• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

M.D

If you have the update button, the above workaround won't work. Instead, create a shortcut to your Wow-64.exe, and then add the -uid wow_engb argument to the target field in the shortcut properties.

I ended up deleting my WTF folder without really thinking of what I'm doing... yeah...

Robin64

Best hotfix.

Items rewarded from emissary bags now more closely match the quality of World Quest rewards.

Opened mine today, got a purple 835 chest, not even Warforged. Bout time, Blizz!

Bah guild starting mythic tonight and the eu servers die. Got first boss down to 20% then gave up as half the raid was getting 3-5second freezes

Atlantis

Finished my first keystone Mythic dungeon yesterday, lvl2 BRH.
Not sure I'm ready for this.
I didn't have any problems on bosses, there were a couple of challenging moments, but the trash is a totally different thing. Constant running forward, pulling several packs at once, party almost always below 50% hp and I'm constantly on the verge of oom, because there is no time to drink. The whole run was super stressful.
Did it as a 445 holy paladin and I'm not sure what I could do differently.

What talents are you running?

I did my first Mythic+ runs on Monday and found them pretty manageable. The DPS were all very competent and that helped a lot. I'm an 847 Holy Paladin myself, so about even with you.

Loxley

Taking a break from Legion content for a bit, I finally crossed something off my WoW bucket list:

DlJYQwY.jpg

^^ That's a psychotic rogue cackling maniacally after single-handedly murdering the entire civilian population of Booty Bay about six thousand times in order to get a hat and a parrot.

Cy7l7MT.gif

Mupod

for some reason I thought bloodsail admiral was no longer attainable. I don't have time for that these days though.

Loxley

for some reason I thought bloodsail admiral was no longer attainable. I don't have time for that these days though.

Yeah, it wasn't hard to get, just fucking tedious. It's a straight-up vanilla style rep grind for nearly 20 hours total in a phased version of Booty Bay where it is perpetually being attacked by Bloodsail pirates. However the 20 hours it took me was with the human racial that gives a 10% bonus to rep gains, it'll take even longer if you're any other race. God help you.

Because I'm not a complete lunatic, I just did a few hours at a time here and there over the last two weeks. My best advice: queue up some podcasts or an audiobook to make the time go quicker. Mercifully, you're only required to be Friendly with the Bloodsail to unlock the title. Once you do, you can rejoice in the fact that you never, ever have to return to that awful purgatory that is Booty Bay ever again.

Yeah, it wasn't hard to get, just fucking tedious. It's a straight-up vanilla style rep grind for nearly 20 hours total in a phased version of Booty Bay where it is perpetually being attacked by Bloodsail pirates. However the 20 hours it took me was with the human racial that gives a 10% bonus to rep gains, it'll take even longer if you're any other race. God help you.

Because I'm not a complete lunatic, I just did a few hours at a time here and there over the last two weeks. My best advice: queue up some podcasts or an audiobook to make the time go quicker. Mercifully, you're only required to be Friendly with the Bloodsail to unlock the title. Once you do, you can rejoice in the fact that you never, ever have to return to that awful purgatory that is Booty Bay ever again.

Until you decide you want to do the Insane and have to grind rep for the Steamwheedle Cartel...

ampere

Best hotfix.

Opened mine today, got a purple 835 chest, not even Warforged. Bout time, Blizz!

Sounds like they scale with your ilevel then, nice change.

Taking a break from Legion content for a bit, I finally crossed something off my WoW bucket list:

^^ That's a psychotic rogue cackling maniacally after single-handedly murdering the entire civilian population of Booty Bay about six thousand times in order to get a hat and a parrot.

Cy7l7MT.gif

MMO's are the best.

You've both been reported to the Goblin authorities.

v1perz53

Odd, I was doing loremaster recently and I got to the phased Booty Bay part, then set myself at war with BB but nothing would grant me any Bloodsail rep, so I thought they patched it out. Eh, doesn't really matter, my main Druid is exalted with Bloodsail (yea, I did the grind to exalted for literally no reason, on a non-human). Wasn't so bad back in WoD, with DMF + Guild Banner, I could get ~1500 rep per pull grabbing the entire inn all the way up to Revligaz, and I was unkillable on a tank back then. I would just watch a movie and do one pull every 10 minutes when the banner CD was up.

I can imagine the grind would be brutal now though with all the legion changes...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If 7.1 does not hit this year it would be a disaster. It being some kind of long term goal is sort of pointless in a multiplayer game where you are expected to be competitive.

7.1 probably coming in 3-4 weeks tbh

Ark

Killed 10 bosses on my main tonight and 6 on my alt.

No legendary.

To be fair, only about 30% of our raid team has a legendary or two right now. 864 ilvl without a legendary though :lol

LogicStep

Are you using Ancestral Swiftness? If you have the Hailstorm talent you need to keep up Frostbrand too. Use Boulderfist liberally so that you always have enough maelstrom to use 3 Stormstrikes, and Crash Lightning to buff your next SS.

Lava Lash is a last resort. I'll sit at high levels, using BF/FT/CL just waiting for that SS proc and I use LL very gingerly. If I'm capped out, it generally means I used my cooldowns at the wrong time. But in my current gear and with AS talent, I'm GCD capped pretty much all the time so I don't actually give a shit about a couple seconds of overcapping, because it isn't costing me any usages of abilities. You can only manage this though if LL is used sparingly, since Stormstrike and Crash both hit harder per maelstrom spent.

On cleave fights, Crash Lightning has a super high chance to proc Stormbringer, so it's not hard to get into strings where you open with FT, then just go BF CL SS SS SS repeat until everything is dead.

I'm using ancestral swiftness. One thing I was doing differently from this is that I only used CL when there are a couple of enemies, never really used it against only one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Friend of mine got 2 legendaries yesterday, one from the Mythic+ cache and one from one of the heroic bosses we did.

Tenebrous

Friend of mine got 2 legendaries yesterday, one from the Mythic+ cache and one from one of the heroic bosses we did.

Some people...

We were filling our 20 man mythic group up with people for heroic (more loot). Got to 28 with guildies, filled the last two spots with friends.

Those two friends of the guild got a legendary each. One of our hunters also got the bubble neck, so not too bad.

Fjordson

I'm using ancestral swiftness. One thing I was doing differently from this is that I only used CL when there are a couple of enemies, never really used it against only one.
If you have all your personal buffs up and Stormbringer is on cooldown then CL can be used for single target also.

edit: and make sure you have the Crashing Storm talent.

Apathy

Anyone in the east coast or eastern Canada getting higher than normal latency today. My trace routes look normal but in game my latency is like in the high 100's when normally they sit between 30 and 60

v1perz53

Ugh apparently you have to do Nighthold to finish the Balance of Power chain and get the artifact appearance. I'm now mad about this all over again. Not only do I have to do a pathetically easy (comparative to my group's gear level) and totally worthless gear wise Normal mode raid for like 5 weeks to get the stupid quest items, (my group doesn't raid, we just do Mythic+) but now I am gated until Nighthold, which I also have to do probably for multiple weeks. God damn blizzard, if you made this stupid appearance gated behind Mythic raids only I would understand, but Normal? And not LFR? Oh yea not to mention doing a +15 keystone isn't considered hard enough to unlock the appearance, you need to do a bunch of normal mode raid bosses! Because that is way harder than a mythic +15...

But obviously the PvP appearance isn't gated behind the organized version of the activity, nope. You can random queue and get that one no problem. Only for the PvE one are you forced to do the organized version of the activity...

I know it is only cosmetic and I shouldn't be that bitter, but my god I am bored of running normal EN for this stupid quest, as are my friends that I do Mythic+ with, but Neon Bear is, in my opinion, one of the best looking skins in the game. I just wish blizzard would realize that this is a pretty foolish way to gate things, and that something like doing a Mythic +15 should qualify you for the appearance even if you haven't slogged through normal raids for 5-10 weeks. Or at least let me do it in LFR so I can do it slowly solo 3 or so bosses a week, instead of wasting my friends time doing content that doesn't benefit us for a cosmetic reward that only I really want, or screwing over an entire group if I choose to leave a Normal run early because of burn out.

Oh well, enough ranting, time to go back to ignoring the existence of that skin like before. Stone bear forever I guess...

v1perz53

No other alternative appearances for bear?

Hidden appearance is fine, but it drops from Ursoc so one shot a week at that, not expecting it anytime soon. PvP appearance is pretty mediocre. I do like stone bear but I've been using it since like two days after hitting 110. Neon Bear is just leagues above the rest in my opinion, so its a shame it has such backwards requirements to unlock. Mostly just bothered by the inconsistency of blizzard locking a PvE appearance behind organized PvE, but not doing the same for PvP, and the fact that you have to unlock the first appearance in a row to get any of them, regardless of difficulty for each.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hidden appearance is fine, but it drops from Ursoc so one shot a week at that, not expecting it anytime soon. PvP appearance is pretty mediocre. I do like stone bear but I've been using it since like two days after hitting 110. Neon Bear is just leagues above the rest in my opinion, so its a shame it has such backwards requirements to unlock. Mostly just bothered by the inconsistency of blizzard locking a PvE appearance behind organized PvE, but not doing the same for PvP, and the fact that you have to unlock the first appearance in a row to get any of them, regardless of difficulty for each.

Oh the other colors dont unlock if you dont have the previous one? Like for example when we do the world boss achievement, that WONT unlock the skin if you havent done the raid one first?

Lol if thats the case

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Got my second legendary today, Sephuz's Secret... not even equip-able (with the +2 legs building) because the stats are so shitty GG.

v1perz53

Oh the other colors dont unlock if you dont have the previous one? Like for example when we do the world boss achievement, that WONT unlock the skin if you havent done the raid one first?

Lol if thats the case

Yep, awful awful decision. People who have done +15 Mythics or have the full glory achievement don't have the corresponding ones unlocked. I hope that this is somehow just an oversight and the whole row isn't available until nighthold unlocks and Balance of Power is completable but I kind of doubt it. Impossible to test if it is just that row too, since all other rows it isn't possible to do any of the subsequent ones until you've unlocked the first one (can't get prestige 5 before prestige 1, you unlock other hidden appearance skins by using the default skin). Except for the second row, but I would like to meet the person who unlocks all artifact traits, gets full 25 artifact knowledge, or does 26 weeks worth of Archaeology quests before finishing their order hall campaign hah.

Chris R

Are Heroics that hard? Asking from a tanks perspective, my druid is 819 but I haven't done a heroic yet because I'm afraid I'll just fuck it up :(

Only done 3 or 4 of the normal dungeons and everything was just facerolly...

Sarcasm

Stuck in a rut kind of. I am a guardian tank @ ilvl 850. Due to timezone I can't do much with guild so no steady mythics groups. Raiding? I have to find a pug when I get on.

I am trying to level enchanting (its been fun) but the mats are coming slow.

What to do...

Stuck in a rut kind of. I am a guardian tank @ ilvl 850. Due to timezone I can't do much with guild so no steady mythics groups. Raiding? I have to find a pug when I get on.

What to do...

Have you tried soloing old content for your enchant stuff? That's if you want to do it the slow way, tho..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

What to do...
Pug mythic+. Tanks are always in demand. Why level enchanting? You just need the latest mats and ranks. I make a decent buck without much effort off of words and bindings (and the odd mark). Not as profitable as herbalism but less time consuming.

Renekton

What to do...
There are tons of UTC+8 guilds, especially in oceanic realms (Frostmourne, Thaurissan, Barthilas, Jubei). Even if they are full on raid tanks, some are probably too lazy to do mythic+ dungeons so you can squeeze in as mythic+ tank.

Edit: note that Oceanic cross-realms with USA seamlessly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Or...just do other stuff when youre not raiding. You dont have to just play wow 24/7, thats a easy way to burn out, especially if you force it.

Im basically only doing the raid and 1-2 mythic+s a night, im not even doing the emissary daily now, im letting it go to 3.

Like you I was also feeling the rut so I eased up a bit. I certainly dont want to burn out before Kara hits :(

Edit: misread and couldnt edit before gaf went down (lol), I thought you said you didnt know what to do outside of raiding, but it seems your issue is that you should try and be with people on your timezone :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We got Spiderbird down tonight and I rolled 890 plate legs and got the Iron 880 relic. Sadly it's a pretty shit relic but 30 ilvl is still 30 ilvl.

What to do...

You should go to a bigger server, you won't have a lot of issues finding a guild that raids later in the night.

Fonds

Are Heroics that hard? Asking from a tanks perspective, my druid is 819 but I haven't done a heroic yet because I'm afraid I'll just fuck it up :(

Dont worry, heroics are the new normals.
Things only start getting difficult af mythic +.

Tarazet

Crash Lightning is still part of your single-target rotation. It buffs your next Stormstrike by a small amount (with the artifact points in), and also has a chance to give you a Stormbringer proc.

I sat on a dummy to try it out again, and I was getting about the same damage out of Lightning Shield, Ancestral Swiftness, and Frostbrand, with the distinction being: 1) LS is better if you are also being attacked, i.e. questing or PvP 2) AS is substantially better for multiple target 3) HS is better for target swapping and priority add damage, and it is less punishing to movement than AS. All three talents I was getting 270-280k sustained over a 10 minute pull with no movement.

Xeteh

Not at all. There are a mechanic or two more in heroics but nothing too crazy, the damage you take isn't really much more than on normal either. Don't be stressed about it.

Got the Legendary Fel Rush boots tonight of Nythendra Heroic.

Also got a Warforged Ursoc trinket from a coin.

Wasn't a bad day.

Now I actually have to grind resources for that two legendary order hall trait lmao.

Anyone ever get a glitch where they go to a town, and it's completely void of all npcs? And when you try Hearthing/tping, it's kinda 'stuck' and you can't hearth or really go anywhere, as if you got DCed?

Xeteh

Anyone ever get a glitch where they go to a town, and it's completely void of all npcs? And when you try Hearthing/tping, it's kinda 'stuck' and you can't hearth or really go anywhere, as if you got DCed?

Happened to me yesterday, went to Dalaran and the city was completely empty. I did an instance and when I came back I was fine.

Top Bottom