• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So people's first 110 they still have to buy all 25 levels of artifact knowledge, right? It just completes instantly? Or can you skip straight from some point to the level 26 quest? And then the weapon quest gives all 35 points for free? Finding conflicting information and not sure what to tell my friend to do.

Pretty sure you can buy them all for 500 resources a pop, but you do have to buy them. You can't just skip to 26.

Tarazet

I get the complaints about Outlaw, but I still enjoy playing it because 1) Thunderfury, duh, and 2) you know what you're getting from the start. Their signature ability is literally a dice roll. If you don't want RNG it's obviously not for you. Definitely prefer that they be up front about it than try and dress up the RNG specs to make it not seem like it's not RNG (looking at you, Demon Blades).

It's obviously less than ideal for Mythic raiding, and they could still improve RtB by decreasing the frequency of necessary rerolls, but if they turn it into SnD-with-dice-animation I'm going to be disappointed.

Which means I'm probably going to be disappointed.

Demon Blades isn't the only instance of RNG being disguised. The Destruction Mastery is now literally spells doing a random amount of extra damage. Plus you've also got the Darkmoon trinkets, which are BiS for healers but again are complete RNG.

cdyhybrid

Demon Blades isn't the only instance of RNG being disguised. The Destruction Mastery is now literally spells doing a random amount of extra damage. Plus you've also got the Darkmoon trinkets, which are BiS for healers but again are complete RNG.
Definitely. I just mentioned Demon Blades because I main Havoc :p

Affliction Warlock is RNG with two different resources - Soul Shards and the Souls you use for the Artifact Ability. There isn't a reliable way to get either aside from killing something. You may be thinking "Wait how does that work on boss fights like Trilliax?"

Congratulations you thought further ahead then Blizzard did. Enjoy your 20% uptime.

Lain

Had the best Gul'Dan LFR experience yet today on my scrub DH.
Everyone knew what to do, Inquisitor killed first, eyes died instantly, Gul'Dan only got to do his half stage move once because the DPS was good and I got a socketed belt and a pair of titanforged, bonus rolled, set pants. I gotta start socketing and enchanting her gear now.

DH armor is seriously slutty chest wise.

Also...
Afrc.png
I don't think it's my hand they should empower but my weapon!
I guess no one checked if the animation would play right with the BM Hunter hidden skin.

One annoying thing I've noticed though is that the DH helms clip through at least some hairstyles on my blood elf. It's really dumb. So I've had to turn off helms.

Pickman

I guess anything with a projected path isn't hitting or is hitting sporadically now? My Sindy's Breath on my DK doesn't hit most mobs I fire it at, and the freeze effect from my legendary pants doesn't trigger at all.

WTF blizzard, come on.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
One annoying thing I've noticed though is that the DH helms clip through at least some hairstyles on my blood elf. It's really dumb. So I've had to turn off helms.

Welcome to Blood elves. At least for females, all plate helmets literally don't connect to the rest of the outfit - combine that with the head-tilt animation, and you can see the giant helmet suddenly start clipping. You can also almost always still see the neck, and it looks really derpy..

I guess anything with a projected path isn't hitting or is hitting sporadically now? My Sindy's Breath on my DK doesn't hit most mobs I fire it at, and the freeze effect from my legendary pants doesn't trigger at all.

WTF blizzard, come on.

I was reading that supposedly, someone was testing this, and any 'travel path' spell now might 'start' at a later point than right on where the player is located - i.e. it will hit mobs farther away, but miss all of the close ones.

Hixx

Welcome to Blood elves. At least for females, all plate helmets literally don't connect to the rest of the outfit - combine that with the head-tilt animation, and you can see the giant helmet suddenly start clipping. You can also almost always still see the neck, and it looks really derpy..

I was reading that supposedly, someone was testing this, and any 'travel path' spell now might 'start' at a later point than right on where the player is located - i.e. it will hit mobs farther away, but miss all of the close ones.

Obviously I can't confirm thats the issue but further targets do seem way more likely to trigger damage with divine storm.

SF though just never seems to work..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Make a leatherworker only item that does AOE skinning

Don't want to hear any complaints about helmets until you've played a Pandaren or Worgen

Jag

Found a great cave for farming chests, 3-4 chests spawn in the cave and I've been server hopping to get them to respawn. With my hunter, sprinting and feign death lets me run around and not have to worry about killing all the spawns.

Downside is the chests don't have a ton of supplies or shards, so not sure its the best use of time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't usually get hyped about new MMOs, rare as they may be, but Pantheon is really scratching that Everquest itch in me that I could really use after the nonstop action direction WoW has been taking since Wrath.

Hope it actually comes out and doesn't suck. Otherwise I'll just have to go back to Project 1999 or something

Did they actually change howling blast's player animation from the directed casting animation to 1h special or w/e like it shows in that MMO champion video.

I don't want to do fucking front flip every time i cast howling blast, I really liked hand forward animation.

I rolled a fem undead DK for a reason and now you're ruining it.

New deathgrip looks like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too, who in their right mind would think that the garbage they put in was an acceptable replacement? Are they blind?

About damn time DnD got an upgrade tho.

Anybody have any info on baiting out legendaries in off-specs? Or even if it's possible. If you get a neutral legendary like Prydaz, does that count for your main spec BLP, too?

Say I have Sephuz and a specific main spec legendary. Then get Prydaz with loot set to off-spec, for example.

Lain

Anybody have any info on baiting out legendaries in off-specs? Or even if it's possible. If you get a neutral legendary like Prydaz, does that count for your main spec BLP, too?

Say I have Sephuz and a specific main spec legendary. Then get Prydaz with loot set to off-spec, for example.

They said if a leg is on your spec list, it counts, which is why some were annoyed, since generic eats up chances that way. I haven't read any change about this position from them, so I think it went live with 7.2. If you get prydaz and sephu, then you're at 2 legs for every single spec on your character, spec you were using at the time of the drop not withstanding, or at least that was their plan.

Edit: Enemies around the Broken Shore will no longer drop Nethershards by default.

I guess all the trash in that stinking place became even more annoying and a waste of time to deal with.

Metroidvania

Edit: Enemies around the Broken Shore will no longer drop Nethershards by default.

I guess all the trash in that stinking place became even more annoying and a waste of time to deal with.

They just want you to farm the ever loving bejeesus otu of the Sentinax now, I guess.

They already fixed it.

Eh, they toned it down so it's not as obtrusive, but it's still higher than it was pre-patch. I swapped from my 856 DH to 890 Pally, and a random mob had ~500k more health. 1.49 mil to 1.97 mil

Granted, that's one global, but it's still there.

Lain

They just want you to farm the ever loving bejeesus otu of the Sentinax now, I guess.

Fun for 5, the rest can go home.

Reading the thread with people having fears about the invasions showing the same tagging issues (faction and 5 people caps on trash) I'm wondering if it'll be a clusterfuck. I already can imagine the sea of grey.

Zelias

Banned
I'm not sure how they managed to make a zone worse than Tanaan, but they managed it with the Broken Shore. I hope the invasions are fun, at least.

They said if a leg is on your spec list, it counts, which is why some were annoyed, since generic eats up chances that way. I haven't read any change about this position from them, so I think it went live with 7.2. If you get prydaz and sephu, then you're at 2 legs for every single spec on your character, spec you were using at the time of the drop not withstanding, or at least that was their plan.

I understand that, but that's not exactly what I'm asking. And to be fair I'm not sure anybody but Blizzards would be able to answer this).

Scenario: Already have Sephuz (+1 to all specs) and say the BM shoulders +1 to BM). BM has two legs, so no bonus BLP. Surv and MM have one, so they have bonus BLP

Switch to Surv, get Prydaz as Surv. All specs have no bonus. But since Prydaz is neutral, does that wipe out BM's normal bad luck protection or only count against the bonus BLP for Surv and MM?

Basically, is it possible to switch loot specs to attempt to thin out potential drops for your main spec without affecting main spec BLP?

v1perz53

Call me crazy, but I kind of love the fact that the Broken Shore is as barebones as it is. Emissaries and WQs are still as relevant as they were before in the rest of the zones, if not more because of paragon rep stuff. So it is kinda nice to be able to just hop into the Broken Shore, do my 4-5 daily quests, turn in the supplies and be done there for the day, while knowing that next Tuesday there will be some more stuff to do. Fuck grinding nethershards, I'm super glad there's not really a point for me to be doing that because it sounds awful. But kinda glad the Broken Shores didn't add too much time to my list of daily wow chores, especially since my newest alt is still trying to get exalted with Nightfallen, which adds a lot of daily WQs to do.

That said, there are definitely some major problems with the Broken Shore. Faction tap and 5 tap limit totally makes the idea of Sentinax invasions non-workable (thankfully though there's no major reason to farm nethershards unless you're trying to target a legendary or something crazy), and the whole Sentinax event doesn't feel like it works well. Also it kind of feels like there is no point to the rare spawns, I've never killed one and felt like I got anything worthwhile for it. So the whole zone is just another daily quest hub until the buildings are finished. And that is the real issue, those buildings take WAY too damn long. Right after patch when you would assume the largest number of people are doing these dailies, 4 days in and not one building is even close to being finished. If they only last for 3 days, that is awful and punishing to someone who can only play certain times. If you're gonna have them take this long to build, at least leave them up for a week, so that people with harder play schedules can do that content.

Sentinax invasions would be cool because you get to roleplay as Broxigar and kill thousands of demons but the tagging system completely ruins it. They dont drop jack shit anyway.

v1perz53

Nice, I finally got Sephuz!

I'm so torn, Sephuz's passive 10% runspeed and movement proc alone would be so awesome on my pally tank, but now that bad luck protection is per-spec I kinda want to get the spec specific ones early before general ones that work for all specs and screw my bad luck protection. Also 2% haste is what, 750 haste rating? So pretty solid for my haste based specs even without the proc now.

Is it weird that Sephuz and Prydaz are my two favorite legendaries for any of my alts I don't plan on playing more than very casually?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I would've been pissed if I hadn't gotten my BiS ones already but since I do, that ring is pretty damn good for mythics. That + the AOE belt will be killer for trash.

Well, they did it, they went and made a zone worse than Tanaan. The Broken Shore is an even larger pain in the ass to even navigate and it's filled with trash mobs that aren't even worth fighting. Even the trash mobs in Tanaan dropped pitiful amounts of Apexis Crystals, almost nothing on the Broken Shore drops Legionfall Resources or Nethershards. Is the idea behind this decision being they don't want us to endlessly grind Broken Shore trash mobs for Nethershards in between the time gated quests? But it's fine to grind Broken Shore WQ's and Rares/Elites? I don't get the logic. I didn't endlessly grind trash mobs in Tanaan for Apexis crystals but the fact they dropped tiny amounts of end-game currency made fighting my way from point A to B at least somewhat worthwhile. The zone is so densely populated with trash that isn't worth fighting (unlkess there's an associated WQ) and convoluted to navigate, it's a pain in the ass to get around as a dps. Constantly getting dazed and dismounted.

Does the Frost Mage rep bonus stack with the human passive to rep gain? I've never been tempted to race change until Legion, the Pathfinder grind in this expansion is worse than Draenor's. Legion Pathfinder Part 1 is essentially Draenor Pathinder, Legion Pathinder Part 2 would essentially be equivalent to gating Dreanor Pathfinder to the Garrison Campaign and Dailies.

Einchy

I saw on Reddit that the towers, once completed, get destroyed after 3 days? I hope that's not true cus otherwise Broken Shore is ten times dumber than I once thought.

RPGCrazied

There was an invasion I guess at the broken shore? Bunch of portals, never ending spawn of legion. I guess this is used to farm nethershards? Didn't drop anything else.

Metroidvania

There was an invasion I guess at the broken shore? Bunch of portals, never ending spawn of legion. I guess this is used to farm nethershards? Didn't drop anything else.

That's (likely?) the Sentinax event.

It spews forth endless demons until someone finds (and uses) the 'boss' epic summon portal, and then it goes into cooldown for a couple minutes. It works best if you're in a group with some AoE capacity (with at least one tank or dedicated healer), because as of right now, the mobs are tag-locked, and some of the 'empowered' ones do hit decently hard.

But yeah, Broken Shores sucks. Regular mobs don't give anything, the daily quests are boring (and at least one, the basilisk cure one, has shitty drop rates for the eyes), the buildings take too long (especially if they blow up in 3 days), and there's no great reward coming out of them at all except the 1% chance of a legendary off of targeting specific slots..

Sentinax is decent/okay if you're farming in a group, but that still gets boring pretty fast (IMO, at least).

If it weren't for the rep being required for flying, I literally wouldn't be bothering right now except on alts that could use an 880+ item. If Legion invasions give relatively better rep, that area's going to become a graveyard.

Hugstable

Banned
Been enjoying alot since I hit 110 earlier in the week . Already at 865 ilvl and started doing mythics today. Even got my first Legendary last night, and it's pretty useful for my Restoration Shaman since it has an effect that buffs my Riptide alot which is awesome since I use Riptide so much. My single target healing isn't the best, but my cooldowns and totems + healing rain having been working great for me, though I do have a bit of survivability issues at times, I feel super squishy >_<

Einchy

The best thing about Broken Shore is that it has so little to do that I can focus on Nier and then Horizon.

Thanks, Blizz.

Top Bottom