roughly triples. My first time through I didn't hit 100 until well into Spires of Arak. Slowing me down were some buggy bonus objectives not completing (hello Gorgrond), breadcrumb quests bugging out (hello again Gorgrond) and not doing dungeons because they were awful to get into in the early days of WoD.

cdyhybrid

Got Rank 8 in the Brawler's Guild last night. Had tried to do it a looooooooong time ago, but had to stop because I just didn't have enough DPS to kill Nibbleh. Came back at ~695 and pretty much walked through it all other than a single trial run on some fights.

Much easier than it was in MOP. And no Hexos (thank goodness).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got Rank 8 in the Brawler's Guild last night. Had tried to do it a looooooooong time ago, but had to stop because I just didn't have enough DPS to kill Nibbleh. Came back at ~695 and pretty much walked through it all other than a single trial run on some fights.

Much easier than it was in MOP. And no Hexos (thank goodness).

You can basically walk through to like rank 7 at 650. It's just a matter of having the dps to do the fights.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I was trying to do it at ~630ish, Heroic dungeon gear basically :p

I got to the giant snake guy in heroic gear before I had any trouble, the dps requirement was just too much for a guy that mains a tank and doesn't use his dps spec too much. I'm in like 670 for both tank and dps now, I haven't really been raiding at all due to work and other shit so I've stagnated, so I might go back and finish it up.

cdyhybrid

I got to the giant snake guy in heroic gear before I had any trouble, the dps requirement was just too much for a guy that mains a tank and doesn't use his dps spec too much. I'm in like 670 for both tank and dps now, I haven't really been raiding at all due to work and other shit so I've stagnated, so I might go back and finish it up.

The only one I was really pushing the timer on was the very last boss. The rain of fire had already started when he died :p

strafer

Blizz is slowly falling apart. Now my favorite pug is leaving.

When my best friend suggested I try to get a job at Blizzard in late 2007, I stopped what I was doing in game, alt-tabbed to my web browser, and checked out the job listings. Sure enough, Game Master positions were open and I thought, what the heck? It wasn’t long before the Community Team accepted me into their ranks, and it’s made all the difference. Fast-forward to today, and I still cannot believe how my life has changed, how I’ve grown as a professional and a person by being a member of the Blizzard family. From my first BlizzCon in 2008, to the orc statue being installed on campus, from the Crithto NPC being added to the game, to seeing the Warcraft film go from being a dream to a reality, my time here has certainly been extremely meaningful.

What is probably the most difficult decision I’ve ever had to make was to choose to move on to a new opportunity that was recently offered to me. I’ll get to face new challenges and really push my skills as a relationship builder and communicator, but none of this would be possible if it weren’t for my time and experience here at Blizzard. Candidly speaking, the day before I let my managers know I had decided to leave, I cried . . . a lot more than I should probably admit, but I did.

Blizzard’s games, my teammates, co-workers, and everything about being here and a part of this incredible community for these many years have meant so much to me, I can barely give these genuine emotions enough justice through written words. In a recent email to a close friend, I explained that Blizzard has felt like a “home” to me in the truest sense of the word. And the timing sure made my decision all the more difficult, too, given that my last day will be tomorrow (October 8) and I won’t be able to see some of you at BlizzCon as a Blizzard employee (though I do hope to attend).

I can’t thank all of you enough for your love and support, the weird pug pictures you’ve sent me on Twitter, and for your genuine passion for this game and all things Blizzard. I may be stepping down as “Crithto”, but I will always remain a fellow gamer, and I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point again in the near future. /Respect, /Hug, /Farewell!

Maddrical

Has it been mentioned if Legion is going to have the mines/herb gardens that garrisons give you? I don't know if I should drop LW for mining in preparation for Legion. Everyone having access to ore & herbs from their garrison was one of the strangest decisions I've seen in WoW, I still don't understand half their decisions when it comes to garrisons.

cdyhybrid

Has it been mentioned if Legion is going to have the mines/herb gardens that garrisons give you? I don't know if I should drop LW for mining in preparation for Legion. Everyone having access to ore & herbs from their garrison was one of the strangest decisions I've seen in WoW, I still don't understand half their decisions when it comes to garrisons.

They haven't said either way, but I doubt it. Since 1) garrisons are going away, and 2) they probably saw a huge drop in the number of people taking Mining/Herbalism.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

They will definitely not.

They haven't said so either way, but I guarantee you they will not have a herb farm/ore m ine that trivializes Herbalism/Mining again.

Maddrical

Thanks guys. I'll drop LW for mining tonight then.

I'm glad they're going away, I thought it was incredibly stupid allowing all players to have access to ore & herbs but hey what do I know, I don't work for Blizzard.

Robin64

They went some way to fixing it with 6.2, at least, having the Felblight only drop from gathering in Tanaan. But yeah, this was a stupidass decision in the first place.

strafer

So did anyone here experience the Taurens plainsrunning ability before it got removed? I was reading up on it and it sounded terrible.

It would take 10 seconds of running before the skill would kick in and its maximum speed was as fast as a mount. The tauren would get a new version of the skill when they reached level 60; this skill's maximum speed was equal to an "epic" mount.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So did anyone here experience the Taurens plainsrunning ability before it got removed? I was reading up on it and it sounded terrible.
Imagine using it in Battlegrounds. Or saving money on mounts back when you had to grind out the gold for them. It's actually pretty decent.

ampere

Got Tyrant down and coined the trinket. Not sure I will ever use it, but it's funny to sit at 870k hp with Fort and two stam trinkets lol

Lomax

Got Tyrant down and coined the trinket. Not sure I will ever use it, but it's funny to sit at 870k hp with Fort and two stam trinkets lol

Seeing numbers like that just makes me wonder what the point of the stat squish was. Are they just going to squish the WoD stuff once Legion comes out?

ampere

Seeing numbers like that just makes me wonder what the point of the stat squish was. Are they just going to squish the WoD stuff once Legion comes out?

Hp isn't very squished since they doubled it after the squish, but our dps is still a good bit lower. 100k vs 500k in Siege

But they will have to do another stat squish eventually, maybe after Legion or so.

Hey all. I plan on really getting into this game for the first time. I've played the game a bit here and there over the years while visiting a friend but I know very little about it and just had some questions.

When I buy the basic package for $19.99, does that free month start right away or do I need to do something to activate it?

I've always been fond of the Shaman class and I got to reading up on them in regards to how they currently are and they don't seem well liked. I plan on playing solo for the most part; will I have any problems with this class? How well can they solo things like dungeons and raids? Or can they?

ampere

Hey all. I plan on really getting into this game for the first time. I've played the game a bit here and there over the years while visiting a friend but I know very little about it and just had some questions.

When I buy the basic package for $19.99, does that free month start right away or do I need to do something to activate it?

I've always been fond of the Shaman class and I got to reading up on them in regards to how they currently are and they don't seem well liked. I plan on playing solo for the most part; will I have any problems with this class? How well can they solo things like dungeons and raids? Or can they?

It starts when you make the account. Buying the key does not immediately start that process IIRC, pretty sure you have to "upgrade" your trial account for that to happen.

Regarding Shamans, I used to main one and got tired of it. You won't have a tanking spec so that does limit your soloing capabilities, and limits you if you end up wanting to tank. I'd recommend a full hybrid that can do all 3 roles (tank, heal, damage) like Paladin, Druid or Monk. Though anyone at max level can do a lot of solo old raid and dungeon content, you just need to be tanky to handle the more recent stuff.

At the end of the day there's no harm in trying different classes and jumping around a bit, have fun!

It starts when you make the account. Buying the key does not immediately start that process IIRC, pretty sure you have to "upgrade" your trial account for that to happen.

Regarding Shamans, I used to main one and got tired of it. You won't have a tanking spec so that does limit your soloing capabilities, and limits you if you end up wanting to tank. I'd recommend a full hybrid that can do all 3 roles (tank, heal, damage) like Paladin, Druid or Monk. Though anyone at max level can do a lot of solo old raid and dungeon content, you just need to be tanky to handle the more recent stuff.

At the end of the day there's no harm in trying different classes and jumping around a bit, have fun!

Thanks for the info. Something else I've noticed that's said a lot is that melee classes have a hard time getting into raids and that most people prefer ranged DPS. How true is that?

cdyhybrid

Thanks for the info. Something else I've noticed that's said a lot is that melee classes have a hard time getting into raids and that most people prefer ranged DPS. How true is that?

It's true if you're trying to PUG it (some melee are more desired than others, though), but if you join a guild or use OpenRaid it's not an issue.

ampere

The problem with that is they keep adding melee and not adding ranged. The classes added to the game have melee only for their dps specs: Death Knight, Monk, and now Demon Hunter. They're even converting a Hunter ranged spec into a melee spec in the expansion (Survival).

It's more of a design issue than anything. Of course people will flock to new classes. It's on Blizzard to make sure they don't over-saturate melee. Demon Hunter should have a ranged spec regardless of lore, just to help the melee issue.

My Mythic raid group has an issue of having too many melee this expac. We have not benched anyone because of it, but it has caused us problems in some cases.

Tacitus_

They also keep heaping most of the boss mechanics to the ranged dps. Something needs to be soaked? Ranged do it. An add needs to be killed? Ranged does it.

They also keep heaping most of the boss mechanics to the ranged dps. Something needs to be soaked? Ranged do it. An add needs to be killed? Ranged does it.

Yeah I main a warlock but do a heroic clear with alts on my DK and man, everything is so much more laid back/stress-free/relaxed as a DK @_@. Spread some diseases, hit some buttons, stay locked on to the boss' ass *yawwwwn.

Top Bottom