• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hunter "hidden" skins: two you buy the other one is a drop from a raid boss. All three are ugly. Perfect exemple to all the work Blizz has put into hunters this xpac.

As others have said, at least one of them is a guaranteed drop

'click this order hall button once a day and you might get it. maybe.'

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh that weird fish bowgun thing for hutners is in the game as a raid drop then? I assumed it was to be added later since they already had hidden skins

Ark

Happy to see that they've finally nerfed prot warriors in the correct way. It'll suck a bit not being stupidly OP anymore, but at least rage regen will be decent again.

Impulsor

there are so many super undergeared people that my guild will probably keep running normal for a long time. I feel like we could finish heroic in 1-2 weeks if we focused pretty hard on it or did an extra raid day. But it's not a super hardcore guild and that's fine. The crazies have an outlet now in Mythic+.
What's importante to me in the end is to enjoy the content.

It doesn't even atter if we keep on raiding on normal until people are better equipped.

We already experienced the thrill of completing the raid, so for me its less pressure now.

Additionally I'll say that I started tanking on this expansion and man, I'm loving it. I'm gonna be a tank for the rest of my wow life, and future mmos.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The new speculation about Unholy hidden artifact is that it required 25+ points spent in the weapon, as everyone who got it so far has that. I've been slacking and am only at 20. Oof.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've seen some trolls posting about the arms axe that you have to respec all your points with AK5+ to unlock it

this was obivously untrue and made people waste points. mystery can be fun sometimes.

Renekton

Question. Why did Blizzard charge 2m gold for Spider Mount instead of Fox mount?

That Fox mount would have been amazing for draining excess gold from the system.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Awful quest due to the extremely low drop rates but behold, double doggy!

frsPALt.jpg

Mupod

What's importante to me in the end is to enjoy the content.

It doesn't even atter if we keep on raiding on normal until people are better equipped.

We already experienced the thrill of completing the raid, so for me its less pressure now.

Additionally I'll say that I started tanking on this expansion and man, I'm loving it. I'm gonna be a tank for the rest of my wow life, and future mmos.

tanking in WoW is pretty different from other MMOs. Quite some time ago it was decided that the engaging aspects of WoW tanking were in managing your incoming damage, not aggro generation. Not all MMOs do this, for example FF14 when I was playing was closer to early WoW tanking in that to be effective in dungeons as a WAR I would do things like tab target cycle between 3 mobs in the middle of my rotation. In WoW, threat generation isn't something I really even think about as it's nearly impossible to pull off of a tank even going full throttle from the start.

Of course things like positioning mobs, situational awareness, being the 'leader' and pulling correctly, understanding the limits of your healer are all the same anywhere. So if that's what you're enjoying then playing a tank is a good choice.

The new speculation about Unholy hidden artifact is that it required 25+ points spent in the weapon, as everyone who got it so far has that. I've been slacking and am only at 20. Oof.

well that's horseshit. I'm required to tank and DPS so I level mine equally (both are 21). I clear mythic+ constantly so I get a lot of AP but even if I'd poured it all into Apocalypse I'd probably just barely be there.

Magnus

Our guild is clearing Normal regularly now. We're still using ML for a 20-30 person raid size (depending on each night's attendance). Is that a mistake? Should we be using personal?

We see between 5 and 6 drops per boss, and have only DE'd one thing so far. (Mail boots that dropped 3x off one boss lol)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Our guild is clearing Normal regularly now. We're still using ML for a 20-30 person raid size (depending on each night's attendance). Is that a mistake? Should we be using personal?

We see between 5 and 6 drops per boss, and have only DE'd one thing so far. (Mail boots that dropped 3x off one boss lol)

Personal loot will net you more overall but its like using a shotgun instead of a low-level sniper.

If you guys are still trying to specifically gear people keep doing it. My guild does DKP though so I think we will stick with ML for a while in normal until we just stop doing it at all.

PatzCU

Coming back to WoW after many years off. Can anyone recommend a good professions for a poor returning player? I was thinking mining/enchanting or herb/enchanting.

Basically just looking for a way to make money but also eventually get a profession-based stat boost at end game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just finished the Priest campaign, wtf at what looked like a
light eredar demon? A good guy demon
? whut?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Coming back to WoW after many years off. Can anyone recommend a good professions for a poor returning player? I was thinking mining/enchanting or herb/enchanting.

Basically just looking for a way to make money but also eventually get a profession-based stat boost at end game.

Herbalism/Enchanting. crafted items aren't worth a shit right now, and Herbalism is infinite gold. I started Legion with nothing and am casually sitting on over a million atm, mostly from just selling herbs.

PatzCU

Herbalism/Enchanting. crafted items aren't worth a shit right now, and Herbalism is infinite gold. I started Legion with nothing and am casually sitting on over a million atm, mostly from just selling herbs.

Sweet, doing herb/enchanting. Thanks!

Remind me; are enchants sellable on the auction house now?

Brewmasters buffed?

9NByIvF.jpg

It does feel kinda bad that Leatherworking (and some other professions as well) is essentially totally useless after the first week. Need some kinda boon for 7.1 or something.

mclem

just finished the Priest campaign, wtf at what looked like a
light eredar demon? A good guy demon
? whut?

He turns up in the pally campaign too (and becomes a Champion for us, no less!) - does he only turn up at the end of yours, when we bring him over?

He's the same species as those that became Dreadlords (Nathrezim), but he became infused with Light; the exact details of how that happened haven't (as far as I'm aware) been established, but now he's working with Turalyon and the Army of the Light to push back the Burning Legion.

Every expac this happens. I just hope it isn't reverted later lol

Well 5% more stagger is nice but it isn't a huuuuge buff considering we are a lil below mid tier currently (tho certainly not nearly as bad as some seem to think). I think this might bring us to a good place. Especially on physical damage 5% can be the difference between life and death.

Besides Brewmasters are almost extinct anyway so nobody probably would be vocal even if we started to perform really well lol.

edit: One ''buff'' I'd like to see for Brewmasters is that Special Delivery wouldn't target mobs that are paralyzed (or CCd in any way I guess) unless there are no other aggroed mobs available.

Lomax

Question. Why did Blizzard charge 2m gold for Spider Mount instead of Fox mount?

That Fox mount would have been amazing for draining excess gold from the system.

The better question is why is there still a one million gold cap on bmah bids, because that should be sucking massive amounts of gold out of the system.

Mupod

Just read the hotfixes. The adjustments for the mythic+ target timers do make sense but I feel like they need to look at Court of Stars and Arcway too. If you go too fast in CoS you trigger the RP at the end which slows you down, but you can also get severely hamstrung by bad RNG on buff items.

Arcway is the other way around in that while the place is a horrible shitty slog it's almost too forgiving on the timer. We had multiple wipes on a keystone in there, and at the start of the dungeon went the wrong direction because we didn't realize the doors shifted when you start the keystone. We still got 2 chests easily.

edit: can't watch videos here. Is Necrotic up this week? Fuck.

scy

Il’gynoth
On Mythic difficulty, Il’gynoth’s health has been increased by 200%, but loses one-third of that value each time the Eye of Il’gynoth is defeated.

Hahaha, of course.

tNot all MMOs do this, for example FF14 when I was playing was closer to early WoW tanking in that to be effective in dungeons as a WAR I would do things like tab target cycle between 3 mobs in the middle of my rotation.

For the most part, XIV tanking (at least since Second Coil so like 4 raid tiers?) has basically been negligible threat management outside of on-pull and/or when DPS min/maxing and mechanics-based mitigation use. AoE threat is mostly a non-issue in dungeons. I think a lot of tanking in general has gone more into the threat as a by-product of what you're doing so it's mostly a "hitting thing or not" binary check.

v1perz53

Bleh, I'm not really a fan of this system where the keystone you get from your order hall box comes pre-upgraded, with no way to downgrade it. Still plenty of loot to be had from +2s, and I had a lot of fun trying to optimize our time but the game won't let me unless I try to mass carry people with +2 stones. I wonder if I did a regular mythic before opening my box if I could get a +2 that way...

Either way I wish you could choose (and maybe even pay) to de-level your mythic keystone.

Mupod

Hahaha, of course.

For the most part, XIV tanking (at least since Second Coil so like 4 raid tiers?) has basically been negligible threat management outside of on-pull and/or when DPS min/maxing and mechanics-based mitigation use. AoE threat is mostly a non-issue in dungeons. I think a lot of tanking in general has gone more into the threat as a by-product of what you're doing so it's mostly a "hitting thing or not" binary check.

my data on that game is, like, 2013-2014 heh. It wasn't exactly tab target sunder armor levels but I definitely remember needing to do some tab targeting gymnastics with my 3 hit combo to be absolutely sure that BLMs abusing Flare wouldn't pull off me during dungeon speedruns. But yeah it makes sense to me that they'd follow WoW in that respect over time.

I saw a Ghostcrawler post on mmo-champ yesterday where he talked about having to gear for threat and finding that interesting, I totally get where he was coming from even if not everyone agrees. In vanilla WoW I was that crazy tanking bear druid and I was able to out-aggro warriors several times over due to silly scaling on Maul. I did similar things in BC and loved my max agility-gear offtank role.

Meanwhile nowadays as a Blood DK, Death and Decay alone will keep a mob's attention, to say nothing of all the other damage I'm putting out nonstop. I honestly want to see what the Skittish affix is like just because I haven't had to think about aggro at any point for even a millisecond.

Bleh, I'm not really a fan of this system where the keystone you get from your order hall box comes pre-upgraded, with no way to downgrade it. Still plenty of loot to be had from +2s, and I had a lot of fun trying to optimize our time but the game won't let me unless I try to mass carry people with +2 stones. I wonder if I did a regular mythic before opening my box if I could get a +2 that way...

Either way I wish you could choose (and maybe even pay) to de-level your mythic keystone.

Our plan tonight was to run a quick regular mythic before opening the box. Do you not get a level 2 from that?

Sölf

Our plan tonight was to run a quick regular mythic before opening the box. Do you not get a level 2 from that?

I am pretty sure the stone will still be upgraded. It doesn't matter where it came from, what matter is your highest Mythic+ you cleared in the previous week.

v1perz53

Sölf;219016250 said:
I am pretty sure the stone will still be upgraded. It doesn't matter where it came from, what matter is your highest Mythic+ you cleared in the previous week.

Unfortunate, but I'm trying to reach out to the people I run with to tell them not to open their boxes and check tonight when we run a quick mythic. I will probably appreciate this when I am ilvl 950 and doing +20 regularly, but for right now I just wish I could do +2s without having to kick someone out of our 5 man group to carry pugs through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And he resets easily.

What a good video game you've made Blizzard. It's a hell of a try for your first effort.

oh wait.

scy

While I agree it'd be great to keep +2s to easily spam, I do still hold out for some way of farming the low level ones less enticing over spamming higher ones. And while not heavy handed forcing the situation somehow.

my data on that game is, like, 2013-2014 heh. It wasn't exactly tab target sunder armor levels but I definitely remember needing to do some tab targeting gymnastics with my 3 hit combo to be absolutely sure that BLMs abusing Flare wouldn't pull off me during dungeon speedruns. But yeah it makes sense to me that they'd follow WoW in that respect over time.

I want to say I basically started playing around when you quit, actually? Somewhere around that time period since I remember mentions of the name in GAF Mumble back in the day. Yeah, leveling is still some good habits of rotate threat combo but it's pretty free threat . Which is fine, really? I think I prefer not having finicky target swapping mechanisms at this point unless the interface makes it a super easy situation to read and use. As long as they keep doing more fight-related things to being wary of while constantly doing your damage / mitigation stuff then it's mostly fine.

I do agree on the Skittish bit though. It'll be nice to have to wonder about it at least as far as how pulls are paced. I just hope it doesn't lend towards "skittish week, everyone go ranged instead" or other gimmicks to ignore it.

erawsd

Yeah Withered Jim has no business being a World boss. They should have took half these world bosses and made a new Vault of Archavon.

scy

Yeah Withered Jim has no business being a World boss. They should have took half these world bosses and made a new Vault of Archavon.

Every time I look at Violet Hold I just question how this happened.

Edit: Withered Jim + PvP server = Life is shit

lazygecko

Aaand the Kirin Tor enigma quest in Val'sharah is bugged and can't be completed. There aren't enough other Kirin Tor quests in the rotation to complete the emissary quest either. Great job, Blizz!

Magnus

Aaand the Kirin Tor enigma quest in Val'sharah is bugged and can't be completed. There aren't enough other Kirin Tor quests in the rotation to complete the emissary quest either. Great job, Blizz!

For those who are also finding the Kirin Tor WQs bugged - delete your Cache folder and log back in. You still won't get to see the puzzle blocks 'registering' as you step on them, but you'll be able to finish the puzzles.

Top Bottom